So I got this super fat book, wich I know is not worth a full read but still, as an economist I fell I have to read it

So I got this super fat book, wich I know is not worth a full read but still, as an economist I fell I have to read it.
What are the most important chapters of the book?
where can I find the quintessence and not just "blabla workers"?
where are the most important viewpoints of his philosophie written?

also: general Das Kapital I thread

Attached: 51QHZ5LgeUL._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (334x499, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stumblingandmumbling.typepad.com/stumbling_and_mumbling/2006/08/reading_marx_an.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Commodity fetishism

That's your interpretation
I need sources

He's just an angry Ricardo. Read Ricardo's book beforehand since it's not difficult and then come to Marx and see the absurd similarities.

Chris Dillow gave some good advice on how to read The Capital: stumblingandmumbling.typepad.com/stumbling_and_mumbling/2006/08/reading_marx_an.html

Not Sure if ricardo is a meme or an autor lol
Sorry I'm not often in here

>reading it line by line from the beginning is just stupid, start with...
Yes, this is exactly what I was looking for
user, thank you so much!

>the man spent his entire life criticizing political economy
>wrote a colossal work which goes in great detail about fallacies of capitalism
>"reading it line by line from the beginning is just stupid, start with..."
OP, kys

I didn't understand this book. Why didn't Kapital just work harder instead of whining so much?

Criminally underrated post.

LMAO

>So I got this super fat book, wich I know is not worth a full read but still, as an economist I fell I have to read it.
Das Kapital had a huge impact in social sciences, specialy sociology. Altought today we know that majority (if not all) Marx's economical theorys are flawed or downright wrong, he still a classic, so you won't waste your time reading it, specialy because it gives you a idea of the mindset Marx had at the time and the basis for modern day marxist tradition in academia.

>as an economist I feel like others can just direct my research so that I don't have to try too hard
checks out

Roasted

I hate economists so fucking much
Is there a more brainlet field of science? Mein gott
Learn to analzye political economy and stop masturbating to your shitty models you fucking baby

Attached: janis.jpg (660x371, 24K)

>Not sure if Ricardo is a meme or an author
kys

Reminder that people like OP get to form economic policy

Attached: 37eb28a8b3450503e0125cb3ae396cf2.jpg (391x391, 37K)

>wrote a colossal work which goes in great detail about fallacies
there, fixed that for you.

Ricardo is the most influential classic economist after Adam Smith.

>Not Sure if ricardo is a meme or an autor lol
How in the fuck have you passed a single year in Economics without hearing a passing note about Ricardo dude? Even in my highschool we got taught about him alongside Smith and Malthus-

If you're a total fuck boy who wants to be spoon fed to and watch David Harvey's lectures on Capital.

After, and I repeat AFTER, you've done this read Capital in this order to get a decent grasp of the first volume of Capital (yes, there are more)

Chapter 1: The Commodity
Chapter 4: The General Formula for Capital
Chapter 9: The Rate of Surplus-Value
Chapter 15: Machinery and Large-Scale
Chapter 26: The Secret of Primitive Accumulation

Again, this is only scratching the surface.

Attached: 1514342717229.jpg (640x640, 114K)

There are so many crossovers it's not even funny.