Vonnegut

Just read this. What else to read by
Vonnegut?

Sirens of Titan
Cat's Cradle

Those are the two other ones.

I've also read Bluebeard, but I dunno if I'd rec it. It was pretty okay.

What is the general consensus on Cat's Cradle?

I liked Breakfast of Champions

It's definitely in my top 3 (of Vonnegut stories not stories in general.)

I enjoyed Breakfast for Champions which, as far as I can recall, is seen as the culmination of his philosophy since it's his last book. Prefered slaughterhouse 5 though.

Nobody here ever talks about Mother Night; it's a good read. His short stories are pretty fun, too.

breakfast of champions is overrated as fuck. mother night is good, also deadeye dick is fine. i remember sirens of titan not being by thing but i hear good reviews on it.

I really like Timequake, but it's a bit dry.

Best Vonnegut novel IMO

breakfast of champions is way too self indulgent for me, wouldn't even put it in his top 5 desu
hocus pocus is great though

it's my favorite novel of all time

read these two for sure
also a good one
nice if you really like Kilgore Trout
Also an excellent one
true to his trashy scifi roots, Timequake had an excellent premise but the execution is garbage

I personally like Galapagos a lot.

if you liked that you would also like The Children's Crusade

Cat’s Cradle, Breakfast of Champions, and Mother Night.

I like "look at the birdie", especially Ed Luby's Key Club.

Why the Sherlock Hound image?

Cat's Cradle is his best work imo. No one ever talks about Slapstick here, but I'd say it's his only other novel that even comes close.

I really love Bluebeard, but it's different than his usual idea. His take on life and the prose is basically the same, but the premise and absence of the sci-fi devices makes it a lot more normal, plus the 50s setting and the focus on the art scene; it's really different.

Read the real V. not this impostor.

All great, but my personal recommendation goes
Cat's Cradle > Sirens of Titan > Slaughterhouse 5 > Mother Night and Breakfast of Champions >>> Galapagos.

I actually don't think Galapagos is great, it's kind of bad.

how has no one made fun of vonnegut for being reddit yet

It's unfortunate that Vonnegut was sucked into the reddit vacuum. There's kino outside of SH5, you'd just never know it unless you cared enough to not be a normie fag and discuss the one Vonnegut book you had to read in high school.

"Mother Night" is quite good. Less off-kilter and zany than something like "Cat's Cradle."

aye

If you're any older than 14, don't bother with literatue. Go buy yourself a gaming pc or a playstation or a toy gun.

Vonnegut is a legitimately good author. Veeky Forums is just contrarian.

Good one

I'm just here reading Player Piano...
If you are interested in Universal Basic Income, automation and their possible outcomes, this is the book for you.