and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold

Lmao why do you guys hate Rupi Kaur so much? This poem is based. Anymore good stuff from /ourgirl/?

Attached: image.jpg (768x544, 56K)

nice try but thats william carlos williams

and if you think everyone has as bad reading comprehension and critical thinking abilities as you where you can tell the difference between that and rupi kaur... you are lost

>This poem is based
why?

the woman
she smashed the patriarchy
yes
YES
the woman is out

Poetry has been gay as fuck since the 50s

Why is it okay when Williams, Cohen, Bukowski and The Beats write poems like this but it’s not okay when Rupi does?

I have eaten
the brownies
that were in
the hotbox

and which
you were probably
saving
fortwenty

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so high

Written as though it were a note left on a kitchen table, Williams' poem appears to the reader like a piece of found poetry.[1] Metrically, the poem exhibits no regularity of stress or of syllable count. Except for lines two and five (each an iamb) and lines eight and nine (each an amphibrach), no two lines have the same metrical form.[1] The consonance of the letters "Th" in lines two, three, and four, as well the consonance of the letter "F" in lines eight and nine, and the letter 'S' in lines eleven and twelve give rise to a natural rhythm when the poem is read aloud.

A conspicuous lack of punctuation contributes to the poem's tonal ambiguity. While the second stanza begins with a conjunction, implying a connection to the first stanza, the third stanza is separated from the first two by the capitalized "Forgive". In a 1950 interview, John W. Gerber asked the poet what it is that makes "This Is Just to Say" a poem; Williams replied, "In the first place, it's metrically absolutely regular... So, dogmatically speaking, it has to be a poem because it goes that way, don't you see!"[1] Critic Marjorie Perloff writes, "on the page, the three little quatrains look alike; they have roughly the same physical shape. It is typography rather than any kind of phonemic recurrence that provides directions for the speaking voice (or for the eye that reads the lines silently) and that teases out the poem's meanings."[1] Additionally, this typographical structure influences any subsequent interpretation on the part of the reader.

Florence Williams's (Williams's wife) 'reply' to This Is Just to Say is included as a 'Detail' in the partially published Detail & Parody for the poem Paterson (a manuscript at SUNY Buffalo)[2] first appearing in 1982.[3] Since Williams chose to include the 'reply' in his own sequence it seems likely that he took a note left by his wife and turned it into a 'poem'

>The consonance of the letters "Th" in lines two, three, and four, as well the consonance of the letter "F" in lines eight and nine, and the letter 'S' in lines eleven and twelve give rise to a natural rhythm when the poem is read aloud.

holy shit there are letters that are the same this is some complex shit we got right here

Attached: 1478618471091.jpg (244x206, 9K)

>reductionism as an argument

back to /b/

>American "poetry"

>back to /b/

>2 b sounds

you are a magnificent poet

>not yass YASS

what did this poem mean by this

/b/ level troll attempt user.

>watches Paterson once

I would use her face as a cum depository, not because I find her particularly attractive, just cuz

>Watches

how dare u besmirch his name
that's a complete red herring

Attached: froggu.png (810x793, 576K)

wheelbarrow boy is cool. i could give a shit about kaur, good or bad. vapid pop poetry has been around forever. kaur reminds me of that sick kid "poet" that made the talk show circuit in the 90s and sold a million books of really clunky enjambed sentences about heaven. there's nothing to get worked up over, and the fact that Veeky Forums gets all hot and bothered about her is hilarious and telling.

I want to fuck her tits

Probably an
Ugly tranny
Tits tho
Desperate smash

Black woman
Gender did you
Just assume
My

Fucking hell, I remember that faggy poem from high school. Even then in my inexperience and when my mind was devoid of cynicism I thought that was such a fucking shit poem.

It is literally the genesis of the "write drivel, occasionally hit enter" sub-genre of poetry.

brainlet

BASED hipster Yoda

Such stuff as madmen tongue, and brain not.

i want to suck on her tiddy breasts then deport her