This was a lot funnier than I tought it would be

This was a lot funnier than I tought it would be.

Attached: serveimage[1].jpg (900x1200, 905K)

I mean it has dick in its title, after all.

Care to elaborate which parts you thought were funny?

i thought the same thing when i read it

the shenanigans of queequeg, including the bedsharing chapter; all of the shit king-post and stubb talked while chasing whales; melville's skewering of puritanical religious people left and right; even the absurdity of ahab's quest in the first place is darkly hilarious

i don't know if you're asking because you haven't read it and are interested in hearing how such a book could be at all humorous: if so, i tried to minimize revelatory material. or perhaps you're some mirthless sod that only took in 20% of the book while 'reading' it. if so my condolences are yours.

Glad someone else here noticed. As a narrator, Ishmael can be snarky as fuck, which I did not immediately pick up on. I think some people never do. Veeky Forums generally takes the "canon" too seriously, and if I wanted to be an asshole, I'd say it's because they themselves wants to be perceived as a brooding, serious bohemian types who read (own) brooding, serious books.

Is that you Ishmael?

The "homoerotic" scenes between Ishmael and Queequeg were meant to be comical jabs at sailors' reputation for rampant buggery

Attached: 50116466-conceptual-illustration-with-imprint-of-pink-lipstick-phrase-call-me-written-by-fuchsia-lip (1300x1300, 119K)

Attached: 3E690003-73B7-4D24-B4F2-7892BB5DE3B3.jpg (2836x1124, 1.05M)

obligatory

Attached: 5871894155.png (900x1200, 1.83M)

Which edition is that user?

It's been a while since I read the book but thanks for being such a condecending prick. You sound like the life of the party.

The chapter on chowder actually made me laugh aloud.

Not OP but if you're looking for keenly-honed social skills, you came to the wrong board on the wrong website, m8

I need to re-read Moby Dick (read it two years ago now) but I remember feeling Ishmael was sincere so I suppose I missed something.

enjoyed this comment up until the part where you outed yourself as a dullard tosser. you aren't a great reader, you're just a twat.

>haha dick Xd

I'm just not a fan of one liner threads. Apparently inquiring what OP meant when he created the thread is a crime. Should have just posted "haha yes sperm XDDDD"

The absolute state of this board.

The book was a joy aside from the fucking whale information. Like I understand why he would write about it for that time but I have wikipedia for that type of shit now and I'm sure most of it is inaccurate/antiquated I skipped as much of it as I could.

>i don't know if you're asking because you haven't read it and are interested in hearing how such a book could be at all humorous

I was wondering how long it would take for OP to take out his long self-gratified dick.

We get it OP you read Moby Dick which was required reading for years and years until relatively recent.

You aren't cool or special and chances are your parents were required to read it in school. Get off your high horse and remove your penis from your own asshole.

I hope this is sarcasm

No u

>buggery