Is English really a Germanic language?

Is English really a Germanic language?

my toe really needs to be clicked but it's not clicking. anyone have any advice?

English is like its colonialism: all over the place.

Grammatically, it’s Germanic, and most of the basic words (personal pronouns, to go, to be, etc.) are Germanic, but The majority (2/3-ish I believe) of the vocabulary comes from Latin and Greek. So it’s kind of Germanic, kind of not.

Yes. Why wouldn't it be?

The vocabulary issue would not affect whether it is Germanic or not.

No it isn't, otherwise I wouldn't be struggling this hard to learn G*rman

You’re right, but it just seems weird to call a language Germanic when most of its words aren’t Germanic. But linguists call it Germanic for the most part, so I guess it’s more or less a settled question.

What are you struggling with? The case system?

Well the words are just being adapted into the way the language already functions. If you made up a bunch of nonsense words and started using them they'd still be forced into a Germanic structure. It's the same thing.

This. It comes out of Germanic language but most of the actual vocabulary isn't.

Good point. So I guess that settles it OP.

Yes, that's why it's an inferior language. Latin derived languages are much superior.

Anglos seem to willingly forget that they were under a long reign of french-speaking normanns.

are you pulling or laterally bending?

i push it on a hard surface. it's still not clicking

Anglo-Saxons came to England from Germany, and there was a high probability that they were sent there as a criminal underclass, as the English later sent their criminal underclass to Australia. Needless to say a twice removed criminal underclass of whites still beats the shit out of everyone else in most all but naive cucking for the non-whites destroying their nations.

>and there was a high probability that they were sent there as a criminal underclass
That is retarded. Anglo-Saxons were supplanted from their lands on continent by other tribes.

Your theory is less likely.

never tried that technique but it sounds like you need a small dowel to act as an expander. I use the second joint of my index finger whilst also introducing axial twist, usually works a treat.

>The arrival of the Anglo-Saxons into Britain can be seen in the context of a general movement of Germanic peoples around Europe between the years 300 and 700, known as the Migration period (also called the Barbarian Invasions or Völkerwanderung).

Of course it is. I’m actually watching NGE right now and when Asuka starts speaking German it almost sounds English because of the sudden break from Japanese

All I remember is that the English was horrendous when I watched it. But it's really a trademark of "Japanese German" in anime.
I switched over to the English dub when they spoke German