He takes 3 minutes per page

>he takes 3 minutes per page

>life as an attractive person

I was very cute in my teens and had tons of women attention yet was bullied all the time by guys for looking too feminine and had plots against me from my friends because they were too jealous.

I'm an attractive person. Honestly it's not what you would expect its way better

But it's Heidegger

>he values reading speed above reading comprehension, or is too stupid to realize that he does

Same but replace women with older men

>this girl exists

>he wasn't born attractive

Lol, literally the easiest thing to do and you messed up

It's really disgusting. After my baby face turned into a "square jaw" and "sculpted chin" people started to be nice to me. If you're short and balding I can't imagine anyone liking you at all.

>he doesn't let his mind wander while carefully considering each new idea

>implying
op was saying that if it takes you more than three minutes to comprehend a page you're retarded and should be sent to fat camp even if you're not fat because you have a fat man's brain

no bully
I need to reread sentences constantly

haha this made me laugh

>tfw non-white and ugly
I come to Veeky Forums to escape these fucking feels, shut the fuck up.

I don't blame them. It's much easier to like a person when their quality is apparent. It's only a matter of the path of least resistance, and people aren't biologically inclined to spend energy on others who has nothing to offer genetically.
FACE YOUR DOOM. HAHAHAHAHA

>It's much easier to like a person when their quality is apparent
Yeah, I'm definitely guilty of this myself. Pretty girls are my favorite company even if they're good for nothing else. How can we think of ourselves as more than self-serving and superficial or is that only necessary once you're a parent?

I usually read at a rate of 6-15 pages an hour

I read moby-dick at a rate of 6-12 pages an hour
I read blood meridian 8-11 pages
I read rutherfords quixote 15 pages
I read a tale of two cities 6-10 pages
I read questions that matter 4-5 pages
I read heart of darkness 6-15 pages
I read lotr 15-18 pages
I read art of fiction 6 pages
I read botns 10-15 pages
I read lattimores iliad 8-12 pages
I read the confidence man 6-12 pages

english is my first language, I've been reading most of my life and I'm 21 years young
in the past year I've read for 6-10 hours a day

I don't waste my time counting because I don't have to. I just don't give a shit. I read for my own pleasure and purpose now.

>hfw you try to justify the fact that you're a brainlet

> (You)
>justify the fact that you're a brainlet
quite the opposite actually

ITT people who think they're doing it right by not reading at this pace

It's not about the speed but the technique

depends on the size of the pages and the subject, fuck op

WPM is all that matters. And it varies by subject

>had plots against me from my friends because they were too jealous.

wew lad

Fast readers almost always have better comprehension

>all these posters are extra salty because op is making it seem like a cute girl is laughing at them

>vain sociopaths discuss how evil they are in private from the safety of anonymous image board
>would not want these things being broadcast to their associates

Is this the girl who was interviewed saying there were multiple shooters at Stoneman Douglas HS?

These threads will be the death of Veeky Forums
/tv/-posting

>>vain sociopaths
Everyone is like this, we're just being honest. Go to any party and observe who is attracted to who and for what reasons.

>Pretty girls are my favorite company even if they're good for nothing else.
violates the categorical imperative

>go to a party
why can't I just go somewhere else, where there are little or no people? what about people with small networks based on ties of trust and love? if the thing you speak of only shows up in large crowds of intoxicated status seekers perhaps its not universal but emergent? have you tried refuting your own ethical views?
vain sociopathic veiled pedophilia stemming from highschool socio-sexual dynamics is the crux of all Veeky Forums posting and Social Media posting. the libido of the virgin and the 16 year old whore dominate all human discourse online had by under 35's and this can never be disputed

No this is the livestream of Trump meeting Kim Jong Un

Does it though?

>why can't I just go somewhere else
You could, but these features are most explicit when you add a little alcohol and the purpose of the situation is to find the people you're most attracted to.

> what about people with small networks based on ties of trust and love?
Like a family? Parents pay closest attention to the children they like the most. The criteria for this is dependent on particularities of a given parent and child, but it's ultimately a matter of attraction based on subconscious signaling.

>if the thing you speak of only shows up in large crowds of intoxicated status seekers perhaps its not universal but emergent?
It's latent in all other situations, it's just most visible at a party.

