What's up with the recent trope of perfect main characters that can do no wrong?

What's up with the recent trope of perfect main characters that can do no wrong?

Attached: 1520769840596.png (720x667, 368K)

>recent

Did I post this? I wrote it out but I think I didn't post it because I didn't want to feed another shit thread.

sage

Stop watching capeshit you stupid idiot

Gynonarcissism

To be fair, Rey has no strengths either.

Attached: 1519964222984.jpg (295x311, 11K)

Most men are conditioned to accepting the old hero's journey where young guy starts out cocky, gets his ass kicked, sometimes traumatically, recovers and comes back stronger and smarter to defeat his opponent.

They tried doing this with grils and grils were getting PTSD and cutting themselves or posting hysterical tweets and screaming misogyny and rape culture.
So they just superpower women now.

Oh fuck off. Marty Stu is just as common as Mary Sue.

its a projection of our own axieties about complexity/uncertainty. we desire confidence in singular figures rather than sift through the nuances of reality. an old tendency. comes in cycles, culturally speaking. but im sure the variable of the post-millenial generation (born into a digital history they didnt willingly create) really accelerates this process. people are subconciously baffled at the complexity of the simulation.

pic obviously related.

Attached: IMG_4197.jpg (400x400, 40K)

People took the 'strong women' phrase too literally.

Name one that isn't like literally Superman

YASS SITH EMPRESS YASS

The difference:
>Mary Sue is a real phenomenom the term was coined for
>Marty Stu is a non-existent phenonenom created only as a false equivalence

Developing character is a foreign concept to women so they just have to have them be gods from the get-go.

>Oh fuck off. Marty Stu is just as common as Mary Sue.
I want reddit to leave.

Attached: 1520541548731.jpg (352x395, 13K)

>why is genreshit genreshit?
i wonder why

Mary Stu is a term used by idiots who didn't get that male self inserts should be called Mary Sue as well

I've noticed only Japanese women can write.

You can tell the term was invented by a mouth-breathing friendzoned "ally" soyboy.

People can only handle so much reality. They want magic.

they want magic but they get absurdism

Goku.