Not wanting to die has been selected for by natural selection

>not wanting to die has been selected for by natural selection
>but we are mortal beings conscious of our inevitable death
>life is therefore suffering

Recommend books along these lines.

Attached: 1515951518439.jpg (1000x750, 236K)

like, all of them

What the Buddha Taught - Walpola Rahula

My diary covers all these topics desu.

The Conspiracy against the Human Race by Thomas Ligotti

I don't understand how my ancestors have managed to survive through all the shit. I'm 22 and fucking fed up with life, yet I live in a relatively peaceful and non violent time.

>yet I live in a relatively peaceful and non violent time.
that's exactly the problem
life was meant to be a struggle for existence
conscious thought plus comfort is the ultimate recipe for meaninglessness

but lots of people prayed for death in ancient times especially when things were awful. i would imagine being a european farmer getting overrun by Mongols would make one wish for death

i talked myself into going through with kill self a few months ago but then i talked to my girlfriend about it and she talked me out of it saying it was selfish and "don't you value our lives together more than that?" and now i feel like a failure and i feel too scared to go through with it again now
moral of a the story is if you talk yourself into something, go through with it

>>but we are mortal beings conscious of our inevitable death
I love that stupid people keep saying this

I also love that Op is a huge beta.

Please be a brainlet in another thread.

ya well ur a big dumb idiot!!!!!!! LMFAO GOTCHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! R O A S T E D

Yes, and the few that did survive gave thanks to the Lord on their knees for sparing their lives. Then, with their freshly rekindled joi de vivre, they proceeded to procreate (some of them, conceivably, while still on their knees), which would explain our current existence.

Two things:
-our ancestors were far more narrow-minded and less worldly. Meaning no complications or subjectivity. Simple living.
-our ancestors were used to hardship and weren't fed myths about their importance and potential since birth. They were tough and realistic.

Attached: 51Vh3k5wdfL._SX325_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (327x499, 36K)

bible

I am sick and tired of this. Every day I come to Veeky Forums, and every day there is at least one thread up with an OP image of an attractive woman dressed scantily and posing seductively. It's probably the same one or two people who do it honestly. Let me tell you something, you faggot pieces of shit who are doing this: you are the poster child for everything that is wrong in literature, art, and society as a whole today. You are incapable of coming up with anything creative, thought provoking, or of substance, and you lack even the smallest modicum of intelligence, so you use "style" and "flash" and pizazz in place of it and to draw attention to yourself, because that's the only way your SHIT "creation" and ideas would ever get seen by anyone. And before you say anything, this has NOTHING to do with the fact that I don't have a girlfriend. Anyway, I will be petitioning the owner of this website to ban your asses, so enjoy being able to post here while it lasts, because it's not going to last long, just like you that one time you convinced an obese girl to let you fuck her.

>And before you say anything, this has NOTHING to do with the fact that I don't have a girlfriend.

Are you sure friend?

I too look forward to spreading this new, glorious pasta

Thomas Mann, Magic Mountain

thats the problem

Attached: war and mental health.png (741x800, 526K)

I want to sniff her crotch.

this seems very jewish

What was it

Schopenhauer

>-our ancestors were far more narrow-minded and less worldly. Meaning no complications or subjectivity.
-our ancestors were used to hardship and weren't fed myths about their importance and potential since birth. They were realistic.
All of this is completely wrong and anyone with a basic knowledge of anthropology would know that. All historical, anthropological and archeological evidence is contradictory. Stop larping like someone who knows what they are talking about.
Embarrassing.
Sure times could be hard, they usually we're not. Things might have been bad superficially compared to now, but life has more substance normally.
Probably a literal absence of meaning, not only the poetic kind of meaning but literal signs that carry meaning, people don't understand how fucked up biodiversity loss really is. Many people live in a figuritive concrete room with no corners where half the people around you are willing to stab you in the back if it means they can look out the window. Our jobs are complete bullshit, even basic shit like finding food and a place to sleep are deprived of purpose and consequence. Liberty is now a fairy tale, and human communities that support themselves have been completely wrecked by consumer economies, people live a life detached from the lives around them and it's a lonely time to be alive.
It doesn't have to be this way, we don't have to be ecologically fucked up but that's the way dominace hierachy works for those at the bottom, the bottom that now includes the vast of life on Earth, with us that are self aware doomed to a special kind or hell. You can see this in chimpanzee troops even, the phenomenon is nothing new. What's new is exactly how bad it is with biodiversity loss and no clear correlation between living and being alive, aswell as the terrible global extent of the problem.

Read about Terror Management Theory

Our awareness of death doesn't necessarily mean that life IS suffering. It does means that the amount of suffering in our life increases because of it. Most people believe in an afterlife that allows them to entirely overcome their fear of death or they are too focused on other things to think about it. Worst case scenario somebody begins to constantly panic about it but in almost all cases people overcome it. So for 99% of the population death is a non-issue and causes no suffering.

They don't overcome it they're in denial

I'm pretty sure that people like the pope aren't in denial and even if they were it brings them no suffering.

Schopenhauer