Is pic related worth reading in English?

Also, did you like it?

Attached: journey.jpg (320x500, 38K)

yes, yes.

no, yes.

it's not worth reading in french

Every good book in a foreign language is better in English

is it worth reading at all?

Depends on the translation. Some improve the book, others don't. Plus, there's the whole inaccuracy thing.

Ralph Manheim is brilliant. Absolutely read it.

No, no.

But if you think war is glorious and colonies are a great idea, than you NEED to read this! Like, maybe if you fell asleep in a freezer in 1928 and are just waking up now.

lol look at this dude

what is it you didn't like? it's another perspective, it's not THE perspective.

BASED liberal. Like, have you been asleep since 1928? ZZZZZ go back to sleep babies ZZZZ sweet dreams sweetie.

Have you read the book? I don’t know how retarded you have to be to take it as pro war and pro colonialism

u gotta get the audiobook read by ralph manheim holy shit he nails the tone man, so good

no, if you can read French then you should read it in its original tongue. Yes, its one of the finest books ever written.

Yes, yes

oops manheim translated it, david colochi is the reader

I think what the other poster is saying is that this book is an attack on those things, i.e., an attack on things that have fallen out of favor since the book was written. A bit like reading an anti-slavery tract. (inb4 edgy pro-slavery responses)

The book is more remarkable for its broader worldview and its prose style than for being anti-imperialist, though.

link?

Yes
Yes

Attached: 09c61cc62ab5abea621d0bc84ffcce8f.jpg (472x500, 48K)

No. Céline is a great writer in French, a regular writer in English. Manheim does as well as you can expect a translator to but it's not enough to make the whole oeuvre worth reading.

Ladies and gentlemen, the absolute state of Veeky Forums.

Attached: 1520541548731.jpg (352x395, 13K)

Looks like if Casey Affleck had a kid with Abraham Lincoln.

see

Of course the original French is better, but if you're not a native speaker (or close enough to that level of proficiency), you're better off reading it in English. Even for someone who's proficient in French (I can read some dense philosophical works and carry on reasonably in-depth conversations on intellectual topics), it's hard to follow with all of the slang and idiomatic expressions that one really won't know unless they've spent significant time living in France speaking with the types of people that would use such language regularly .