What are some Veeky Forums approved careers?

What are some Veeky Forums approved careers?

Are there even any jobs in publishing anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

ratemyteachers.com/samuel-delany/2985168-t
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Our publishing companies have become jewish ethnic propaganda rackets, so no.

it'd be more effective if you dropped the anti-semitism nazi rp
I'm not an anti-semite but just from a purely mathematical perspective, that pic and the reality of the publish companies is anomalous. so if it doesn't strike you as at least ODD, then you have conceded your critical thinking abilities for the sake of a socially agreeable rejection of reality

>I'm not an anti-semite
Unwise given how much of jewish culture revolves around a hatred of you.

The editor of the New Yorker is an Anglosaxon, David Remnick; the editor of ploughshares is white; the editor of the Paris Review is now Nicole Rudick who is Anglo-French; Lance Cleland and Maisie Cochran are in charge at Tin House; Sigrid Rausing of the Rausing family dynasty of Sweden is not a Jewess nor are her family Jewish, just looking at her Grandfather and Father its plainly obvious they are ethnic Nords, her Grandpa's mother was also not at all Jewish; The Southern Review editors don't appear to both be Jewish Faust is an ambiguous last name and she doesn't seem Askhenazi, Nemens is though; Harold Augenbraum of the Yale Review is a Jew

You were wrong in key areas and right in others. Either way these infographics are fucking meaningless and only show what you want

>only show what you want
You mean to say poltards are retards?

Oh look, it's a jew trying to deceive people by telling us who he "thinks" isn't a jew and providing examples of which at least one changeover was due to the jew being fired for being caught up in the recent jewish sexual harassment purge. Part of why people don't like you is because of this type of subtle deception.

Trying too hard

>Either way these infographics are fucking meaningless and only show what you want

That is the entire point of these meme infographics. They scope is narrowed so much that what little statistics remain are completely warped and unreliable, but to an uneducated and angry reader (/pol/acks), this is all the proof they need.

You guys aren't fooling anyone with an above room temperature IQ anymore. Jewish ethnic nepotism and absurd over-representation in publishing and other industries because of it is no secret or conspiracy on the part of others. And that you try to cover for it instead of addressing it in an honest fashion is why you guys so often get expelled.

The best career is one unrelated to writing. Have your pick.

David Remnick

>"Remnick was born in Hackensack, New Jersey, the son of Barbara (Seigel), an art teacher, and Edward C. Remnick, a dentist. He was raised in Hillsdale, New Jersey, in a secular Jewish home with, he has said, "a lot of books around."

Sigrid Rausing

>"Both Sigrid's husbands have been Jewish; when she married the first, South African art dealer Dennis Hotz, the father of her eight-year-old son, she converted to Judaism.)"

Agree

not engineering
I'm starting to feel like Bartleby here

Why?

I don't understand this question.

any career choice is Veeky Forums approved.
well maybe except for highly classified careers which you can only pass memos to and from your collegues at equal to or higher security clearance.
I'd say the most lit "approved" career is working in the military

In my personal opinion I like the most Veeky Forums career is garbageman.

it's a recompenseless bitch grind until you're established enough to get others to bitch grind for you

>What are some Veeky Forums approved careers?

Academia, teaching, librarian, journalism, HR, translation, business communication, marketing (in that order).

What kind of engineering do you do?

And are you trying to write something with the ambition to publish it?

The sterile vitality and eagerness of people to do mechanical things. Zest less work, numbers and machines saps you.

literally fuck off with your hate facts

NEET

>marketing

>Roald Dahl was a vicious anti-Semite, constantly making comments against Jews and Israel
>his publisher, agent, and managing director were Jewish and he made anti-Semitic remarks around them
>they still defend(ed) him, saying he was just saying it to be provocative
How can one man be so lovable?

>“This is again an example of how Dahl refused to take anything seriously, even himself,” Foster told a German newspaper in 2008. “He was very angry at the Israelis. He had a childish reaction to what was going on in Israel. Dahl wanted to provoke, as he always provoked at dinner. His publisher was a Jew, his agent was a Jew… He asked me to be [his] managing director, and I’m Jewish,” said Foster of her former boss.

Ditch digger. Only requires physical activity so your mind still works fully when you get home. Keeps you in shape.

>HR

HR is for women and minorities

>How can one man be so lovable?
they probably hated him too but he made them money. Never underestimate how much money means to the Hebrew.

Whoops

Ignore all anti semetic posting, dont be an intellectual cuck and let others manipulate your world view.

>dont be an intellectual cuck and let others manipulate your world view.
Agreed!

is economics researcher/prof Veeky Forums approved?

>Being married to Jews = being a Jew
wew

It's medicine Veeky Forums enough?

factory work, preferably operating a machine that cycles every 70 seconds. just long enough to make notes between cycles, doesn't tie up most of your brain being creative, leaving you the opportunity to work on your writing.

>Zest less work, numbers and machines saps you.

this turns out not to be the case. have you ever had a job in the real world? one that pays money?

