Can you follow two religions? Maybe even two or five at once...

Can you follow two religions? Maybe even two or five at once? What is maximum number that you could realistically combine to outplay Pascal's wage?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/1bVCUeeS
storage.cloversites.com/fcfgroups/documents/Why We Believe 7.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=IQUsK2eNkfc
youtube.com/watch?v=PYSmV2FlHDw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

depends on the religions. you definitely couldn't do it with Abrahamic religions though. worshipping several gods being banned is pretty damn central to them

"It's just a metaphor bro"
"BRO STOP HITTING ME IT'S JUST A METAPHOR"

t. Christian YouTube prankster

>you definitely couldn't do it with Abrahamic religions

But they all worship the same god?

Seems like it would be easy to game the system between the three of them.

>But they all worship the same god?

Christians are still not sure Islam's Allah is the same as their God, despite the exhortations of certain ecumenical thinkers.

Meanwhile, Christians believe that Jesus fulfilled the Old Law, and therefore Judaism is a defunct religion.

asian religions are less dogmatic and book-based, so syncretizing them usually works well enough

zen for example is literally buddhism seen through a taoist lens

>Christians are still not sure Islam's Allah is the same as their God, despite the exhortations of certain ecumenical thinkers.
Well, the Christian god is the same as the Jewish god, and the Islamic god is supposed to be canonically the same as the Jewish god. They probably derived from different Canaanite and/or other deities, sure, but they're supposed to be all "the god of Abraham" and thus technically should be canonically the same.

>Meanwhile, Christians believe that Jesus fulfilled the Old Law, and therefore Judaism is a defunct religion.
Christians also believe that simply believing in and accepting Christ is enough to get into heaven (depending on denomination, of course, but generally that's the case) and simply honoring the covenant should be enough to be following Judaism, so a person who believes in Christ and keeps it kosher etc. could be considered part of either or both Judaism and Christianity.

How do you also get in Islam? Islam flat out rejects Jesus being God

Yeah, that one's the snag. However, you can always just create some schism and start your own sect of Islam which declares that you may consider Jesus to be God and the Trinity to be a thing, though that's kind of cheating since you can make a sect of anything with whatever rules you want as long as the most basic ones are similar enough to what other sects have that it can still be considered a part of the larger religious group.

Most historic religions were polytheist and ancient peoples probably regarded other cultures' pantheons as just as real as their own, just not worth worshiping except in the cases where they got appropriated into their own practices. One does wonder how they sorted out differing creation myths, but I'm not sure whether they even bothered asking each other about that kind of thing all the time.

Probably some pre-nicene creed sect of Christianity before someone decided that their version of Christianity was the better one and tried to unify it.

>Most historic religions were polytheist and ancient peoples probably regarded other cultures' pantheons as just as real as their own, just not worth worshiping except in the cases where they got appropriated into their own practices.

Including, it's interesting to note, proto-Judaism. Only later did they declare all gods but Yahweh to be false.

But the core belief of Christianity is that Jesus, the man, was literally God. A Jew would say that holding this belief is directly contradicting the first commandment.

Modern Judaism is simply "the Rabbinite heresy." It's the same religion, just grossly heretical.

care to elaborate a bit?

You don't even need to follow a religion to win Pascal's wager: let's say that my posting on a Hongkongese paint-drying forum has a non-zero probability (p) of leading me to believe in God, since the payoff associated with believing in God is infinity, my payoff is p*infinity=infinity. In fact, I can do anything and still be on the winning side of Pascal's wager--we're all gonna be okay.

Actually it says 'no other gods before me '
So not an outright ban.

So what religion branches from Muslim/islam if Buddhism comes from Hinduism and chistianity from judaeoism

I can't even follow one because of all the bullshit and faggotry that go with it.

Hermetisism and Sikhism both claim that the way of worship does not matter, but the fact that you worship, so you could combine both with another religion

The revelation of Quran confirms that Jews or christian or followers of other religion have favor of God according to the truth of their knowledge and understanding: ''Surely,those who believe,the Christians, and the converts; anyone who believes in God, and believes in the Last Day, and leads a righteous life, will receive their recompense from their Lord. They have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve.[2:62]

You can't outplay Pascal's wager because there are an infinite number of possible gods
I'm banking on skeptic heaven personally

I mean, there are several kinds of Judaism. How can you call all of them heretical?

>all religions provide equally viable spiritual practices for reaching the One True Universal God
There

1.) Your pic is bullshit. For linguistic and historical reasons.
2.) Religion is an ambiguous term and often conflated with philosophical and spiritual belief. Some allow for exploration, others do not. Since religions can be created infinitely, then the answer is infinite.

Sufism Reoriented, Universal Sufism and the Druze.

