What do you think of the Elric saga? What about the other Eternal Champion series?

What do you think of the Elric saga? What about the other Eternal Champion series?

Attached: the-elric-saga-part-1-cover-art-robert-gould-d50.jpg (565x610, 276K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epic_Pooh
revolutionsf.com/article.php?id=953
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reads like emo-Conan made by a weeboo.

So you like it then?

Yes, but in small quantities.

His imagination kicks the hell out of his actual writing, but that's not uncommon for fantasy writers. Moorcock's always a good pulpy time, with some deranged post-hippy cosmic philosophy aside from some of the more recent bloated novels.

Attached: IMGP0022edit.jpg (1500x1073, 414K)

>what if like...elves were mexicans
>did i mention i really fucking hate tolkien and im a vastly superior writer?
>fuck drumph and fuck white people

Absolute horseshit. Book 3 in particular.

I haven't read it

> hasn't read any of them

Jerry Cornelius > Elric > Corum

which book was book 3? did you see them at a bookstore where some novenside publisher had decided to stick "book (n) of the Chronicles of Elric", arbitrarily?

>I must read politics into everything
The state of you.

Moorcock did it first: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epic_Pooh
revolutionsf.com/article.php?id=953

>“I think Tolkien was a crypto-fascist”

>Tolkien really did set out to write a fairy tale and in my view that's exactly what he did—provide a perfect escape plan, which had the added attractions of having been written by an Oxford don. I knew and liked Tolkien who in a bufferish sort of way was very kind to me and encouraging. I looked forward to those books coming out. I was deeply disappointed by their lack of weight and their lack of ambitious language. They are about as likely to last as “the book of the century” as Ouida, Hall Caine or Marie Corelli, all of whom were judged the greatest writers of their day by a contemporary audience.

>Tolkien has the right elements of snobbery and escapism to make it a huge success. John Buchan for teenagers. A compendium of disguised bigotry and English high church snobbery. I hate it for exactly those qualities which made it so popular. It's a lullaby. Not sure we need lullabies at the moment. Unless we're all just going to give up, go to sleep and wake up dead. I really do feel contempt for Tolkien and a certain disgust for those adults who voted him writer of the century. This has nothing to do with why I decided to be a writer.

>I tend instinctively to see black men and women in general as having more authority (not more power, but more authority) than white men.

>I had little experience of white men as such growing up and feel sorry for those as did.

>My mother was Jewish, my guardian was Jewish

> I meet bright American kids all the time. The fact that they are black, Chinese and Jewish mostly hasn't yet sunk in, it seems, to my WASP niece, who is confidently expecting the life of privilege WASPS have enjoyed in the US from the beginning. It is changing importantly and the WASP is becoming a minority.

>Men seem to be in constant terror of someone getting at their private parts. I've never understood it. As I've said before, if men had to muster the kind of courage the average woman has to muster on an average evening, they would all be strutting around like heroes. So full of themselves.

Attached: 1510202492083.jpg (383x424, 106K)

>Moorcock's works are noted for their political nature and content. In one interview, he states, "I am an anarchist and a pragmatist. My moral/philosophical position is that of an anarchist."[12]

>Besides using fiction to explore his politics,[10] Moorcock also engages in political activism. In order to "marginalize stuff that works to objectify women and suggests women enjoy being beaten", he has encouraged W H Smiths to move John Norman's Gor series novels to the top shelf.[12]

Attached: 16435734568.jpg (1536x2048, 789K)

>people dont even give enough of a shit about moorcuck to respond to my shit talking

reminder that hes spending his time begging to be allowed to write more comic books so he can put food on the table

>Reads like emo-Conan
This is 100% true. I like the setting and the idea of an anti-Conan, but Elric is too fucking boring as a character. I much prefer his characterization in those French comic adaptions (which I highly recommend if only for the gorgeous art).

Of course.

No one cares other than you, nigga. Just enjoy the stories for what they are.

>No one cares other than you, nigga
Except Moorcock himself, retard. Though that dumb fuck commie thought Tolkien was fascist.

So, what's the problem?

>i-if I move the goalposts then I'll w-win for sure!

The weird of the white wolf

His books are only good as audio-books. Same with Fafhrd and The Grey Mouser. Ergo, they are both voiced by Johnathan Davis.

What goalpost?

>evil always wins because good is dumb: the series

That's because Moorcock is jealous of Tolkien. He had a fit because Tolkien received greater awards than he did. He's probably not a communist or anarchist as well. As he seems to prize cheap capitalistic awards over art.

no self describe anarchists are actual anarchists user, its not a closely guarded secret. in fact most "anarchists" seem to be pretty keen on telling everyone else what they can and cant do and want laws to punish people for wrong think

>if only all the world was like muh Somalia land paradise
>oh n-no i dont want to actually live there

Attached: 1517991194627.jpg (527x1105, 230K)

I've been meaning to check those comics out. Apparently Moorcock thinks they're better than the books too.

Most of the stories are rambling, plotless and inconsequential. Moorcock had the imagination, but none of the discipline, required of a fantasy writer.

An author and his work are different things. He can say what he wants, it has little bearing on experiencing the work.

Also, considering the temperament of most characters in his works (Elric especially), when he says he's an anarchist he probably just means in rebellious favor of a meritocracy of sorts. Anarchist is like the go-to term for this mindset for people who casually dabble in political debates.

>moor cock

more like moorCOCK amiright?...wait

Attached: 1518474084136.jpg (640x640, 36K)

what are the chances that moorcock is such an edgy little faggot and wrote an anti-jock character because all the cool kids made fun of him as a kid because of his name?

Attached: 1520465383791.jpg (689x448, 221K)

Funny how no one ever seems to have noticed that Rheagar Targaryen is basically Elric.

Does his sword suck souls? Is he sick all the time? Does he scream when he casts spells?

CHECKMATE

>Does he scream when he casts spells?
So that's where that meme comes from

How is relevant to anything in the first place

what are the chances that so are you?

The only decent book imo is Elric of Melnibone. There's some depth and grace in his inner monologue.
Too bad the rest is just rogueish pulp trash for teenagers and neckbeards.

He says they capture the decadence and evilness of Melnibone in the way he meant to in the books. I'd say Elric is more "evil" in those comics than he is in the original stories which I'm fine with because he's at least entertaining and not a little emo bitch.

I know this is unrelated but who do you guys think is the best Sword and Sorcery characters? Its Fafhrd and The Grey Mouser for me.

Attached: Two_sought_adventure.jpg (200x302, 40K)

But Leiber was actually a good writer in his later career. His works are actually enjoyable.

I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing in his case. The whole New Wave thing (which was mostly garbage) was sort of a big fuck you to the conventional expectations of post-Tolkien fantasy.

I do agree user. But that audiobook is just, freaking stellar. I have the books and I still put the audiobook on.