ITT - the worst book you ever finished

ITT - the worst book you ever finished

Most recent Palahniuk novels have been absolute garbage. The only one I've liked was Damned and Doomed.

Is it really that bad? Is anything by him good? I was planning to get into him desu

That probably is the worst book I've ever finished. It's not bad; it's just not anything.

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
>Full of autism and fury, signifying nothing
What a fucking waste of paper.

you were able to finish that?

Dull, trite and just intensely uninteresting. He's very profilic and I've only read a bit of his work, but I certainyl would recommend Suspended Sentences (it's short though, so whatever)

The road

as an upcoming writer, i always think about how i would feel if someone here talked about me like that.

i dont think i should get published

Such of a shit ending, almost ruins the whole book which is otherwise good.

I seem to be the only one on here, and even other websites, that kind of liked The Circle. Feels pleb, man.

preach brothers
this book was awful
which is surprising cause his earlier works were not nearly this bad

It's really sad desu, because he wrote a couple bangers back in the day. I just wish he gets back on his horse, stops being such an edgelord, and tries to write something like Rant or Choke again.

Ready Player One

>choke
Only seen the film, loved it. How do they compare?

I was told it was relevant for my 3rd year “management in the 21st century” module. He referenced 1 quote.

I think you like what you like. I just found the books moral to he ham fisted, the ending to be a cop out, the whole thing to be unrealistic, and the sex scene just made me uncomfortable to think of some 42 yr old dude writing about a girl

Atlas shrugged

Absolute trash the only reason to read it is to understand precisely how dumb are the people that buy into that ideology.

If you're okay taking my word that they're total ritards, then save yourself 1300 pages

Everything about that book screams pretentiousness.

only bookclub housewives seem to read him

Had to read for class. While the idea with it could be interesting, the book is terribly written, very overexaggerated, and some of the stuff that happens is completely pulled out of thin air with no representation in real life

This. After reading the reviews I thought this book was going to be incredible. Instead it's basically just a list, literally list after list of things that existed in the 80s. I am disgusted by this book.

This
Boring, slow and uneventful
The whole book was sluggish of course that’s the point of the book but still shit

Agreed. Overrated to hell

read that as 'nectar in a steve'

Just absolute garbage

sodomites are on a clock

A lot of Stephen King novels and I have to add one too:
Cell was complete garbage even if it was more than 10 years ago I still remember being upset about it.

But recently I read Perdido Street Station and since the memory of this is fresher I have to go with this.
It gets top reviews everywhere and is recommended on a lot of Veeky Forums charts about fantasy.
But its an absolute drag to read through, way too long and the plot just stops giving a fuck.
The characters are horrible and in the end just dissolve like the last few hundred pages didn't happen.

A book written by a man who thinks he is very clever and wants you to know how clever he thinks he is. Miserably glib and self-satisfied from page one, it only gets worse as it goes on through its string of half-baked first person narrators, the composer character being particularly bad. And by the end of it, nothing of value has been said. Complete rubbish.

It was indeed insufferably smug. I cannot even admire it for being "ambitious". Joyce and Tolkien and Pynchon were ambitious - but they actually knew how to write. David Mitchell is nothing special in terms of distinctiveness of style. I think the book's popularity is simply another case of - "hmm, better praise this or they may think I'm stupid."

Scepticism Inc.

Interesting premise (a bookmaker takes bets on religion i.e £100 Jesus will return in 2018) probably works better as a short story. Ends up becoming tiresome, boring and an absolute drag to finish

Ended up thinking it was 1/10

Probably this

How on Earth this is a best seller, I'll never be able to understand

A girl I wanted to bang recommended it. Book was so shit I couldn't resist trashing it. Did not bang her.

Children

And then I proceeded to read Diary and Survivor. Worst mistake of my adolescence. Will never touch anything of his ever again. I read these eight years ago, and I am still pissed off.

Also, Stranger in a Strange Land was absolute trash as well. Can’t believe I finished it.

Probably the second Kingkiller Chronicle book, the Old Man's Dick, or whatever the fuck it was called.

American Gods by Neil Gaiman.

Worst film I've finished since Chinatown

it wasn't that bad. I read this book 2 years ago after my brother had it as an assigned reading for academic decathlon

I liked this one myself, but if you think this was bad, you'd never finish Snuff

Came here to post this. I can’t believe people claim this shit to be good. What a pile of shit. Will never touch another King.

The Circle is really good.

You're limiting your enjoyment and intellectual boundaries if you take all science fiction as an attempt at prophecy, rather than as an exploration of an interesting scenario.

Chinatown is amazing you pleb

Surprised to see this, even with all the King hate on this board. A lot of people consider The Stand to be his best.

>the sex scene just made me uncomfortable to think of some 42 yr old dude writing about a girl
I don't remember it that well, but what girl? Did you mean the main character (Meg or whoever)? I found a lot of the book cringe, but I don't understand why a forty-year old writing about a twenty-something have sex would creep you out.