Why do book youtubers read almost exclusively young adult?

Why do book youtubers read almost exclusively young adult?

Was authors attempting to compete with movies and video games a mistake? It seems like modern YA lit stunts attention spans and make reading actual books impossible.

>waaaaaaaah why don't people like what I like? :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

>Why do book youtubers read almost exclusively young adult?
Probably because it sells.

These books can be read fast for one thing.
Helps if you want to make a video a week or somesuch.

But I mean they have literally only read YA

The girl in the picture has a massive bookshelf with probobly over a thousand books in her room, and by her own admission the only classics she has read are Fahrenheit, Alice and Wonderland, and a single Jane Austen book.

She says the best dystopian book shes ever read is the fucking hunger games

This isn't some obscure person, she gets 100-300k views per video. I just don't understand how you can read THAT much and never touch a legitimate piece of art.

People that love fast food don't care about fine dining.

I would expect someone who spends their whole life eating food, and talks about food on youtube for a living, would at some point consider fine dining and give it a shot

why bother?

Why care about anything?

These people have influence and only encourage people to indulge on shit, which in turns causes publishers to focus on shit

Why do you think no real great work of literature has been published in nearly 50 years?

You expect much from a woman.

They are young and they produce content for a young audience.

>it's a food analogy

this
Because of the size of the market. Youtube, even after a decade is still dominated by younglings. Hell I would say the average age of a youtuber is probably around 6-7 due to the parents giving their 3-4 old brats a tablet to fuck around with whenever they get sick of parenting, do take into the children themed channels and see how giant they are compared to the rest.

Katie loves classic books doesn't

>being mad at people for not being intelligent
Jesus christ you people are worse than academics

Pic unrelated of course

who are their audiences?

Not teenagers. It's mostly 20-25 year olds, who are more than ready for literature.

Regardless, you are still missing the point. How is it that a lifelong reader whose primary hobby is reading has never even considered trying a real book?

Why don't you make your own booktube channel with the books you like?

Because girls are retards

it’s the same for the soyboys

he’s not asking about the market for that he’s asking why most of the existing one’s are like that

It's more suited for the format. Making a 10 minute opinion piece about something more artistic in general is less interesting the the audience and more unsatisfactory for the maker.

Soyboys are just women with cocks, pseud

>I would expect someone who spends their whole life eating food, and talks about food on youtube for a living, would at some point consider fine dining and give it a shot

This might come as a shock, but there are people out there who eat everyday, maybe even talk about food every day, and still don't care much about refined cuisine.

>I would expect someone who spends their whole life eating food

Not OP but I agree with him

cant start one because uggo

Its popular and brings in the sheckles. Whats the point of this thread again?

You're still missing the point. Its not about what she and others promote on their channels, its the fact that personally she has read like 2 classics

people are stupid, stupid sells, there is no shame anymore, elitism is only allowed in the journalist and political arena where either conservatives use it to attack browns and poors and hippies or libs use it to attack whites and rich people and religious people

yes, most people are retarded and still think "reading novels" is some great intellectual endeavor, and then go on to read YA bullshit like harry potter and post stuff like "ugh I need to get back to reading, LOTR next!"

what is your point? did you just realize this? bad thread

Well the Clarkesworld Magazine channel has only 300 subs, so being even marginally more complex than YA results in being massively shunned it seems.

Nevar forget.

Pretty much every youtube channel that isn't politics or memes is watched excursively by women, books included.

high market value

Media with the lowest barrier to entry have the largest readership.
Supplementary media will be targeted towards the largest possible clusters of readers.
YA has the lowest barrier to entry.
QED.

You have to eat food your whole life to survive. Not reading probably won't kill you

Because they don't have to actually read them, they can just scan reviews on Goodreads.

>"no 19th Century author is any more valid than any other"

and nothing of value was lost

This. Be me. Go to bookstore. Look for new Fantasy. Nothing but shitty Harlequin-tier romances with swords and mages.

who is this pig faced piece of tail? i'd like to dick slap her til she turns blue and squeals

Because the people who watch the most youtube are children and teenagers so aiming content at them leads to more viewers.

Don't you mean children, I always thought kids were the driving force behind most of youtube

These women put themselves out there, and talk about their hobbies, their likes, dislikes, and you shit on them for that? They get a lot of criticism and yet they continue.

It takes a lot of courage, which you don't have, especially when you don't even make your own shitty """"""Booktube""""""" video series.

That's the youtube audience; young adults. Channels grow and get attention if they service that and don't if they don't.

Why would being an uggo prevent you from making a Booktube channel? Are you worried that some random people on the internet are going to make a thread making fun of you?

> why do book youtubers read almost exclusively young adult

Maybe because they are young adults, grandpa.

>why do mainstream people do mainstream things
i wonder why

It is bizarre that she wouldn't have read more classic novels. If you met someone in real life who told you they were really into reading and read a book per week and you asked them if they'd read Tolstoy or Fitzgerald or Conrad or Henry James and they said no, you'd assume they were lying about their reading habits.

> Blood Meridian
> 2666
> A Brief History of Seven Killings
> Cloud Atlas
> Fingersmith
> not great achievements of literature

I mean don't get me wrong, it does look like that we don't have as many classics within the past 50 years in comparison to the 50 years before those past 50 years, but good stuff does still manage to rise.