33% into Whatever and im about to drop it. Does it get better...

33% into Whatever and im about to drop it. Does it get better? Im reading it parallel to 2666 and the later is so engaging, while Whatever is so dull and fake, insincere. So, does it get better?

Attached: 461783030-french-author-michel-houellebecq-presents-his-new-book.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg (1180x842, 108K)

yeah houllebueq is phony is as fuck with his patronizing incel shit, "some people are just too ugly to get laid", that's what normies think, real autists know looks are only a fraction of the equation, that's why i never read it, the premise is inauthentic from the start

>that's why i never read it

Attached: 1518589772634.jpg (641x530, 41K)

i saw those screencaps from the movie and got the gist of it, it's not something im gonna waste time on

If you don't like it by now, might as well drop it. It's a pretty short book, though, so I really don't understand why you'd be so eager to put it down without wrapping it up.

>I really don't understand why you'd be so eager to put it down
i feel like i already read the whole book at this point. the whole "hurr im so mediocre and have retarded friends because its the best i can do" schtick is lame, better give all my energy to 2666 which is a real treat.

because it's funny as fuck

i can tell you didnt read it

>i can tell you didnt read it

i only know about it what people post on here, so next time do a better summary faggot

>reading two novels at once
>comparing an author's first novel to another author's last novel

Attached: 1519980505190.png (143x170, 51K)

Then don't join the discussion about it you turbopleb.

Check out the possibility of an island or atomised, they are much better user

>>reading two novels at once
problem?

MC gives his co-worker a steak knife; together, driving intoxicated, they go after a negro who cucked the guy at the club.

ope didn't read it either so maybe lets cancel the whole thread then

this is the worst houellebecq thread of all time

will give him a last chance.

sheeeit. its like a r9k fanfic, im not reading that trash.

the guy ends up just masturbating to the two fucking on the beach

lol im deleting that shit asap. its tainting my KOBO. wont ever admit i read once that french faggot.

>my kobo

its already too late dude everyone knows youre a fag

yeah, honestly explains this whole thread up to now

Dafuq u talking, the kobo acts as a penis extension into the Real.

well im sure thats what the "independent book merchant" who talked u into buying that junk told u, but it is a falsehood my friend

Im about to fuck a friends wife because of that ereader. How about that. Explain that please.

yeah and i bet you fucked three strippers when u booted up your gentoo laptop at the club

Sorry i just visit lit and p. On recovery from too much tv.

>gentoo
Dunno whats that. But im telling you the gadget improves sex appeal. Loaded it with the whole Vertical Smile collection so i have top labia watering stuff to quote cassually into absentminded females.

I thought whatever was really good, but I think it's a little like the stranger where most of the book is just dull narration of everyday life that builds up to some epic revelation.

I've read both Atomised and Soumission. Both of them were repulsive, misanthropic, cynical, and, as a result, often groan-inducing in their early stages. I thought, "there's no wit in this, merely cynicism". But something changes in both of those novels at some point later in them, which flipped my view of Houellebecq. In Atomised in particular, I became less convinced that Houellebecq is a mere emotionless cynic and more that he was a beautiful writer. I've not read Whatever, but I'd suggest you stick with it. Houellebecq isn't too much of a commitment to read in any case.

Good post, reflects a little my feeling too.

His worst book, hands down. Read "Map and Territory" instead.

Map and Territory is crap. There's a reason why it obtained the Goncourt prize.
Whatever is much better, but as a "first novel" one shouldn't expect too much from it. Atomized and Submission are the ones really worth reading.

I think Whatever gives you a good feel for what his other books will be like, or what they will be about. It's more or less a quick, powerful introduction. It's sharp and gets a point across effectively, in a way that makes you remember it. It's a bullet.

Atomised will be much more worth reading of course, because it's pretty much a detailed elaboration of the thoughts and ideas in Whatever.

Good post indeed.

Attached: huu.jpg (901x1004, 180K)

not same dude but, the possibility of an island is genius work

I rank his novels from best to shittiest.

1. Submission: the reason is not because it is anti-islam but because it is in fact a satire of academia, pointing out that western conservatives have a lot more in common with middle eastern conservatism. He makes a muslim brotherhood party seem much more appealing than actually criticizing the religion.

2. The Possibility of an Island: because this work explores transhumanism and equally how decadence and age leads to emptiness, to despondency. Fucking brilliant novel.

3. Atomised: Asserts that the sexual revolution did not liberate but was a cancer on western society, it commodified vice, turned sex into an economy, the opposite of what the veterans of 68' wanted.

4. Platform: but really not that great

5. The map and the territory: Kills himself--wow not that great either.

6. Whatever: title expresses my feelings toward the book.

Agree on Submission, compared to all the controversy it was surprisingly generous in his presentation of Islam

OFFICIAL POWER RANKING

6 > 3 >> 1 >>>> 2 > 4 > 5

wow that really IS an /r9nk/ fanfic

Please read the fucking book. Houellebecq has nothing to do with this sort of incel mentality.

sheeit my nigga where is an epub of atomised, only see pdf on libgen