>have you tried refuting your own ethical views?
ya

She looks like a pretty average 13 year old dude

Well of course it takes me longer. If a book is easy to read it's not worth reading.

>average

haha

>16 year old whore
god l wish that were me

>You could, but these features are most explicit when you add a little alcohol and the purpose of the situation is to find the people you're most attracted to.
yes but if the people I'm with don't drink or have high conscientiousness and low libidinous behavioral patterns this is probably not the case anymore. You're also conflating attracted to, with fucking with good with worthwhile.
>Like a family? Parents pay closest attention to the children they like the most. The criteria for this is dependent on particularities of a given parent and child, but it's ultimately a matter of attraction based on subconscious signaling.
Like friends, lovers, associates, neighbors, children, siblings, parents. Why does anyone associate with anyone besides attraction? There are certainly ties based on interest, based on trust, based on innate appreciation, intelligence, utility, fear, even just duty.
>It's latent in all other situations, it's just most visible at a party.
I don't necessarily think this is true. You could argue that love is latent in all other situations and is more visible at the birth of a child, another particular instance of a somewhat rare phenomena. I don't think that's very honest, but its the same logic you're using. What exactly is it that you're arguing?

From what I saw: attractive people are treated better (which may or may not be true in all cases, I don't think an attractive person in prison has a better time than a plain one, especially if the attractive one is very gracile but beautiful), they are better people (this seems pretty flimsy to me, you'd need to define better and also argue how looks mean quality beyond fertility and robust health, if that's all you mean by better then how do we talk about character, intelligence, physical strenght, will, wit etc are they not subject to qualitative judgements?), so all interactions are based on attractiveness and its sensible to only treat the attractive with respect and to denigrate, ignore and destroy the unattractive (my own interpolation, hence sociopathy was diagnosed).
>ya
hmm I don't think so because I'm saying things you haven't said and that don't seem to have come up in your arguments

Yeah I'm sticking by that statement, there's tons of young girls who look exactly like her. Early developed girls tend to look more alike
Reminds me of young Jodie Foster

I had a friend like this and I was jealous of him but never plotted against him. He married some cunt that didn't let him have friends.

>vain sociopathic veiled pedophilia stemming from highschool socio-sexual dynamics is the crux of all Veeky Forums posting and Social Media posting. the libido of the virgin and the 16 year old whore dominate all human discourse online had by under 35's and this can never be disputed

almost vomited watching

I don't even understand why this video makes me so angry.

god l wish l was her t bh

lost the trips to an ugly retard who got annihilated by pseuds and geniuses alike
probably the same reason you would if someone walked through a pen full of puppies and dumped acid on all of them

>probably the same reason you would if someone walked through a pen full of puppies and dumped acid on all of them

This, an attractive women turning herself into a ruined whore. Not a pleasant sight

>ruined whore.
god I wish that were me

Its interesting too, I don't feel the same disgust when I see a handsome man taking a beautiful women to bed, and if I sense some intimacy and maybe even love underneath I feel good about the whole thing. My envy subsides and I feel a sense of world-love, appreciation that this kind of thing can exist. Something biological, a substrate of decency seems to be present

Kill yourself

Because there's just no point in life to be living without any consideration of how you're treating yourself and how that affects how people see you and fit you into how they find you meaningful in their world.
It becomes just a fucking Chimp pack doing Chimp shit and I have no love for that

Nice bumhole tbqh

>vain sociopathic veiled pedophilia stemming from highschool socio-sexual dynamics...
Mm, going to disagree user. I wouldn't call myself vain or sociopathic, or a pedophile by any measure. I post on Veeky Forums, daft as it is, to either shitpost because it's funny to derail threads or to learn or give whatever knowledge I might have relevant to a subject/topic.

Although, if learning correlates to my libido or desire to stick willy in underage whore, why are we letting teachers and students be co-ed?

she beats jodie out of the water, no question. sorry you don't see it

You remind me of a roommate I had who was convinced humanity runs exclusively on a dominance hierarchy and sexual attraction.

No such thing as friendship or loyalty, or growth for the sake of growth, no children and parents just caring about one another, no pursuit of happiness, no collaboration for the sake of a larger or greater ideal. Seems like a fucked up belief system stemming from too much Darwinist philosophy mixed with the realization that humans are animals. And a bit too much of Freud's sexual hypotheses.