>falling for the career meme

I work in a theatre. I think it's lit approved, but it's ground down my once-gentle spirit and I now hate all artists and "creatives".

im starting to believe more and more about a certain way of living one that mixes the neet lifestyle and gambling to make cash
I'll probably get my legs broken within a year tho

>she converted to Judaism

>converting changes your genetic makeup
w e w
e
w

Are you claiming Jews to be a genetic race?

>gambling
you're fucking retarded. Even poker, which isn't even gambling, is extremely difficult to make a decent living with.

They are.

This happened to me working at a library, except it's not the artists I hate, just old people who single-handedly support Patterson's, Cussler, Steel's, etc. careers.

As much as those authors degrade the art of literature with their pulp nonsense, the money publishers make on them supports countless other authors.

It's amazing how lazy creative people in the gross are. It's like they think they deserve recognition just for trying.

The only kind of gambling you can become successful at is the stock market, and to actually become sucessfull at that you have to enter into conditions that will transform you into a cretin.

I worked at a literary agency for four years. I didn't hate it but I felt I was too young to tie myself to that sinking ship. It did feel like the end was nigh for traditional publishing. Which is sad because when it was at it's best, it was as romantic as people make it sound. But alas, those were fatter times. I'm happy to talk about what the publishing industry is like if you're interested.

What do you think would need to change for the good times to come again for trad and for them to compete, or is it truly doomed thanks to self-pub?

Whatever JOB you can succeed at and pays enough to support your family or whatever is driving your life

>Having a family
Truly the worst idea I've ever had. Nothing has stifled my creative drive as much as settling down.

>you have to enter into conditions that will transform you into a cretin

Library guy again, you don't want to become these crusty men that spend all their time daytrading on public computers at the library.

I think the market will steadily decline and plateau at a place where they can coexist, in the most literal sense. But the culture of traditional publishing, the arbiters of its color and flare, that is going away quickly and not likely to be replaced. I had the pleasure of working alongside some proper legends, guys in their 70's, 80's, one in his 90's even - and they were just a different breed. Raised on steak and martinis and cigarettes. They had huge minds and huge personalities. And then, by comparison, my peers were a pack of gray Honda civics, indistinguishably bland. All of them, young white women with english degrees, couldn't hold a conversation for the life of them, thought everyone with half a personality was weird. And so while the fiscal decline is damning, it's the spiritual decline that's the true tragedy.

Really? I'm not driven by anything and don't really have passion for life. I figured when I have kids then'll at least have something to live for. Seems kinda like a trap tho

>I had the pleasure of working alongside some proper legends, guys in their 70's, 80's, one in his 90's even - and they were just a different breed. Raised on steak and martinis and cigarettes. They had huge minds and huge personalities. And then, by comparison, my peers were a pack of gray Honda civics, indistinguishably bland. All of them, young white women with english degrees, couldn't hold a conversation for the life of them, thought everyone with half a personality was weird.
That sounds like pretty much every area. When I was in school the older professors had so much more insight into concepts. My peers and even my younger professors were just as you described, bland. There truly is no other word for it. It's like they're scared to hold opinions.
What would you do to fix it?

I thought the same. It was a trap. It ends up requiring so much time and effort, it saps the life out of you, literally and metaphorically. You are multiple people as one entity. It makes you shallower as a person.

didn't say I was going to do it, but let's say I was gonna do it, blackjack would be the weapon of choice

that shit defeats the purpose of the neet gambler, stock market is work and a rather difficult one at that. life isn't the wolf of Wall Street, you need money to make money with stocks, if I had it I'd rather spend it somewhere else instead of this

Yeah it's a good question. I think that for a lot of these fields (particularly the agent/producer/manger pseudo-creative fields), it just got so much more competitive to get a job once those industries had their turn being fucked by the internet. And I agree, something about the current college to job market funnel is designed to smooth over the edges of a personality, homogenize it in the worst way. I hate to say it, and maybe it's just a coincidence, but the people who I meet my age that pop, for better or worse, all come from the start-up world (I quit the agency to start a business, so I'm probably biased here). I guess what I'm saying is I think those people still exist, they're just doing other things these days than going to college and getting jobs.

Let’s, those of us who remain single and free, take a minute or two to appreciate, in the form of tiringly enthusiastic laughter, the fact that we did not wake up too god damned early this morning, hurry in traffic to a horseshit e-mail-ridden cuck-job with fucking SHITHEADS all day, just for the reward of having our few remaining hours, after the sun goes down, occupied by what-the-fuckever our less-than-competent loin-spawn decide we should busy ourselves with (or worse, and likely much worse): HAHAHAHAHAJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HOW THE FUCK DID SOCIETY TRICK SO MANY PEOPLE INTO SUCH A STUPID FUCKING IDEA?!?!?

What does Veeky Forums think of psychiatry as a career?

I'm now 23 and graduated with a BA and Master's in social sciences and humanities subjects, and always mulled around the prospect of practicing law, but only this year have I seriously considered medicine and, specifically, psychiatric therapy. It is in high demand and can earn $300-400k yearly.

