Have you read this book Veeky Forums?

And by book I mean the 7 novels

Attached: 32486595._UY500_SS500_.jpg (500x500, 36K)

Life's too short for Proust.

on book 4

currently on book 2 (towards the end) and I must say that reading this before going to bed might not be the greatest idea I've had

no, it sounds gay as fuck and Proust paid critics for favourable reviews

yeah

now im searching for the lost time

Read it first thing in the morning while moderately caffeinated

I tried reading at night and kept zoning out

I'm currently wrapping up Within a Budding Grove. My goal is to read one volume a year, so that when I finish it it will have been a 7 year odyssey of my life. Fits well with the themes of the memory and the passage of time.

I love it. The way Proust writes about time is exceptional. His musings on aristocracy, art, high culture, chasing skirt, musical theory, etc... are so fun to read. The protagonists autistic inner ramblings at literally any social function, weaving together wild tapestries out of the scraps of culture he knows of, is really fun to read. The episode with the cake and the tea flowing into formerly forgotten memories towards the start of Swan's Way is as kino as it is described in literature courses.

Reading this is like eating cheese cake. It's so rich and dense that I feel worn out, almost tired, but content. It's a very special book. I look forward to the day I finally finish all 7 volumes.

>Fun to read
Man sorry this post reads like shit. I'm in bed and didn't look it over. Please forgive me.

It's Swann's not Swan's you stupid pseud fuck.

tears

>TFW Swan instead of Swann
>TFW I've been outsted as a pseud

Attached: seppukuS.jpg (300x330, 63K)

Yes. It's the greatest novel of all time.
Has anyone seen the Raul Ruiz adaptation? It's quite good, but it would be near-impossible for someone who hasn't read the entire book to follow

Attached: Schwans634x634transp.png (2708x2650, 333K)

Yeah, if you make it all the way to/through vol. 7 it makes it (almost?) worth the investment. Even if not, the high points of this book are higher than those of any other book I've ever read -- although they are relatively few and far between. It definitely rewards the grind.

The first vol and 10 pages so far of the second

Honestly I think you're just making more work for yourself than it has to be. Just read a volume every other month. Why stretch it out?

Wait, has anyone read it in French?

Is it worth? I was lucky enough to spend a few summers in France after high school and read some Maupassant in french during my classes in high years, is it a challenging read in French?

I wanted to ask this. I’m studying French and university and have been asked to read Combray, the first part of it, by next term. I find Proust’s prose probably the most challenging I’ve read on the course so far (a course with mainly 19th and 18th century prose). It’s quite dense and shifting. Then again, I have only just started it and I’m started to get used to it.

I’d say go for it.

Don't you mean: Have you red this novel Veeky Forums? And by novel I mean the 7 books? ?

OP here, I'm reading it in french as it is my native language. I highly recommend it