Eh. Santaria, Voodoo, and arguably robust Saint-based Roman catholicism are all mixed religions. Even Protestantism takes on a bunch of pagan junk. Syncreticism is eternal.

Also, prior to eternal anglo attempts to divide and conquer the subcontinent, there were groups of people in Bengal, Punjab, etc. who idenitified as both Hindu and Muslim and incorporated the beliefs of both into their beliefs. That's not even getting into the modern Bahaii faith.

In short, the answer is of course yes because many people do and have done it. You should now delete this thread. If you don't, you have been proven a troll and no one should respond anymore.

Most are fairly exclusive, and many are mutually exclusive.

If you're trying to play Pascal's wager, it's lose-lose. There is no win. Just knowing there is a God is nothing; the devil does that.

>what is the trinity
baka desu senpai.

Jews don't think that Christians follow the same god as them but believe that Muslims do.

Christians think Jews are following the same God but think that Islam was started by a false prophet.

Muslims think that everyone is following the same god but their way of practicing is wrong.

>Satanist image
>Utilizes Christian symbols (St. Peter's cross and pentagram)
Fucking retards

Completely incorrect at all points.

Unless it's true.

>Implying Constantine knew anything about Hindu Devas
>Implying the Roman wouldn't use the Roman Dii Consentes and would instead use the Greek one
>Implying the guy who legalized Christianity as official Roman religion didn't do so because he made Sol, the Roman version of Helios, his patron deity and won some battles after he saw a Chi Rho in the sun and preportedly heard a voice saying "in hoc signo vinces" and as a syncretic sort thought this was the work of Sol through this "Christian" cult thing bumbling around among he plebeian dregs

Religion is just artificial symbolic dissemination of a higher idea. Live with love and peace and it really doesn't matter what religion you follow.

>inverted cross
>pentagram
>a sign of perfect fidelity and humilty before Christ
>a sign of the 5 Holy Wounds of Christ
>LOL IM A DEBIL WERSHUPPER!

>They probably derived from different Canaanite and/or other deities
Both of them directly inherited it from the Jewish YHWH, way after everything was settled.

>You dick has a moral capacity!?
I can be certain, at one point, 2 philosophers debated this thing.

>Ignoring the pentagram as a mathematical construct
>Being super spiritual when the gnostics already showed you how to do religion right

>implying a 5-pointed star can't represent anything containing 5 of something
>5 Wounds, 5 Elements, 5 Magic Sentai Siblings etc
>implying Gnostic heresies are anything but a theological version of the edgy college sophomore going "BUT REAL COMMUNISM WAS NEVER REALLY TRIED MAN!

The fact that the pic didn't use the actual Satan's cross already tips off that that's b8, right, m8s?

>Satans cross

Why would he want to associate AT ALL with the tool of his absolute defeat?

In his own words Levay said that some people need images and symbols in order to feel comfortable with an ideaology.

He understood Satan as a metaphor for the ideal human but also carved out a path to understand him as a divine creature if that was the only way you could digest the metaphors.

He also literally had a background in the carnival so he knew how to get attention through shock and awe, which he succeeded at amazingly well. In reality his movement had very few real followers but millions that watched it for the showman-ship.

It depends on the religion, but following two religions are far easier with pagan, polytheism.

You don't have to "follow" anything.
You could just read their texts and pick and choose what works for you. It's called religious pluralism.

>that pic
>there are people stupid enough to believe it

Jews say they can enter and worship Islam if they force them. But Christianity isn't allowed. Dunno for the reason.

>OP's pic
What the fuck did I just see?

Jeremiah 8:8 How can you say, We are wise, and the law of God is with us? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes has made it into a lie.
1 John 5:19 We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.
Matthew 10:21 Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death.
John 8:44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
2 Thessalonians 2:4 who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God.
Matthew 5:44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you

So in short: The bible says it has been manipulated, that we live surrounded by demons even among our families, that there is an antichrist who will take the place of God in His temple (where is jesus placed in churches? and what claim is made of Jesus? Isn't he called god?) And what does Jesus say? Let's have a closer look at a few examples:
1. Love your enemies whom I told you are demons.
2. Sell all you have and give it to those arround you that are poor (punished demons).
3. Let yourself be smacked and give the other cheek (be defenseless against demons).
Doesn't sound holy at all.
Also loving your enemies sounds antinatural as fuck: Would your body respond to your desire to love a guy that's being torturing you for 50 straight years day and night in horrifying ways, cutting parts of your body with great delight and mocking you while promising you that you would die of old age suffering this and showing you with supernatural powers that this will continue after you die? No, you cannot love such a thing, you don't feel it, you claim it and it is a lie.

I'll explain what happened to me.

