Which hip-hop artists would Socrates listen to? I think he would like old school rappers like Notorious B.I.G...

Which hip-hop artists would Socrates listen to? I think he would like old school rappers like Notorious B.I.G. but I get the vibe he wouldn't like Kendrick.

Rap is trash tailor made for retarded wiggers.

I think his taste in rap would be a little more patrish than that top 40 shit

Diogenes would prolly listen to 6ix9ine on his phone speakers in public but without enjoying it.

A Tribe Called Quest, Vince Staples

he didn’t really like poets

He wouldnt speak English and would most likely be fucking disgusted at that monkey music

Despite the fact that he was black?

Oh yes, everyone was black. Everyone who existed was black.
Except the slaves. Who werent your actual ancestors.

Stupid fucking nigger

Chill out man he was just poking fun.

For some reason I imagine him like MF DOOM even without knowing the language but hey probably not.

100% european d.n.a actually R-L48 haplogroup, but still.

>defies all conventions
>is a meme machine
of course Death Grips you simps.

hol' up

Lol

I hate Death Grips. I immediately lose respect for anyone who listens to them, and especially those who praise them. Here's why:
Name 20 successful people that listen to them. Pop basically runs the show when it comes to music. This includes artists like Kanye West, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Zayn Malik, Adele, Katy Perry, Beyonce et al. Pop has artists making significant contributions to the entire music industry.
Death Grips on the other hand pulls most of the heavy weight packaging from teenage angst with each album. They then lay basic synths and a joke of a rapper over it. It generally lags behind pop by a mile or two in inventiveness. I never hear their music in shops or mentioned by anyone over the age of 25.
So tell me again, how exactly do Death Grips innovate? They even struggle to release a new theme with each release, and artwork is about the only original thing with Death Grips.
Yes, Death Grips is stable because they are standing on the shoulders of socially awkward teenagers. Most of the hard work is hashed out before they ever start making "music". This is fine, and what music is all about, but I prefer to be in with the leaders rather than the followers.
What really irks me and what has really brewed my hatred are Death Grips fans. They seem to think Death Grips is responsible for all that is good in the music world. I have just proven how false this is. In my experience, Death Grips fans (virgins, teenagers, and manchildren) are much less helpful than the alternative.
If you want nice pop, listen to Bruno Mars or Taylor Swift. If you like rock, Tame Impala. If you prefer, Drake or Kendrick Lamar. But please, don't feed the idiot magnet that is Death Grips!

Drake is love.

Everyone WAS black up till around 400 AD. How fucking dumb can you be? Go back to /pol/

SO YOU BE SAYIN

I had them in my gym playlist for a while. They’re not anything I’d respect

GZA
Nas - Illmatic
Gravediggaz - Niggamortis

Socrates didn’t not like poetry. You misunderstood him. He died writing poetry because it is a bridge to the divine. Rap would have definitely been his ballgame
The Underachievers
Chester Watson
nocando
Injury Reserve
Allen Kingdom
Homeboy Sandman
billy woods
Swet Shop Boys
Kevin Abstract
Rapsody
Quelle Chris
Your Old Droog