Well lads, who else got their copy? I can't start on it right away, but I can't wait to get started

Well lads, who else got their copy? I can't start on it right away, but I can't wait to get started.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/78Y5Kep
amazon.com/Berlin-Alexanderplatz-Story-Franz-Biberkopf/dp/080446121X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1520636182&sr=1-1&keywords=berlin alexanderplatz eugene jolas
twitter.com/AnonBabble

very aesthetic pic my friend

Yes my comforter matches quite well with the cover art.

Nyrb covers are pretty kino

Reading group in Discord
discord.gg/78Y5Kep

I want it. Does that count?

How does the translation read, anyway?

It's the only English translation in existence. So you're kind of stuck with it unless you can read German. But of course the translation has high praise.

>It's the only English translation in existence.

My Amazon wish-list says otherwise

Lmaoing at your life

amazon.com/Berlin-Alexanderplatz-Story-Franz-Biberkopf/dp/080446121X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1520636182&sr=1-1&keywords=berlin alexanderplatz eugene jolas

wrong!

>a translation of such a poor quality and so poorly received history has decided to forget it even exists

I don't dispute that. But it's not the only translation

It literally says new translation on the back

It literally says lives in English for the first time on the back.

I think you should sell the book you aren’t going to get it. You seem to have a hard time understanding stuff that is not specifically spelled out for you.

"LIVES in English for the first time", not "in English for the first time". As in, "it has been in English before, but now it LIVES in English."

I can understand how you could misinterpret that so literally, but as these anons try to suggest,
The implication by "now lives in English" is

>you can't understand a book because you didn't know this was the second English translation
Damn, how did you get so intelligent? Was it by putting a fedora, sorry TRILBY, on your head?

>>you can't understand a book because you didn't know this was the second English translation
but that's not what he said

samefag

I've read it in German a few months ago and found it really boring. The characters a stupid and uninteresting, the experimental techniques are not as exciting from today's viewpoint. Everything and everyone is dull and the prose is ugly and there are no insight or benefits gained from reading this, not even any historical value imo.

Das ist ja wohl der Punkt uezs