Trying to find my will of reading again

Long story short, it has been 2 years since i have read my last book, i tried more than 20 books since then but no one convinced me to read it from the start to the end.

I basically want someone to suggest me a good book with a good story that will keep me reading it, no political or fantasy cause i don't like those things.

Attached: 19601250_1333384216778515_3242684612437851707_n.jpg (750x740, 97K)

>fantasy
This book is mostly mystery and i guess it involves some kind of fantasy(only regarding keeping promises), but its a book i think one would read it from beginning to end. All other books gave me that feeling of kinda stop reading them, but this one no.

Attached: eee.png (309x475, 196K)

how about just having the will power to finish one book you lazy fuck

Read Of Mice and Men.

>not one convinced me to read it from the start to the end

There’s your issue. You’re blaming the book for your lack of attention span instead of simply putting forth a bit of effort. Stop looking to external explanations for internal problems.

This or any other of Steinbeck's novellas. The Pearl, The Wayward Bus, Cannery Row, and Tortilla Flat are all great quick reads.

No, what I mean is like why should I care? If the author hisself doesn’t put "forth" effort why should I? It seems like most books are just one or two ideas and lots of unnecessary detail, plus they don’t even have engaging plots most of the time

What books have you tried to read?

The self help genre was my gateway to reading daily. A lot of self help books are stupid but Martin Seligman is good imo. Also, some of people on this board recommend really hard books but you might just need to go for an accessible writer like Stephen King if you haven’t read in a while. I don’t know — hope that helped a little

Last book was Dante Inferno but it just seemed so stream of conscious like it wasn’t going anywhere. First he’s in the woods, then he’s in Hell and traveling with the demon Virgil. But they didn’t establish any character motivations or character development, it’s just like I guess we’ll go do this now type storytelling where things happen out of convenience. Plus there was a lot of symbolism for the sake of symbolism without really trying to add anything to the story. Very offputtong all around

>the demon Virgil
Did you think he was traveling with the character from Devil May Cry?

Maybe try something more contemporary. Just read what looks interesting to you, not what you think you should read because you think it’s patrician. Have you read anything more modern?

Uhhh hello guys, OP here, could you just give me book suggestions instead of discussing?

That guy isn't even me

Still OP here

Yeah, modern books would be great, or at not something before the 20th century

Still OP here

Literally just name good books, Jesus fuck that’s all I’m asking. I mean, I’m so lazy I can’t even finish a single book, so there’s no chance I just Google this shit like a normal human being

at least*

Eat a fat one, retard

my diary desu

Lmao at least I can finish a book

Read the Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut.
I read it ~a year ago and it got me back into the swing of reading again. It's interestingly written and has a lot of substance considering its simplicity

Attached: Sirens of Titan.jpg (308x500, 108K)

OP here

Thanks everybody for your helpful suggestions :)

Yer real nice

>1082
Lmao your mother gay

You're not OP you dumb cunt

I SWEAR to god you people have no lifes no wonder you sit around reading fucking books all time

op here I’m a fag

Attached: 1478222046922.jpg (1000x625, 124K)