I read for enjoyment, not to appear intelligent

I read for enjoyment, not to appear intelligent.

Attached: 1515904795377.gif (200x200, 91K)

define "enjoyment"

why the fuck would anyone want to appear intelligent? everyone fucking hates nerds

Then you're an idiot, books are by far the least enjoyable of all mediums. If you want to be entertained go watch movie or play a video game or something. "Enjoyment" has no place in literature and never did. The only time people ever read for "fun" was back when there was literally nothing else to do besides farm and die of tuberculosis.

Contentious... yet admirable.

Stick to anime you fucking dweeb

that's cool. I started to read seriously so my brain would grow. Now It's enjoyment as well

Attached: 1519121058868.jpg (800x530, 46K)

Attached: omfg fam.gif (359x358, 1.79M)

haha cool pic

good post

like it or not, this is what peak patrician looks like

lol nerd

Is this trolling? Tbh I can't tell anymore

look at that little guy go

>not getting enjoyment out of appearing intelligent
get better friends, pleb

you should read only the poorly written book that give you the most enjoyment of its dumb aesthetic and stay there until you bored of it, and then start to find something that is intellectually stimulating because you had been desensitized by all the dumb shit that you had read before

Where the fuck did you get this gif? I was commissioned to make this for a Kickstarter some years ago now but never receive payment.

t. gibbering retard who can't even right a post with proper grammar.

This is a good post, shouldn't be controversial

wew lad

But appearing intelligent is the highest pleasure there is.

Powerful

"Look, I am better than all of you, because I am humble"

Neat quote, who wrote it?

Moses

this but unironically

A daring synthesis.

I refuse to believe this isn't bait but it probably isn't

desu I mostly read because I like collecting books and decided that I may as well make use of them.