Mods

Why'd you delete my Undertale thread?
I was attempting to discuss and examine its standing/validity as a good example of New Sincerity.
No one was trolling, or posting images that were in violation of board rules.
Given your apparent lack of knowledge regarding artistic movements, I have included the following links for your personal betterment and edification.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Sincerity
jsomers.net/DFW_TV.pdf
knowyourmeme.com/memes/he-does-it-for-free

Undertale isn't literature though, retard.

>New sincerity
The past two centuries were a mistake

stop trying to force a literature movement

no one gives a shit about anything hedonism runs rampant. we are 10 years from collapsing back into huts and spear fishing

Your argument is the same as saying Veeky Forums should be used for the discussion of paintings because there was a modernist movement painting. Just because there was a New Sincerity movement in literature doesn't make it valid to discuss New Sincerity in relation to non-Veeky Forums topics. You do realize art movements aren't by confined to one medium?

Can't wait! Anyway it will more likely be sprawling slums and reheating chicken from the KFC dumpster.

>metanarratives
>sincere

>literary analysis cannot be applied to an arguable frontrunner of a primarily literary movement which makes reference to, is influenced by, and interacts with literary works and themes, and of which large portions could be made into literary format without significant loss of artistic fidelity.

I'm just trying to tie you up intellectually so the lack of energy expenditure towards becoming healthy impacts your ability to be aware of your surroundings in the coming apocalypse, after which I will sneak up from behind you and hit you in the head with a rock and steal your supplies and printed DFW memes.

If I thought the painting in question conveyed significantly complex and artistically valid information best understood in literary complex, then yes.
Moreover, this board does frequently discuss other forms of art in this way, and even less complex discussions i.e. are permitted.

*best understood in a literary context

I blame an imbalance of humors

absolutely undertale is only sincere on the surface. while it plays with themes such as "friendship and vulnerability is important", it does so under a smug self-awareness that it already knows those things already. the game is a solitary experience in which you're sitting there, alone, preaching those values into the thin air.

you're not believing in the power of friendship with undertale, you're scolding the outside world for not behaving as a better friend to you. when you elect to save a monster instead of killing it, you do so thinking "all of those guys are killing monsters, but me, i'm different (i was always different), i'll befriend you. if only other people were as good of friends as i am"

shit is the exact opposite of sincere. there is no market for sincerity, if anything we are in the New Fake Sincerity era, in which people are faking being sincere with no self awareness whatsoever

wtf is undertale

This is exactly what I want Veeky Forums to be. Intellectual discussion of pop culture including philosophy. Why can't that be a thing?

undertale is gay
you're a fag

because that's not what it is
if you want to discuss things like that go to /tv/ or /co/ or /v/ or Veeky Forums or /pol/ or any of the other massively brainlet-infested shitholes on this website

I still love how the enemies from Undertale reflect the exact types of people you encounter everyday on Veeky Forums. People who come to this website do so to talk to others but in the process they put on a hardened mask to fit into the culture. I don't care how many insults people throw others' ways, you're all pussycats underneath. The game lacks depth but it seems to resoundingly 'get' this type of Internet sub-culture (for lack of a better phrase).

>the game has these qualities because I have assigned them to it

That's a terrible piece of advice

>this book has these qualities because I have assigned them to it

What's the difference?

Because if it isn't about Jordan Peterson or John Green, the mods don't want it on this board.

no this is my examination of how other people interpreted it. i fell for the pink pussy too, played it and was like "Wow that was great im jazzed on fucking friendship." then i looked around at other people and became really depressed at how much of a shallow husk i am

DFW is garbage. The only thing sad about his suicide is that it didn't happen before he started writing. He's a fucking hack, always rehashing the same shitty feel-good gimmick. You should be ashamed for liking anything written by him. He never had talent, never had genius, and he killed himself because he knew it and he realized he was not going to be able to trick people into thinking he was any good. His works are written for angsty white kids from the suburbs who think their parents didn't love them enough, and even for this mediocre audience, he should still appear as what he always was : devoid of any talent.

>the pink pussy

yo man what

for the temptation, you know, the indulgence. the mental indulgence

I thought you talking about the cat

But then you don't believe that one could feel sincerely different about being kind to others after playing the game?

THIS THIS THIS
I want to go back...

A much better game about friendship is the visual novel Little Busters.

>still didn't disprove that "Undertale isn't literature"
Where you did you learn your rhetoric skills? Tumblr?

>reeeeddit

ouch, I don't go to reddit..

you could use this as some kinda theoretical scripture to reinforce your desire to be kinder because it will make you mentally feel superior about how kind you are, and you will want to live up to your own expectations for yourself

it doesn't suddenly become New Sincere though. it's full of the same cynicism, irony. it's possible if we get more of this fake trash guilting us into caring, we might actually one day give a fuck

So now I wonder, have I been arguing with the mod who was apparently butthurt enough to ban me for the first thread after this one got some replies?

ha enjoy your ban evasion ban u useless bum

I don't think moot would've allowed people of such low character to have such middling power.
But hey, you get what you pay for.

Working around bans is trivially easy

>This is exactly what I want Veeky Forums to be. Intellectual discussion of pop culture
holy fuck i can't imagine a worse fate

I hope people aren't confusing you for me, the illustrious and well read OP.

Because discussing art goes on Veeky Forums and videogames on /v/.

A casual perusal of the shitposting in this board would indicate otherwise