New aspiring writer here

New aspiring writer here.

How do I write a book?

Attached: classicmemeno776.jpg (800x800, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/09/millennials-are-out-reading-older-generations/379934/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You dont?

Attached: 1520658828107.gif (200x200, 594K)

You read shit loads of books

Attached: BD7CE15D-C00D-4F59-9EAC-BE80C4882039.jpg (1612x2072, 683K)

make up a story, you know, like the ones you tell yourself to keep from committing suicide.

then write it down.

You start off by writing a short story.

Keep doing that until you write one which is not laughably terrible.

you write a book

First of all deal with the fact that nobody's gonna read your garbage book.

lsd is the answer

Just write it. There is no secret. Either you have something worth communicating through the written word or you're just searching for an identity and being a "writer" sounds neat.

Just start writing

Attached: 1418215348730.jpg (1325x758, 174K)

Focus first on the beginning and ending of the book story, as these need more thought than other aspects. From there, you can spend however much time you need to connect the two and develop any number of subplots and action points to build nuance and the world. Ensure to include a solid amount of sensory descriptors and make it all as human-relateable as possible. While we can understand and sympathize with the life of frogs, we aren't them and will desire some related semblance towards ourselves.

Attached: 1519747313323.jpg (675x450, 21K)

Word by word

Don't bother. Literature is dead, irrelevant, medium that probably won't even exist 50 years from now. Try putting your creative energies into an art form that people actually give a shit about.

Start smoking unfiltered Gauloises. Drink Brandy.

you again
theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/09/millennials-are-out-reading-older-generations/379934/

put one letter in front of the other. keep going.

You start by reading everyday everything that you can get your hands on that is nonfiction. Think about what you've read. When you have realizations about past read things read them again and understand them under new light. Read more. Read so much that you literally aren't comfortable with not sharing your own thoughts. That is, and only that i when you start writing. Don't bother with fiction that has the sole purpose of being entertaining for entertainments sake.

Yea, like marvel movies!

I am currently here. When do I know if I've written anything worthwhile?

Attached: 1517419343859.jpg (480x433, 25K)

I'm uncreative, how do you come up with a story?

copy it from someone else

don't try to be creative if you're not creative that doesn't work

>second religiousness
fuck how does Spengler do it

Write words using letters, write sentences using words, write paragraphs using sentences, write chapters using paragraphs. Proceed until you have written an book.

Take a fountain pen and commit seppuku.
You will have more fun, fulfillment, and success spilling your guts that way.

Find a community and get them to critique the shit out of the work. You'd be surprised how much you learn about your writing after some decent criticism.

Kind of misleading, the only reason more young people are reading is because more of them are going to college than ever before.

The vast majority of those people will never open a book ever again after college. Reading for pleasure is dead.

>stephen king
niggawatt

So what do I do?

Did you miss that it's Stephen King on Writing or are you questioning his expertise?

Why do you want to write?

>like the ones you tell yourself to keep from committing suicide.
so like those stories where i prevent school shootings?