>2008
>See supernatural things
>Start looking for God and investigating things
>Start with weird eastern religions
>Things go horribly for me
>I am tortured, locked up, hated, miserable, in pain, demonized, receiving no help, shit goes horrible for me
>2010
>move to christianity the "book" way
>Initially things get a bit better but shit starts getting suspicious and I start getting fucked over again
>Oh it is a test (and nobody helped me with the demonization)
>Start reading up and investigating
>See the contradictions
>Try new things, variations, check what I'm doing wrong
>progressively worse the more I seem to be doing things by the book
>suddenly realize the ruse the moment I pray more to God for help in a very fucked up situation (I even wanted to die of cancer and end it all already)
>Notice this way of how God would be really like
>Put it into practice, my life improves drastically

pastebin.com/1bVCUeeS

Meanwhile since 2008 Spain is going to hell with no return. That's when the crisis started, also the rest of the world isn't going very nicely.
So I'm taking for granted more actual humans are realizing this and wrath is about to come. See how countries lately seem to be infiltrated by enemies of their people? Terrorists and such? Oh wow, what might happen?

>pastebin.com/1bVCUeeS
Interesting read, so you're kinda suggesting to believe in God in one's own way, as in "using your brain and not bowing blindly"? Is that what you're suggesting, to avoid listening to what the clergy is saying?

To be honest, I was somewhat confused a few years ago about Jesus. My parents never forced me and my sis into a religion, they instead chose to let us choose on our own, so my knowledge about religion is still limited, yet when I realized that every christian refers to Jesus as God but their god is actually the father of Jesus...well, I wasn't sure whether to argue with italians about that, as I'm an immigrant to them so I preferred to keep it to myself. Still, this whole deal was always kinda odd. Why call Jesus "God" if his father is the actual "God"? Does that mean they're clueless satanists or polytheists in denial?

>Also, prior to eternal anglo attempts to divide and conquer the subcontinent, there were groups of people in Bengal, Punjab, etc. who idenitified as both Hindu and Muslim and incorporated the beliefs of both into their beliefs.

I think the Ismaili Khojas of India used to identify Allah with Vishnu, and called Ali his avatar into 1900s. Then the Agha Khans started purging the religion of weird shit and drawing it closer to somewhat mainstream Shi'ite faith.

Back on your meds, fat gay loser dude.

No, it's your first glimpse into the Trinity.

God is a hyper-dimensional being; He has more dimensions to Him than we have.

So to us, saying that the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Spirit is God, and that there is only One God, goes against our nature. Goes above what we can understand.

Just as a citizen in Flatland, in 2D world, cannot see a cube as one object but can only see six sides as they are presented to him.

The Trinity is One God; and that one being, God, has manifested Himself to us in three persons. All bound together as one; the Father in the Son as the Son is in the Father; and the Father and Son are One.

It's confusing because it's beyond human comprehension. Just know that from God's perspective, He's very clear that He is one God, and one God only.

I see, now I understand the part about Jesus. Though I'm not sure what you were trying to say with the whole "submit to demons" thing (implying you're the same person I replied to, that is). I basically got that official texts should not be trusted because they're manipulated by demons, but I feel like I'm still missing something.

>Be careful not to allow anyone to captivate you through an empty, deceitful philosophy that is according to human traditions and the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.
Colossians 2:8

So, don't listen to anything that aint Christ. Why do people claim this shit isn't anti-intellectual again? An ideology that actively says "don't listen to shit that aint this" isn't going to encourage honest intellectual rigour.

Would Constantine even know who Krishna was?

You can't outplay Pascal's Wager because you would also have to account for religions that haven't even been made yet. I can sit here all day and come up with possible true gods what you need to do to get on their good side

No. The Christ myth is mostly based on Mitha, which was actually part of Roman religious beliefs.

But the Bible tells us to listen to God. And we know that's good advice because God wrote the Bible.

>don't listen to anything that aint Christ
Correct.

>Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.''
John 14:6

Stale meme.

>God wrote the Bible.
Ha! Yep, Jesus wrote the gospels. I know you are talking about the Holy Spirit but you haven't proved that the writers were writing under divine inspiration

Wow, so you mean that Constantine fused together various different beliefs? It's almost as if Christ is meant to be a fusion of various beliefs and not based on one guy, so you throw in the messiah prophesy stuff and Mithra stuff to fuse Christianity with ideas already within Rome to quiet the dissent that was going on at the time.

Gee whiz, that can't be it. I'll bow down before Christ right now and accept him as my lord and savior, because it must be indisputable fact no matter how many contradictions or fucked up things Jesus said are.

The user you replied to was being ironic.

>All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
2 Timothy 3:16

Open the pic instead of going full retard.

circular logic once again. I knew you were going to quote that or 2nd Peter. also for added irony you are quoting a Pseudo-Pauline letter

I did. And the stuff that's crossed out is all stuff that was necessary for Christ to be the messiah. It's fairly clear that Christ is merely a fusion of the messiah character tacked onto Mithra as a way of assimilating Christianity into Rome and quieting the dissent.

