How do we preserve the ivory tower lads? between pop academics, the school of resentment...

how do we preserve the ivory tower lads? between pop academics, the school of resentment, social media attention span and affirmative action what's left of academia is being devoured by the plebs.

t. disillusioned grad student

Attached: kabakov.jpg (1064x681, 155K)

academia was gutted over a century ago when they threw out the classical curriculum and let in like 100 times the number of undergrads that was normal

>how do we preserve the ivory tower lads?
Well, the lads should be in the ivory tower in the first place before they try to preserve it, don't you think?

I also struggle with this idea. Is academia dying?

you’re probably a pleb; most academics since the founding of the major unis during the renaissance and enlightenment have been plebs. the disease of the literati and intelligensia only got worse in the late 19th and early 20th. it only bothers your type now because you’re so insensitive you don’t notice how dilettantish and insipid most study done prior to your era was. Thus you’re a brainlet and shouldn’t complain.

the screeching victim classes will never be satisfied. White revolution is the only solution. Heteronormative revolt now!

>you’re probably a pleb; most academics since the founding of the major unis during the renaissance and enlightenment have been plebs. the disease of the literati and intelligensia only got worse in the late 19th and early 20th. it only bothers your type now because you’re so insensitive you don’t notice how dilettantish and insipid most study done prior to your era was.
Holy shit I think you're the brainlet pleb.
>disliking school of resentment means I want academia to be right wing

>no you
i would consider killing myself if i was so naive as to think the literati of post 1800 didn’t all deserve to be lined up and killed just like you and most of this board. the world has been in decline

academia was never that great.

what you are defending is an implicitly european worldview, based on rationality and the faustian ideal, as such it is considered inherently oppressive and bad, while the worldviews of homosexual queers and nonwhites, resentful, tribal mindsets based solely on victimisation, are considered inherently noble progressive and good. It's what Nietzsche talked about RE: slave morality.

we should start our own university

>i would consider killing myself if i was so naive as to think the literati of post 1800 didn’t all deserve to be lined up and killed just like you and most of this board. the world has been in decline
Don't cut yourself on all those edges dude. I think you need to grow the fuck up or actually read something.

>what you are defending is an implicitly european worldview
Almost every post-1600 text discussed in academia is implicitly European, whether it accepts or rejects the enlightenment project. Including postcolonial theory dribble.
>based on rationality and the faustian ideal
Critical theory and post-modernism are just as implicitly European.

There's no way to destroy the implicit "European-ness" of the post-Enlightenment project without blowing the whole fucking thing up, including the means through which any anti-Eurocentric theory is disseminated. Almost all contemporary forms of communication and high culture are implicitly European in one or another, either in being so or in responding to it. The weltanschauung is carried by globalized western consumer capitalism.

Veeky Forums is the ivory tower and posting Poopoopeepee memes is the best way to keep the normies out.

fpbp

Came down from my ivory tower
Found no world below
t. Jack Kerouac

go sniff your grad prof’s ass bug

I regret attending university.

It's just a company at this point churning out a reliable stock of "ambitious" young boomer-spawn ready to part with their parents' cash.

>Don't cut yourself on all those edges dude.
are people really still saying this

Isn't Dr. Jordan Peterson working on an online university? I have faith in him.

Attached: 1486063878900.png (624x434, 103K)