What are some good Veeky Forums related podcasts?

What are some good Veeky Forums related podcasts?

Attached: DMtdFj_VQAEQGDK.jpg (1200x800, 166K)

Other urls found in this thread:

literatureandhistory.com/index.php/episodes/all-episodes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

literary disco

My Diary: Audiobook Edition desu

In my experience, "legit" podcasts affiliated with established institutions are best for Veeky Forums's preferences. A huge amount of basement podcasts re: books are genre/YA trash, terrible audio quality audio, or just really amateurish hosts. For me, I like the New Yorker's Poetry and Fiction podcasts, The Paris Review and the Poetry Foundation's podcasts. Other than that I just look up specific authors/books and dabble around.

Easily Literature & History

literatureandhistory.com/index.php/episodes/all-episodes

Literally Starts with the Sumerians, Goes on with the Greeks, and Resumes with the Romans. Checks all Veeky Forums's autistic boxes: it's chronological, completionist, also covers religious tests, and is actually a damn good podcasts. I'm on episode 44.

Word on Fire

Great Books, In Our Time, Pynchon in Public, Re-Joyce, Paris Review

sounds great, thanks

Rationally Speaking, Lapham’s World In Time, and The History of Philosophy Without Any Gaps are pretty good.

The Joe Rogan Experience
Under the Skin with Russell Brand
Waking Up with Sam Harris
Jocko Podcast

that's a lot of people with STD's from child prostitutes

You need to leave.

we all know this guy

Three of those are authors who regularly have authors on and the other is a non-author who regularly has authors on.

I specifically refrained from mentioning Mr Memerson’s podcast, The Ezra Klein Show, The Art Of Manliness, and The Patrick Coffin Show. But they’re all more literature related than your shit, so now I’m adding them.

That Art of Manliness episode about the Hermit of Maine was pretty cool.

should I have read each of the works before listening to their corresponding episode?

man I'm going to dislike watching W get old and decrepit like his dad and clinton

>Paris Review
Didn't even know they had a podcast. Does n+1 have one as well that you know of?

He's such a nice guy. Shame his politics are so grounded in religious morality and his economic policy was full retard.

Shit, I never thought to look, but I just checked and there is. If this was some covert shill, good work.

Bump

Entitled Opinions is pretty good

nah, I just really like the stuff they put out. Plus one of the last real leftists little mags out there. All the rest were basically dismantled by the CIA.

Chapo Trap House

GR8 B8 M8 I R8 8/8

Bump

Attached: image.jpg (854x960, 460K)

Check out this great literary podcast called cum town

Attached: IMG_20180312_005434.jpg (768x1024, 101K)

the tolkien professor podcast is pretty good, except for when the annoying kid speaks up in class

Attached: 1520394713131.jpg (2576x1932, 667K)

reddit does it again

pawd casts are fake friends for sad proles

Thanks for the recs so far!

Attached: Screenshot_20180312-020247.png (1080x2220, 1.63M)

Bump to spread the love, also a reminder that Overcast is the best iOS player.

I use podcast as a substitute for social interaction.
mega64 and h3 podcasts are my go-to. If I want something educational I turn on some YouTube lecture.

Attached: 2302x89w2e8y.jpg (477x414, 30K)

In that vein, I really like the relay.fm shows, and Hello Internet is one of the best of that type.

what's the app?

I'm gonna check this out, thanks user.

>shame he was so grounded in religious morality

This sentence is everything wrong with leftism.

Christianity is leftism

Except for the Catholic Churchhaving condemned communism, abortion, sexual liberation, and modernism.

How so?

You're adding arbitrary examples (half of them being a product of neoliberalism) that do not change the fact that the core values of christianity are rooted in social justice and egalitarianism, the cornerstone of what became left-wing politics.

is this guy still making podcasts? annoying there are no dates on anything

umm... ya... of course idiot

Agreed, I really liked his two-part episode with McLuhan's son.

This sentence is every that's wrong with American tribalism.

Podcast Addict