youtu.be/OyYnstGB3rM
youtu.be/esI8PjCzgCU
aryanism.net/wp-content/uploads/Adolf-Hitler-The-Ultimate-Avatar-Part-One.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=DqzUhP2ZOe8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

LOTR obviously

Hitler: the Ultimate Avatar by Miguel Serrano

>Hitler: the Ultimate Avatar by Miguel Serrano
Nice. Let me check where to buy. Hit search.
>amazon.com/Adolf-Hitler-Ultimate-Miguel-Serrano/dp/0987370561
Oh, gee, I wonder...

Pynchon

I'm aware of the influence. But can only truly say that LOTR is the Filosofem of literature?

>the most radio friendly Burzum album is the most popular
Sad, but expected.

It's ironic if you ask me.

If I had to guess then probably something by Nietzsche

It's the Silmarillion, actually. Varg is the Fingolfin of Black Metal and Euronymous was Melkor. Both great personalities

Try, "Egregious Faggotry and Its Edgy Discontents" by G. F. Yusef.

Black metal isn't for everyone, and it should stay that way.

There are some albums, or much rather, songs, which can be grasped by the normie herds at large; every thrash metal listener who rocks his head to Megadeth and pays no attention to the already shitty lyrics can understand even the lyrics of some black metal songs, Dunkelheit or Sign of an Open Eye. Their pace is not as fast and "discordant" as the other kvlt songs and the shrieks aren't as aggressive. The edgier ones may understand Quintessence or Transylvanian Hunger too.

We're talking cult black here, as newer BM has been besmirched beyond all hope. Although I myself am an individualist anarchist, I'd break the NAP against DSBM bands who advocate for hedonism and self harm. The Black Metal label is wrongly asserted to them.

You like peste noire?

not him but for a long time peste noir was a joke

Yes. Eerily they have no normie-friendly tune, even the one they made a video for. I prefer Autarcie when it comes to French black metal though. I like the rural, unpretentious vibe to the whole scene, maybe it ties into the rural history and tradition of France, since only of late has it become more urban than rural. On the same theme you can find the industrial/neo-classical project Karjalan Sissit.

Really? i've always loved them because they stray from traditional BM music but maintained its spirit (at least early on) then did their own thing which was a degenerate version of nsbm.

At least lyrically. Their music has changed dramatically from the early days.

their last two albums were cringe-invoking
i love "ballad..." tho

Shit have you even seen their most recent video? I showed it to my friends and one said "is this a rap promo?" It's kind of funny, but yeah.

I did, for better or worse. Had a genuine laugh though.

I still like the music, and I'll buy anything they sell, but they really should return to their roots. If they don't, fuck it, famine still has more talent ran most of the black metal scene.

>Burzum
Go listen to some real BM, you fucking twelvie.

>man literally started black metal
>25 years later some blockhead on a taiwan ping-pong imageboard says you are not real BM

>what literature combines other worldy levels of distored violence with soothing minimalism and classical european epics

I'm not sure what kind of literature can match both the hard misanthropic and religious themes of the album desu, along with the more modern styles mixed in with lyrics deriving from classical epics, its very unique. Maybe Goethe's Faust?

>Burzum started black metal
No, that would be this band here
youtu.be/OyYnstGB3rM

They are widely considered proto black metal as well as Venom. But they are not BM.

>comparing a meme musician to Goethe in any context

get out.

kinda agree with that
Varg was a great musician and artist but his religious analysis was trash-tier

>They are considered proto black metal
*First Wave along with Hellhammer and Celtic Frost, and yes the are black metal.

Although their best work was their Viking metal desu
youtu.be/esI8PjCzgCU

>Varg is a meme musician
Topkek
>>>/Tumblr/
>His religious analysis
Is actually pretty spot on as far as paganism is concerned , and the imagery evoked in filosofem is fairly reminiscent of Goethe in certain ways
>Inb4 waves of autism from Veeky Forumseral retards who think I am saying Varg is and influential or complex as Faust
No

>amazon.com/Adolf-Hitler-Ultimate-Miguel-Serrano/dp/0987370561
aryanism.net/wp-content/uploads/Adolf-Hitler-The-Ultimate-Avatar-Part-One.pdf
aryanism.net/wp-content/uploads/Adolf-Hitler-The-Ultimate-Avatar-Part-Two.pdf

I personally consider only second-wave artists to be "trve" BM. All these trash and death metal acts prior didn't define the BM aesthetics in it's complete form as norwegian scene did.

>Is actually pretty spot on as far as paganism is concerned
I didn't find his thoughts on paganism to be any sort of relevant. Modern society is secular to the core, I assume.

>Modern society is secular to the core, I assume.
You assume wrong, depending on your definition of modernity. When I was talling about modernity I meant stylistically not in terms of a value judgement, minimalism and extreme distortion are very modern sounds. As far his thoughts on polytheism he is fairly well versed and the story in filosofem is Varg struggling to maintain to his soul's integrity , muh like the story of Faust.

Modern societies (and especially european ones) don't require a concept of God or gods to keep it's integrity. Nobody believes in God nowadays and Church became a banal social institute instead of being a medium between human and God. So you cannot invoke a spiritual renaissance in people by simply adhereing to paganism because paganism is an obsolete form of human subconsious. Varg's paganism is simply an unwilling kitsch.

The tumblr hallmark is to be seen here it seems, le epic lowercase.