I would have to do at least an entire year of undergraduate study to take some required courses and get my grades up, and then significant time would have to be spent in preparation for the MCAT (I'd probably devout a solid 6 months or more). I would have to spend the next ten years of my life grinding.

Aside from that, I think a PhD in social psych or political science is my best bet as I could probably jump into top poli sci doctoral programs as is, and would likely only need a year of extra graduate work to get into a good psych program.

As a person that has been fucked over by the drugs pushed by psychiatrists for years, I’d like to say: don’t do it. Fuck all of those drugs. Murder causes short-term suffering, the suffering (whether or not a subject is conscious of their suffering) drawn out by psychiatrists can last fifty or more years. Fucking sucking life out of human beings that were designed to live as human beings. Reducing beauty’s highest manifestation to pudding’d thought processes. Call it dramatic, but fuck those drugs. All of them. Become a pot/lsd/dmt/mdma dealer and I honestly believe you will be on better terms with whoever the fuck sits at heaven’s gates

My aspiration would be to practice therapy and do research first and foremost. Drug therapies would be a small part of my practice, ideally, but I suppose you're right that they would make up an inevitably large aspect of my job.

Oh--and which drugs did they fuck you over with?

I feel like I'm getting fucked by Adderall. Here in Toronto, prescriptions are free until 25 so I feel like I should be milking this free, clean speed until I'm ineligible.

i am in awe of this picture every time i see it, because of how viscerally i feel the pistol's muzzle askew from the ruler

askew isn't a verb, pseudo

this

>my family is the reason I'm not published
ok

That's my point though. It's possible to make money out of money and information, rather than any kind of real labor, but you end up becoming somebody obsessed with basically this weird little game that makes your entire life center around money for so long and in such a way that you never want to get out even if you can, which actually does take quite a bit of skill and application.

Actual gambling it's not actually possible to make money out of beyond like poker and it ends up being basically the same thing. That is, unless you're rigging the system. That's just a scam.

Just get a normal decent job, don't have kids and you'll have plenty of time to yourself.

Read Jung

Teacher, priest/pastor, librarian

>already wasted 4 years in school and continues to exhibit employment-resistant personality, insists on remaining in school for the foreseeable future
I can't necessarily blame you, it's the only environment you've ever known. It's hard to know when to call it a day and move on to the next horizon. But Jesus, man, you're only making the transition from education to career-sector more painful the longer you put it off.

lol anti depressants have been proven to work

stop spreading misiniformation

>Old, experienced professionals at the pinnacle of their field have a deeper knowledge and character than kids straight out of school
Wow what a story
Also I hate to argue with industry insider knowledge but I keep an eye on these sorts of things to help direct my stock portfolio and physical book sales appea to be doing fine. There was a drawdown a few years back because the publishers hadn’t figured e-books out yet but they seem to be back on their feet.

I do this just for the sake of an alcohol and occasional drug habit. Maybe with the right woman a family could be something decent, but at least for now I have the freedom to be a degenerate and gather random experiences.

I have been thinking about getting a degree in history and then joining the National Guard (US) as an officer so I have a guaranteed job. Something in logistics, hopefully. I've been reading a lot of war memoirs lately and thinking about it.

I don't know about lit approved careers, but anything slow or physical is ideal because the wandering mind brings much inspiration. My job is scrubbing a kitchen at night and it is some fine thinking time if there ever was any.

Also, it seems a lot of folks are hung up on finding a job to live for, but that doesn't work the same for everyone. I think it is more important to find your own sense of worth. Imagine a seven year old boy coming in the kitchen to show his mom a cool bug he found. He beams with pride while she masks disgust, but he has found something worth being proud of to him, so others are happy for it even if it grosses them out. Your thing to live for (your self worth) should be like that bug, and you the boy: you should be proud of your wriggly nasty thing, even if it makes mom wrinkle her nose and lie about her shared enthusiasm. After all, it isn't about what they think of your bug, but your glee at having caught it alive to show off with shameless pride.

bump

>Comfort seeking Last Man type jobs.

No.

Wrong. Many writers over time have been librarians and teachers.

Most writers today are creative writing teachers in some capacity.

Philip Larkin was a librarian, Carver was a librarian, Borges, etc.

The old creative writing professor at my undergraduate is a fairly prominent novelist, although he has since retired.
>ratemyteachers.com/samuel-delany/2985168-t

Gonzo journalism

Military
Law
NEET/Monk/Hermit
Professor

anything else is not Veeky Forums

Shrewd businessman

Bosin
Navy
Ferryman

Anything to do with the sea.

law is hardly Veeky Forums and military sure as fuck isnt

I tried them for over a year, thought they were ‘working’ and didn’t realize how much they were dehumanizing me until after I stopped. Our priorities are clearly different. When you say they ‘work’ you mean that they are effective in some capacity toward a certain end. I think the end toward which they are effective is a hellish reality that the subject is tricked into thinking is ‘good’. The experience of that reality prevents the subject from experiencing the truly human reality (an experience that is vital to true eudaimonia which is truly the only cause that makes life worth living (intentional overuse of ‘true)). Go fuck yourself, or stop taking your ‘happy’ pills, or form sentences that hold real value.