Is there a comprehensive philosophy chart? One that shows not just where to start reading but shows the path to the end?

Is there a comprehensive philosophy chart? One that shows not just where to start reading but shows the path to the end?

Attached: 2018-02-06-22-31-28-.png (211x239, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/mobilebasic?pli=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've been trying to find case-specific crash courses in Philosophy for years, man. In for the same thing

Attached: 1504393217705.jpg (900x6474, 1.75M)

Wow, I've read 7 of these guys; I can't believe people actually read all this and still don't have any good ideas. I feel a lot comfier with my indolence....if I were to read only one or two Pre-Socratics--who would you recommend?

OP here. Thanks for the chart. It made me realize I don't care about philosophy.

Heraclitus

Not OP but any specific books you recommend?

Same dude, meant to ask is Fragments a good one?

Fragments is his only surviving work.

docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/mobilebasic?pli=1

Philosophy begins and ends with assumptions that can't be proven by any philosophical method. Thus, the end conclusion of philosophy is that philosophy was a mistake. There, saved you a lot of work.

Ah ok because there are some other books out there but i guess they're just compilations of his and some other works. Guess I should've looked into it a bit more.

Can I get a history chart?

Honestly history doesn't require to be read chronologically but if you still want to do that, it's not hard to make your own list.
Start with mesopotamians or Egyptians in this case and then Greeks, Romans, the early middle ages (Church, Charlemagne and HRE, ERE aka Byzantines, Crusades, Muslims), high middle ages (more crusades, more byzantines, Mongols), late medieval ages/Renaissance era (one hundred years war, fall of Byzantine empire, age of discoveries, Spanish empire etc.), age of revolutions (British empire, american revolution, french revolution, Napoleonic wars, etc.), Industrial age and modern era.

Thats just an example of stuff that you can look in each period. Look the best books about topics within those periods. Ideally you can start with a world history book to know what stuff you want to read more about

Get lost chartfag brainlet. Philosophy isn't like an MMORPG skill-tree. Jump in anywhere.

Attached: baba.png (515x406, 186K)

Philosophy is a long line of people responding to other people's ideas, retard.

I didn't ask because of chronology, I just don't know any history books.

Why is Plato's pic used for Zeno?

THIS

How naive

>path to the end
Is this a euphemism for suicide like you want to read the philosophy that will justify killing yourself?

Or are you talking about some kind of "end of philosophy?" Who's the Final Philosopher, Veeky Forums?

Wittgenstein. You'd have to be a retard not to know that.

>mfw i was going to make a wittgenstein joke but decided it would be too obvious and someone calls me a retard
He was only temporarily the final philosopher

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 9.38.38 PM.png (758x322, 123K)

As a list of names, this is good, but in terms of the connections it draws it is awful. It puts phenomenology as a successor (or, at least, sibling) of existentialism, which it claims was born from a rejection of german idealism. But Husserl –the inventor of phenomenology –considered himself a german idealist.

Parmenides and

A History of the Ancient Near East 3000-323 (Marc Van de Mieroop)
Ancient Greece - From Prehistoric to Hellenistic Times (Thomas R. Martin)
A Brief history of Ancient Greece - Politics, Society, Culture (Sarah B. Pomeroy, et al.)
A Critical History of Early Rome - From Prehistory to the first Punic War (Gary Forsythe)
Rubicon, the Triumph and Tragedy of the Roman Republic (Tom Holland)
The Rise of Rome (Anthony Everitt)
Brief History of the Roman Empire (Kershaw)
Oxford History of Medieval Europe (George Holmes)
The Carolingian World (MacLean, Innes, Costambeys)

>political philosophy in its own category

Attached: 1506099476321.png (645x729, 38K)

Heidegger rejects Idealism, drawing from Nietzsche who also completely rejected Idealism

>doesn't acknowledge political philosophy as an independent field of knowledge

Attached: 1519565049008.png (728x720, 718K)

Empedocles is my home boy.

But you can't really read a Pre Socratic. Their output exist out of fragments transmitted by other Greek philosophers. So it's best to read a secondary work.

For example: The Presocratic Philosophers: A Critical History with a Selection of Texts

Swag. Thanks.

Heidegger doesn't necessarily reject idealism.

This is your best bet for now.

You can’t turn all of philosophy into a chart, a guide like this is far more appropriate.

The author kind of gave up when it got to the 20th century, so I’m working on a full length presentation for both analytic and continental sides right now.

I'm going to read some Greek stuff then just skip to Nietzsche and read from there, and you can't stop me Veeky Forums

Attached: 51YPfHs-02L._SX311_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (313x499, 35K)

>Let's ignore the entirety of liberal thought post-locke.