She just looks very similar to young Jodie Foster. Your assumption that this indicates that early developed girls look alike is false. That is leftist logic

> Seems like a fucked up belief system stemming from too much Darwinist philosophy mixed with the realization that humans are animals.
Pretty accurate

>And a bit too much of Freud's sexual hypotheses.
Not too much

>No such thing as friendship or loyalty, or growth for the sake of growth, no children and parents just caring about one another, no pursuit of happiness, no collaboration for the sake of a larger or greater ideal.
These things exist for sure, but mostly as narratives which color the straightforward, transactional processes of reality. We're on autopilot most of the time, the big gears that move our lives are unconscious, humans are animals.

That's okay though, the real part part of the world is stark, but we live in our heads which filter the barren reality with memories, and emotion, and meaning.

>yes but if the people I'm with don't drink
Then you don't drink, your friends will still sort themselves based on genetically determined dispositions.

>You're also conflating attracted to, with fucking with good with worthwhile.
Attraction is the ability to holds someone's attention and is necessary for all human interaction.

>There are certainly ties based on interest, based on trust, based on innate appreciation, intelligence, utility, fear, even just duty.
All sublimated from some baser desire. Experiencing these emotions is rich and lively, but it's all just light on a screen.

>What exactly is it that you're arguing?
Subconscious signaling dominants our communication and determines the big parts our lives according to information encoded on our genomes.

>attractive people are treated better
This is self-evidently true

>they are better people
They're higher quality in some respects, but not entirely better.

>its sensible to only treat the attractive with respect and to denigrate, ignore and destroy the unattractive
We do this automatically, the sensible thing is to tune your behavior according to this new-found information so as to be more capable of attaining your ambitions.

>I'm saying things you haven't said
You can all always point to a spot on a number line in between two numbers.

underrated

>ADHD and verbal IQ at just 104
>interested mostly in old works of philosophy

what is this

sauce

i don't know many people. But one friend of mine is short and balding, yet he has a beautiful wife and kid. he makes money and is overall in a good mood. this beauty thing is overrated. there are way more qualities which makes a person attractive. for example: style and intelligence and wit.

>Fast readers almost always have better comprehension

citation? proof? study? anything?

>one friend of mine
Yes, the one-off is adequate in buttressing wide claims about humanity. Obviously being clever is part of the socio-sexual ritual of human interaction, but you're getting hung up on the lyrics while I'm talking about the instruments themselves. All of your high brow interactions simply amount to greater complexity in the same base signals: fuck me, kill me, ignore me, bully, fear, driven by libido, fueled by sex appeal. Human behavior is just not impressive any way you cut it, that is without the particular signals which inform a given perception. You take for granted as real, things which we're all just imagining.

Faster reader=smarter person
Smarter person=better comprehension

Do you see just how reductive you have to be to arrive at your pessimistic conclusions? You reduce every part of the human experience in the most vulgar and basic way possible in order to condemn it. Perhaps it is you who should reconsider your thinking on life.

>having little chiclet teeth

>be me
>Attracftive male
>Always had lots of attention from women and men
>too dysfunctional to form normal relationships, both friendly and romantic
>Most of my sex has been through dating apps and alcohol
>30, NEET, complete failure

I'm attractive and fit, but I've been on meds that put 10kg on me and made me chubby and rounded my face

>Men respect you less
>Women don't look at you
>Women don't smile at you
>People generally even do less smalltalk (when bumping in to people, in the store, etc..)

Men might value you as less and this can result in disrespectful behaviour, but women are truly, to their core, shallow creatures. They will not only not flirt or smile, they will genuinely be less polite at the most basic, platonic level. they might even raise an eyebrow if you talk, for no fucking reason, even when the situation doesn't call for any negative reaction. Whereas men are more likely to only bring up their lower respect for you when it calls for it.

>he jadeposts outside of /heem/'s hallowed halls
shameful

>reductive
How complicated is your life, really? You do pretty much the same shit every day which is only 15 hours long and everyone else does more or less the same thing as you. There's the particular complexities of experience playing out from the first person pov, but all of your external behavior is pathetically basic for every second of your existence.

>pessimistic conclusions
What, that we're simple in our behavior? How is that pessimistic? From a bird's eye view all animals look incredibly pathetic and vulnerable, it's how the U.S. has been able to conquest unsuspecting people at a whim. If you see other people as individuals, confused in their own retarded way, then it's easier to get what you want out of every situation.

