Leave this board and never return if any one of these apply to you:

Leave this board and never return if any one of these apply to you:

>you read any form of genre fiction
>you barely know your classics
>you tend to believe that if you like a given work, it is justified on an artistic level
>you think everyone's opinion should be accepted and respected
>you speak a single language
>you read contemporary versions of Shakespeare or Milton
>you read for the plot
>you read for entertainment
>you rarely read nonfiction
>you don't have a solid grounding in philosophy
>you don't have at least have some understanding of the Three Tragedians and Homer
>you have little to no understanding of literature outside of your cultural horizon
>you have little to no understanding of literature within your own cultural horizon
>you mostly read contemporary literature
>you believe 'the author is dead'
>you make your literary analysis proceed from ideology
>you think intricate prose is 'pretentious' and that the author 'should just get to the point'
>your rarely read poetry
>you think Rhythm and Rhyme is just useless rules and laws restricting creativity
>you have a hard time explaining why you like a given work
>you have a hard time forming structured and relevant literary criticism
>you tend to refuse to judge works for yourself, rather relying on the opinions of literary authorities
>you rarely read for more than one or two hours straight

you're a sad creature who needs to take a break from this board.

>>you read any form of genre fiction
nah
>you barely know your classics
define "classics"
>you tend to believe that if you like a given work, it is justified on an artistic level
it's justified on my artistic level
>you think everyone's opinion should be accepted and respected
not accepted but respected
does a little italian count
>you read contemporary versions of Shakespeare or Milton
who does this
>you read for the plot
one of the reasons
one of the reasons
>you don't have a solid grounding in philosophy
define "grounding"
sometimes
>you don't have at least have some understanding of the Three Tragedians and Homer
read them
>you have little to no understanding of literature outside of your cultural horizon
what is a cultural horizon
>you have little to no understanding of literature within your own cultural horizon
" "
>you mostly read contemporary literature
i read contemporary and non contemporary
did you revive him?
>you make your literary analysis proceed from ideology
nah
>you think intricate prose is 'pretentious' and that the author 'should just get to the point'
nah
>your rarely read poetry
sometimes
>you think Rhythm and Rhyme is just useless rules and laws restricting creativity
it is sometimes
>you have a hard time explaining why you like a given work
nah
>you have a hard time forming structured and relevant literary criticism
nah
>you tend to refuse to judge works for yourself, rather relying on the opinions of literary authorities
sometimes, but i dont "refuse"
>you rarely read for more than one or two hours straight
nah

t. newfags

missed this pasta

Thanks for the daily dosis of Novalis pasta

kys yourself you dumb fucking widlebeest

ive been here way longer than you

If you only speak your native language plus english, then you should go as well.

>Counts English as a language

no you haven't

english, german, french, latin, greek here

English, Spanish, Mandarin
>muh utility

based elitist poster

I haven't read a book since high school and you can't stop me from shit-posting!

i don’t have the time to read for more than 2 hours, i don’t care about other languages, shakespeare and marlowe are trash for faggots, i’ve read the tragedians infinitely superior to the aforementioned, i would never under any circumstances crib an opinion from a literary critic, prose is only useful if plot underpins it, if you don’t have a primary interest in philosophy that goes before lit you’re subhuman and should be liquidated with extreme prejudice as should your family and children, if you don’t read poetry or think rhyme and rhythm have no merit you should be shot, 99.99% of humans and also posters on this board aren’t worthy of being literate, i only judge works for myself, you left out other things: if you’re not an agnostic you’re a fucking feeb and you need to be killed, if you’re a materialist or a hard idealist you shouldn’t draw another breath, if you read women or blacks for fun you should die, if you read any HS lit as an adult outside of intense study of specific texts like Catcher or 1984 you should die, if you say desu or desu or senpai or any other anal butt monkey slave words you should be killed, if you like boyish women you should be killed, if you are gay you should die of AIDS quickly please, if you’re a non-white redditor you should die, if you’re a virulent anti-Semite beyond respectable disdain for Jewry you should be gassed to death, if you are a Fascist or communist you should be killed, if you’re a liberal or ancap you should be killed, if you are at all affiliated with political or religious institutes even if only in solidarity you should be killed, if you voted for trump or hrc you should be ashamed of yours and kys, if you contribute to the GDP gleefully you should be killed, if you’re a post-humanist you should be killed, if you deny climate change you should be killed

that’s it

Learning anything over than your native language and/or English is a colossal waste of time.

Leave this board as this applies to you.
>Being a faggot

?

>Veeky Forums becomes a desert

>over than

Reading Novalis rn. Very nice stuff.

Doing God's work as usual, user.

Haha unbelievable levels of faggotry, I'd bet anything that you're a yank

>you read for the plot

unironically me

9/23, what do I win?

>widlebeest

t. brainless, uncreative, unattractive idiot who needs a quick comeback

>you'll never get to puch this faggot irl
Feels bad

Why would a little Italian count only speak one language? Surely he'd know french too.

Lol, what a dumb list. Does anyone really take this pasta serious?
>Look at me with my important opinions about lit.

>>you tend to refuse to judge works for yourself, rather relying on the opinions of literary authorities
>>you read any form of genre fiction
are these not contradictory, you would have to read some genre fiction to disregard it.
also
>you make pol posts
>you make book charts
>you use discord
and
>you bump shit threads

You forgot one:
>You aren't a virgin

>>you think intricate prose is 'pretentious' and that the author 'should just get to the point'
*glances around nervously*
h-haha, who would ever think something like that
not us, right lads?