I spend so much time and energy trying to find quiet, comfortable places to read and study...

>I spend so much time and energy trying to find quiet, comfortable places to read and study. Concentrating at home is difficult even without the noisy roommates and neighbors. Every public library nearby is a glorified homeless shelter with terrible hours. Coffee shops are often packed and loud

wat do

did you not get a good reply on reddit earlier?

try a parking lot dipshit, if you dont have a car that should be your first priority

I spent my first two years at university trying to find “the right place” to study. I wasted hours every day and it really adds up

Just sit the fuck down somewhere, put some earplugs in and get to it. Eat a banana, drink a coffee, sip water, and slap yourself every time your mind strays

I have this same problem. Are you sure you've explored every library option? Check google maps. I was shocked to see how many libraries there are in my small city. Most are soulless, some are nice, and one nobody seems to know about or care about (it's a public poetry library) and I'm usually the only person there besides the librarians.
Also lots of university libraries are open to the public, they just don't advertise the fact. They can be comfy (certainly not always)
I refuse to pay what cafes charge for coffee, but sometimes I go to a busy one, and lay claim to the dirty dishes of a customer who's about to leave, so I can sit there indefinitely. The last couple times I poured chocolate milk into their empty coffee cup to make it look like I bought something.

I somehow don't find the noise in coffeshops annoying, even though when my room mate annoys the shit out of me. So, for me it's cofeeshops.

>I lay claim to the dirty dishes of a customer who's about to leave, so I can sit there indefinitely. The last couple times I poured chocolate milk into their empty coffee cup to make it look like I bought something.

This fucking guy

what an autist

Find an instrumental song you can zone out and put it on loop in your headphones.
Read away in your aesthetic spot of choosing

Oh I use
intro - the xx
or
A requiem for the static king - a winged victory for the sullen

This.

Once you conquer the distraction problem, the entire world becomes your personal study space.

Earplugs or noise cancelling headphones (Jazz is my fave to listen to while reading).

Is there a botanical gardens in your city/town?

>music for """concentration"""

Get a membership at your museum. That's where I go to read.

go in the woods or trespass places people don't go.

My List.
1. The Library (but you can't do this, sorry)
2. The woods
3. A park (lay out in the grass)
4. Roofs (really better than you would think)
5. Someone said parking lots (church lots are good)
6. If you can find one a utility tunnel can be ok.
You really need to find a place of your own.

Make a hole in the wall and hide inside

>public library glorified with homeless bums

oh lawd, you live around the city or in a shithole county?

you sick fuck, leave my shit alone and stop following me

go to the cemetery

i feel you man. being there and not knowing what to do can drive you crazy.

pic related is all you need. with it i can be anywhere and read or sleep as in the top of a mountain all by myself.

How do cemeteries even work

Can you really just go there and hang out as long as you want like its basically just a park but with dead people underneath it?

I have the same problem. I absolutely can not read during the day since there's too much shit going on to distract me and trains whizzing by at every moment this is why I wait for night so I can actually have some peace.

go hiking an dbring book

Kek, I used to do this all the time when I was 16 -- I'd get dressed up in my black trenchcoat (don't worry, my family was too poor to buy guns) and go sit in the graveyard to write moody poetry.
Fuck, wish I still had that notebook; it must have been hilarious.

Man, I hear you. One of the reasons I'm moving out. Every time I tell my room mate I'm going to read for an evening or go to the gym, instead of smoke weed or play video games, there's this undercurrent of like poorly veiled resentment to his responses. It's not my fault you're content to not better yourself, dude.

kek

Not for concentration you cretin to drown out distraction

>Not for concentration
>drown out distraction

You imply I mean
>music increases your concentration
Ceteris parabus I wouldn’t recommend music when reading, but in a busy coffee shop where stupid girls are cackling and the panini timer is going off periodically, something soft and instrumental isn’t a bad alternative.