Can anyone rec fictional books about raw masculinity? I’ve heard people say fight club, lord of the flies...

Can anyone rec fictional books about raw masculinity? I’ve heard people say fight club, lord of the flies, blood meridian, moby dick..hemmingway... Anything else that I should know about that’s a good example of manliness?

Attached: 069569D9-543D-4745-B8E7-9CE9A5413FB5.jpg (608x608, 41K)

>Anything else that I should know
don't waste your time with the first one

The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian.

Fight Club is super gay kek

The Savage Tales of Solomon Kane.

Letters from stoic. And drop all the gay shit that you've mentioned

Heart of Darkness

Romeo and Juliette

Nostromo

Typhoon

stoicism isn’t manly

Red Dead Redemption

The Iliad

Op here,
Gay is besides the point. If those gay characters are fucking brutal and hard dicked, that’s manly enough for what I’m asking for. I never read fight club but that’s the first thing that comes up on google. Everything else seems to be a study on stoicism or gender studies. That’s not what I’m asking for. Does anyone have any real stories about the psycho turmoil of what men deal with in a visceral way? Fiction please..
I’ll look into the savage tales of Solomon Kane, nostromo, typhoon, thank you. Heart of darkness is cool but I read it many times, thanks

The Iliad is about war and gods and standing fast in the face of opposition, you vagina. Also read some Hemingway. The Sun Also Rises deals with what it means to be a man in the midst of constant defeat (impotence in the novel). That's a good one. Myth of Sisyphus is about getting up every day and facing life.

shoiuld also clarify that im not that interested in old books

Would prefer something more like the wolf of wall street as a book

Gays cannot be masculine by definition.

It's too late for you dude you're already a faggot. The best you can hope for at this point is to be an accomodating bottom

Sounds like you equate masculinity with violence. You don't want "old books" so you'll be missing out on the Iliad, which is the greatest violent work in literary history.
By your definition American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis is probably a great work of masculinity so read that.
Or just admit that you're a pleb and read some mindless action thriller from the grocery store checkout line.

>shoiuld also clarify that im not that interested in old books
>I want manly books, but nothing old and gross, just stuff from the soy generation.
>mainly focus on manly things like not crying when you cut your scrotum shaving, and working out while your wife gets fucked by at least 2 black men in the same orifice.

?

are you saying sylvester stallone or martin scorsase are faggots?

Blood Meridian and Moby Dick are far from gay.

What? The Sun Also Rises is about impotence? Now the title seems like a meme...

so is masculinity

Masculity is the opposite of gayness. Just read fight club, OP, and cook a nice dinner for your boyfriend.

the sea wolf

Not that guy, but if your best examples of contemporary masculinity are fucking action movie actors, then you're seriously blind to what real masculinity looks like.

Men exist in the real world, actors exist in the fictional. Keep you're fucking feet on the ground, and learn the difference.

*Gay Athenian hoplite breaks your jaw and fucks your ass*

"B-but he's not masculine!"

the Greeks weren't gay dumb bait poster

I read the Iliad already and it’s not the kind of book I’m talking about. The fact that you’re using vagina as an insult lets me know to not to take your advice, so thanks for the heads up

This is not op everyone
If you responded, you’ve been fooled by an imposter

I guess I’m not clarifying what I mean by masculinity. I don’t mean necessarily violent, but dealing primarily with men and their obsession with power sex and death. Struggling to find a place in the modern world where primal instincts are replaced with morality and post industrial quality of life. Some of you that responded seem to think I’m looking for a story about Bruce Willis killing terrorists. No. I’m wondering if there are books I haven’t heard of dealing with the modern man reconciling primitive urges with the reality of the times. You all keep talking about gay shit like it’s incompatible with masculinity, but I disagree. Two erections are arguabley more manly than one, and anal sex is more violent and power obsessed too. I’m not afraid of gay lit if it’s about mans obsession with power sex and violence. That’s what I’m looking for (example of this would be Ballard’s Crash). Does that help clarify what I mean? I don’t care if it’s old or new either.

Beowulf, Tolkien translation
The Taming of the Shrew

Garden of Sand and Tattoo by Earl Thompson.

I am legend is some manly shit.

MASCULINITY - THE READING LIST

PROSE
>The Taming Of The Shrew, William Shakespeare
Keeping the little woman in line
>The Rainbow, D.H.Lawrence
How to marry a defensive Polish widow with a little child and make it all work, not just the sex
>Women In Love, D.H.Lawrence
Two friends. Healthy & unhealthy masculinity. Naked wrestling. (No homo.)
>The Maltese Falcon, Dashiell Hammett
"When a man's partner is killed he's supposed to do something about it."
>The Long Goodbye, Raymond Chandler
"Down these mean streets a man must go who is not himself mean; who is neither tarnished nor afraid."
>Lord Jim, Joseph Conrad
How do you redeem yourself after you do something you can't forgive?
>The Old Man And The Sea, Ernest Hemingway
Man meets fish. Fish meets sharks.
>The Conan Stories, Robert E. Howard
Conan is neither stupid nor sadistic. The same goes for Howard.

VERSE
>"If", Rudyard Kipling
Almost everything you need is right in here.
>"The Mary Gloster", Rudyard Kipling
A dying man is very disappointed in his son, who is, frankly, a soyboy.
>"Lines for a Book", Thom Gunn
Thom Gunn likes men who kick ass. He doesn't like BABIES.
>"The Bloody Sire", Robinson Jeffers
All values are built on, and enforced by, violence. And don't you forget it.
>"Second Best", Robinson Jeffers
Jeffers thought that writing poetry was OK, but it would have been better to be a soldier or something. (Samuel Johnson famously said the same thing.)
>"Digging", Seamus Heaney
See above (except it's being a farmer).
>"Ogres And Pygmies", Robert Graves
Once, men were men
>"The Ancient Heroes And The Bomber Pilot", Ted Hughes
See above