>Modern societies (and especially european ones) don't require a concept of God or gods to keep it's integrity. Nobody believes in God nowadays and Church became a banal social institute instead of being a medium between human and God. So you cannot invoke a spiritual renaissance in people by simply adhereing to paganism because paganism is an obsolete form of human subconsious. Varg's paganism is simply an unwilling kitsch.
So why are there so many catholics on this board

>goethe
>not a meme author

These people are only interested in catholic culture, but their interest is of mere onlooker: none of them is a true believer. They deem catholicism in the same vein as ancient greece — important, but irrelevant.

now available in autistic english

>radio friendly
>25:11 ambient track that goes nowhere
ok

Judging too soon. I'm a Catholic convert and a true believer, not a cultural Catholic. I use the Church as a "medium between human and God" and not "a banal social institute."

-

In the Catholic Church we do not speak of humanity or the brotherhood of man, we speak instead of Christ and the children of God. This is because every man, unless he is redeemed and transformed by God’s grace, is at heart a criminal. Humanity is a gang of thieves, and the brotherhood of man is a fraternity of criminals. When God asked Cain why he had killed his brother Abel, he cynically replied, “Am I my brother’s keeper?” First Cain had fallen out with God, and then he fell out with his brother. So it is with the rest of mankind. If I do not have God in heaven for my Father, then what unites you & I on earth as brothers? If I do not love God and love you for God’s sake, then what in principle prevents me from robbing you or killing you whenever it suits me? You might say that I ought to love you for your own sake, and to be good for the sake of being good — but seeing as you & I are both equally men, there’s nothing to prevent me from putting the love of myself over the love of you, or putting my own private good above yours. It’s not difficult for me to find some reason why I am a superior man to you, or some justification to believe that my happiness is more important than yours. Let’s be honest now: we men tend towards hating each other, and modern advancements in science and education have not changed this at all. This is why in the Catholic Church we do not speak of this fictional “humanity” or “brotherhood of man”, but the reality of the children of God redeemed and reborn in Christ. The only man who isn’t a criminal is the saint, but the saint is the only one who openly confesses to being a criminal. If the saint confess to being criminal, what hypocrite dares to profess he isn’t one?

>There is, however, another good work that is done by detective stories. While it is the constant tendency of the Old Adam to rebel against so universal and automatic a thing as civilization, to preach departure and rebellion, the romance of police activity keeps in some sense before the mind the fact that civilization itself is the most sensational of departures and the most romantic of rebellions. By dealing with the unsleeping sentinels who guard the outposts of society, it tends to remind us that we live in an armed camp, making war with a chaotic world, and that the criminals, the children of chaos, are nothing but the traitors within our gates. When the detective in a police romance stands alone, and somewhat fatuously fearless amid the knives and fists of a thieves’ kitchen, it does certainly serve to make us remember that it is the agent of social justice who is the original and poetic figure; while the burglars and footpads are merely placid old cosmic conservatives, happy in the immemorial respectability of apes and wolves. The romance of the police force is thus the whole romance of man. It is based on the fact that morality is the most dark and daring of conspiracies. It reminds us that the whole noiseless and unnoticeable police management by which we are ruled and protected is only a successful knight-errantry.

>actual Veeky Forums BM

Being and Time

those sites are honeypots to capture your ip

This

>. Nobody believes in God nowadays and Church became a banal social institute instead of being a medium between human and God.
Well tipped fellow athiest

>Dude religion is so 2008
>No one is a theists anymore
I fucking hate athiest spergs who assume that their materialistic worldview is completely infallible as if it's part of the natural progression of thought, and not the degredation of thought caused by mass consumerism

Burzum fans are faggots

God isn't real, sorry.

Deathspell Omega are talentless hacks

Theism is more intelligent than athiesm, sorry

I need to take filosofem with my anti-androgens so my bones don't die

idk but this is the Filosofem of film

Good movie. Made me sad tho

>DSBM is hedonistic

What now? Also Corrupted is fucking great.

id rather say its Stalker

>open thread expecting interesting book suggestions
>get anons screeching about trve kvlt, memes, and normies

can i just get a nice atmospheric book rec to pour my existence into?

post your last.fm so i can steal your music too

The monk by Matthew Lewis

read that that years ago and loved how wonderfully twisted ambrosio is. though the ending caught me off guard when i was younger. do you have another rec in that area?

The Decameron if you have not read it.
[Spoiler]also my diary desu [/spoiler]

i've read that too, boccaccio is pretty amusing and provocative- some of those stories are a bit intense for me even today. oddly enough i got into it because of a waterhouse painting of all things. one more try?

you have my gratitude user. if you have a goodreads i'd be interested in your book catalog.

>g-go back to t-t-tumblr

Absolutely pathetic, listening to childish meme music by a LARPer and thinking that people mocking it for your is "tumblr". This board has gone to shit and your taste is trash.

Oh very nice of you to say so. I don't have a goodreads account. I always recommend this book.

Fuckinnnnn

Unironically true since Deathspell Omega is pretentious and empty much like Veeky Forums.

somehow i completely missed this, wow. thank you! i've only read ehrengard before this. it was captivating, she has such a distinct writing voice.

do you read a lot of gothic works?

There was a time when I did. That is a very helpful image :)

Does Ligotti deserve the hype?

Patrician taste user. What's your Goodreads?

A decent with an author that later went full retarded ruined his legacy by posting moronic and embarrassingly incorrect vlogs on YouTube? Dunno there's nothing comparable I can think of.

yes

literally Bataille: the band

Is it good?

he was a retard
mayhem is the true patrician's black metal choice

>implying I am an atheist
But I personally couldn't give a damn if there is God or isn't. I only view religion as a social phenomenon, not a metaphysical one. Also, I highly doubt that absolute faith is possible at all. Like, do you, catholics or whoever you are, really, and I mean really, like your whole life depends on it (and it certainly does) believe in existence of God? Without the slightest shadow of a doubt? I tried to be theist one time but I just couldn't bring myself to believe in it. I don't feel the presence of God in this world.

youtube.com/watch?v=DqzUhP2ZOe8