Same way Christians made pagan holidays like Christmas, Easter, etc., into Christian ones that made converting easier. So saying "IT'S NOT EXACTLY THE SAME!" is obviously true, since it had to be a fusion not only of messianic Judaism, but of Roman theology as well. And they bundled it all up in Christ as that hybrid.

>circular logic
The Word became flesh.

What don't you understand?

There is nothing circular.

>But the core belief of Christianity is that Jesus, the man, was literally God.
We could always just bring back Nestorianism.

you mean Logos. remember that it's a platonism meme religion

You wish.

storage.cloversites.com/fcfgroups/documents/Why We Believe 7.pdf

By the power of the Holy Spirit He was born of the Virgin Mary, and became man. For our sake He was crucified under Pontius Pilate, He suffered, died and was buried. On the third day He rose again in fulfillment of the Scriptures. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead and His kingdom will have no end.

This is true. All of it.

He preached for 3 years.

Was eventually betrayed and denied by His own disciples.

Then following His death and resurrection His Gospel was preached as far as India less than 30 years after His death and resurrection.

You know He wasn't ''just a carpenter''.

The Word became flesh.

>But they all worship the same god?
Thats the elephant in the room, but no one wants to accept it or discuss it.

And if that is the case, then which prophet is the correct one? The moses? The jesus? The mohammed?

>buddhism comes from hinduism

Gnostics may be the most annoying people on the internet.

Yeshua Ha'Mashiach

Anyone who believes Moses believes in Jesus, because Moses was talking about Jesus. The three religions hinge on the divinity of Jesus.

To the Christian, we know Jesus is God.
To the Jew, Jesus is not YHWH, just a false messiah.
To the muslim, Jesus is a messiah, but not in the same sense as the Jews mean "messiah", and Jesus is a prophet, but certainly not God. And certainly did not get crucified. And certainly did not die. And certainly did not rise from the dead.

Of course. Buddha hated Hinduism, rejected the authority of the vedas and the caste system, and created his own set of rules to live by.

>The Word became flesh.

You must first prove that. Otherwise, you claim that is true because the bible says so, and claim the bible is right because that is true. This is circular reason, you fucking retard.

Because of you, I now understand why Camus thought faith as an escape from existential concerns to be a sort of intellectual suicide.

I'm not a gnostic. christianity borrows from platonism. that's where the term Logos (translated as Word) comes from

Camus thought everything was a form of suicide.

I'm pretty sure it was just faith and suicide.

>The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! This is he of whom I said, ‘After me comes a man who ranks before me, because he was before me.’ I myself did not know him, but for this purpose I came baptizing with water, that he might be revealed to Israel.” And John bore witness: “I saw the Spirit descend from heaven like a dove, and it remained on him. I myself did not know him, but he who sent me to baptize with water said to me, ‘He on whom you see the Spirit descend and remain, this is he who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’ And I have seen and have borne witness that this is the Son of God.

John 1:29-34

Ok, so we're at "it's true because the Bible says its true." But now you must prove that the Bible is true.

Or would you just politely admit to being a shitposting cretin?

the mods need to crack down on you only posting Bible verses. it's simply lazy shitposting. if you are going to post a bible verse you need to add some of your own words to place it in context of the post you are replying to. and for fuck's sake this is more circular reasoning

Kill yourself for even saving that fucking insult to history or people with a brain.

The bible proves itself true by telling the future as though it were the past.

Are you unaware of the thousands of failed attacks trying to prove something, anything, in the bible is wrong?

All bible verses come with this disclaimer: "Everything properly in the bible is true. This is properly in the bible. It is therefore true."

Better?

>Everything properly in the bible is true.
citation please. and don't quote the bible saying that the bible is true

You mean like the countless historical details that have been proven false?

The Word became flesh and dwelt among us. What don't you understand?

>if you are going to post a bible verse you need to add some of your own words to place it in context of the post you are replying to
I always do this, pal.

>I always do this, pal.
believe me I've noticed. and you're not my pal, buddy

hi

Not him but see Sure thing friendo.

>The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

And you're back to the other end of the circle. What don't you understand? Find me a single atom of God, a scrap of evidence, anything that isn't Christianity insisting vehemently that it's the truth.

>Not him but see #
>doing exactly what I said not to do

Oh so you're still at the babby ''is God real?'' stage?

Here:
youtube.com/watch?v=IQUsK2eNkfc
youtube.com/watch?v=PYSmV2FlHDw

>The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none who does good. The Lord looks down from heaven on the children of man, to see if there are any who understand, who seek after God.
Psalm 14:1-2

I am curious. What historical things in the bible are false or not entirely accurate? Not looking to argue just wanting to know, friendo