goodreads.com/user/show/75233123-mabel
goodreads.com/user/show/38537315-luuk
goodreads.com/user/show/8907195-dirty-derk
goodreads.com/user/show/43562285-alexander
goodreads.com/user/show/6261192-bbrown
goodreads.com/user/show/13715808-sean
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

goodreads is the spectacle
speaking of which, a lot of faggy situationist wannabes are attracted to goodreads and pack their profiles full of self-important signifying nonsense

ok

So what happens if we become Goodreads friends?

Absolutely nothing.

I'm too ashamed to post my profile, sorry.

You can add me as a friend, anyway. It's not like I'll betray you.

goodreads.com/user/show/40786105-oliver-bagshaw

I like to read book

Funny, same people as always.

It's genuinely quite enjoyable to have a place like goodreads to discuss literature with people from Veeky Forums as we don't feel the pressure so much from anonymous peer pressure to shitpost, meme or insult people based on differences of opinion. Don't get me wrong, it's not a perfect place, but sometimes you just want to get some straightforward recommendations without any of the pressures of Veeky Forums.

Plus, I use Goodreads more frequently than I probably should so it makes sense to visit these threads.

No, I understand you. I use goodreads for same reasons.

I'm little sad that Veeky Forums is the same 80-100 people for years.

If Goodreads didn't have half as many women in might be a good place to hang out.

goodreads.com/user/show/60516585-nick-kabashi

im a booklet

are you sexist?

>I'm little sad that Veeky Forums is the same 80-100 people for years.
Why, its comfy

Define sexist

because there are same discussions every day

Yes.

go back to /pol/

Suck a dick

Wew so edgy

There wasn't anything edgy about it.

L O N D O N

Reading wheel.

goodreads.com/user/show/7002468-carlos-eduardo

goodreads.com/user/show/42659590-gemas

subscribe

arranged marriage

goodreads.com/user/show/52918291-aung-sett-kyaw-min

proud pseud here

What I fucking hate is those twats who write pretentious nonsense and then write all lower case. It's this twee disingenuousness that allows them to pose as an intellectual while discouraging engagement with anything they say. The only thing worse than a pretentious twat is pretentious twat who says 'but tee hee, dont take me too seriously!' Say what you like about overly verbose autists, at least they have integrity.

i agree. are you btfoing me though?

Nice dog, my dude.

goodreads.com/author/show/1834894.Manny_Rayner

No offense intended

SIGNAL MELTDOWN

You keep up to date on what your friends are reading.

Do we really have to see this thread to 300 posts before you'll fuck off for another week? If these threads were worth a shit you wouldn't have to bump them like this.

fuck off. you can't use 4chanX, retard?

You don't need 4chanX to hide threads. I'm trying to help you by making you aware of how much an autistic fuck you are for sitting around all day keeping this thread alive

I bump this thread once in 2-3 hours. But if you don't like this thread and watch for its update, who is autistic fuck? fuck off.

goodreads.com/user/show/69183846-ozarkiote

You know we can see the timestamps right? You're 22 years old and you've been here for 10 hours. Sort yourself out.

Hello, smitti!
Booklet means "small book".
More like BAKA-let heh amirite exdidi?

Ok. Glad you’re worry about me.

Can we PLEASE be more active on the Veeky Forums goodreads group? There were a few threads in the last days about noqualityposting on Veeky Forums and what could be used as an alternative. I'm not talking merely about shitposts, there are tons of non-lit threads about self-help books, booktube, peterson, pewdiepie, "insert random word here and a frog pic", "write/confess you are sins" or stack threads. Absolutely nobody talks about literature anymore right here.
nigga...iz u again?

I love you, my dude. I’m here for you.

goodreads.com/user/show/75625824-blank

lel
manny has good reviews

goodreads.com/user/show/58678290-joaco

goodreads.com/user/show/76581804-monkeynet

goodreads.com/user/show/24891808-doug

no, manny, you don't
thenk yu fran

>read: 85
>to read: 439

my man

>anonymous peer pressure

hipsters

goodreads.com/user/show/67861231-shad
I've been really busy, so I'm not super active on it.

I honestly hope you didn't buy the "anons r rude bcoz muh 3speech haven they're just venting lol" maymay. No, they have just adopted the chan culture like every other norman. You should know this better than the rest since this board consists largely of pseuds and snobs. It has probably the most ingrained patrician/plebeian dichotomy and people, yea, you guessed it right, anonymous people are pressured into filling the shape!

dumping mine here
goodreads.com/user/show/72903375-vlad
no bully plez

Aaaand I'm gonna read it now.

I want some Veeky Forums friends, but at the same time I haven't updated my Goodreads in just over a year. Am I exiled from these threads?

Also curious if the Veeky Forums group is active?

no, but it should be

goodreads.com/user/show/75233123-mabel

goodreads.com/user/show/38537315-luuk

more friends good

it takes fucking 2 seconds to bump a thread

There's nothing stopping you from making a Men's Veeky Forums group.

bepis

Would anyone be interested in doing a physical book swap through goodreads?

Instead of mass adding people and not really getting to know anyone, I think it'd be a fun experience to try to get to know someone in such an unorthodox manner. We'd facilitate communication and track progress through goodreads, it wouldn't be anything high maintenance.

Don't know about books, but maybe trying to send postcard each other?

Stack threads and write/confess threads are fine for less serious discussion. Stack threads are literally about books.

I wouldn't mind sending postcards instead, I've collected a few Veeky Forums related ones over the years.

dumping because i'm too lazy to go through and add everyone.

goodreads.com/user/show/8907195-dirty-derk
(disclaimer: i'm one of those twats ())

pm me (i’m op)
I’ve bought cool Orthodox postcards

The write and confess threads are offtopic and you know it. The "less serious discussion"that pertains to the stack threads is pseudcalling, mass replying and narcissistic showoff. But that's not even the bad thing. Those threads are literally the only ones where any such "discussion" happens. Maybe /sffg/ as well though I've never been there.
I'm curious how would you do this "physical" swap, user, it's not something that comes so in handy.

How do I unfriend people? I don't give a shit what you guys want to read, are reading, or what page you're on. My feed is filled with this garbage.

>go to bottom of page of someone's profile
>click "remove as friend"
there

lul

well it is pretty boring honestly. portrait is much better

goodreads.com/user/show/43562285-alexander

Sent you a message.

It'd be a small mail exchange, sorry I thought that was implicit. I know mail isn't practical but it's fun to change things up.

What is this book?

I love your tastes.

Entry level desu

>most of your read books are compulsory literature for 12th graders
>Bertrand Russell

goodreads.com/user/show/6261192-bbrown

goodreads.com/user/show/13715808-sean

My dude, how many hours do you read a day? How much of the 40 books you had read this year do you think you absorbed? I’m not bullying, just impressed. I love you, my dude.

I'm not that person but excuse me for saying 40 books isn't that unreasonable for one to read in a year.

I mean the 44 books he has read in 2018, my dude.

Haha, oh. Maybe Harold Bloom is learning how to program in python.