>You reduce every part of the human experience
No, I'm talking about things outside of human experience. Of course the movie of your life is entertaining and can't be explained, but the hardware it runs can and it's not very impressive.

>most vulgar and basic way possible in order to condemn it
You will think this the first time you have to change a diaper and then you will realize that you need to look at things as they actually are to be practical in your actions.

>Perhaps it is you who should reconsider your thinking on life.
No, I've thought this through far past anything you've touched. If someone posted a really hard takedown of what I've said then I might have a hard think, but that wouldn't be from you.

My experience exactly, though particular disposition varies widely by person.

>They will not only not flirt or smile, they will genuinely be less polite at the most basic, platonic level. they might even raise an eyebrow if you talk, for no fucking reason, even when the situation doesn't call for any negative reaction.
Yeah, this is just determined by emotional responses and unconscious brain activity. It's despicable behavior that is wrong, but let's face it, we're all just looking to be comfortable and anyone who disrupts our sacred state of tranquility is a threat and should be put down with the force of embarrassment. Every human interaction can be explained in simple terms of game theory and signal exchanges.

I also think you're underestimating a man's ability to signal a woman into interest. Girls will like your face more if you move arrange your eyebrows and lips in a more tasteful manner. A smirk and an arching brow display confidence which gets the bitches wet.

Clearly you confuse women attention with being their girlfriend.

2/10 got me to reply

are you me bro???
you're not a failure fren

>Me on the right.

Sometimes I spend 10-20 minutes on a pay thinking about the word structure, syllables, sentence structure, underlying psychological motivations, author's style, defining words I don't understand, and appreciating the typeface.

I'm serious, but I don't do this often...

I would kill a hundred men to see her smile

page*

jesus christ thank GOD I'm not a virgin

>he doesn't read 1000 pages an hour

How do you hope to get through the canon in your lifetime?

>she uses smug greentext to make people insecure, and doesn't specify which direction they should go (taking longer or less long)

r u the name of the wind protag???
pls respon

jealous much?
that clip makes me go fuck ya

I do this, too.
I read Journey to the End of the Night over the span of several months, simply because there was so much going on that it felt wasteful to move forward just to advance the plot.
The more you bring to a book, the more you get out of it.

oh god, it's the "everyone on Veeky Forums is insanely attractive but we're still single because autism :(' meme

this girl is not attractive

dude looks like joseph gordon levitt and channing tatum had a son who has liver failure

Because its crass, smug and unrealistic.

Is this fucking /r9k/ ?
Fuck off

Obviously, they're still her baby teeth

>Go to any party and observe
this your measure of all human interaction?
>Pretty girls are my favorite company
you honestly are just shallow. most people are that way but stop pretending this is universal, you just fall prey to the same weakness as the lowest of human beings.

Also, answer me honestly: are you a teenager?

>No such thing as friendship or loyalty, or growth for the sake of growth, no children and parents just caring about one another, no pursuit of happiness, no collaboration for the sake of a larger or greater ideal. Seems like a fucked up belief system stemming from too much Darwinist philosophy mixed with the realization that humans are animals. And a bit too much of Freud's sexual hypotheses.

And yet, not even wrong

resentment of those more beautiful and fortunate than you

Project more

Attached: 1520218064586.jpg (634x701, 96K)

>Project more
no thanks you already proved my point by posting the fucking unabomber

Oh is that who that is?

Something that bothers me about that kind of egoist position is that its pretty much unfalsifiable. If a person dies to save a friend then its argued that it wasn't selflessness because it was actually, subconsciously, done as a way of improving the family name and improving chances of reproduction for other members (I have actually heard this argued before). If someone gives money to a homeless stranger then it wasn't done out of kindness but it was actually done to improve the giver's feeling of superiority and be more confident in their societal position (heard this before as well). The whole view is basically dogshit but it breeds smugness because its so reductionist that you can never really convince people otherwise.

i hope you're not insulting uncle ted

I don't think you're understanding the theory. The theory is that our empathy evolved because it was usually going to help our genes(either in us or in close family members).

That doesn't mean that our actions are calculating, we really do feel empathy, it's just that it can be a 'misfire' in terms of evolutionary fitness