Is anyone else in a constant state of awe about the fact that we exist at all? It seems so paradoxical...

Is anyone else in a constant state of awe about the fact that we exist at all? It seems so paradoxical....whether you think God created the universe as I do, or that it came out of chaos. It's pretty insane and doesn't seem real at all. If it isn't real, that is, it's an enclosed experiment or a simulation.....then what lies outside of the boundaries of this experiment, or outside of the simulation?

Pic related is a discovery about the planet Jupiter that was discovered only a few days ago. There is a octagonal group of wind vortexes around one massive vortex on the north and south poles of Jupiter. Why? Scientists are baffled, it's something completely unexpected and they have no answer to it yet. Here are some electromagnetic recordings of Jupiter (compared to recordings of Earth, in 2nd link).

youtube.com/watch?v=oWTC7P1Dprw
youtube.com/watch?v=NhAXIjJ56xE

Anyways, are there any philosophers who focused specifically on the paradox that we exist at all? It just doesn't seem real, yet I am convinced God is real....is it all one long dream? These words that I have written, look totally stupid. They don't capture the feeling I'm trying to convey at all. What I'm trying to convey is much bigger than this. Is this what they call the transcendental? Anyways, I'm ranting a bit here but just hoping to have a thread about philosophy, books, etc, capturing this topic.

Attached: pia22335-16.jpg (1400x788, 397K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heisenberg's_uncertainty_principle
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah, I think about this sometimes. But remember, the why is irrelevant, the how is what it matters in the end.

Also, it baffles me that some people don't question why existence is a thing on a regular basis. They might have one or two existential thoughts in their life, then they move on. For me, I think existential crisis is a perpetual state that you should strive to be in and and STAY in.

god i swear Veeky Forums is an FPBP power plant

Some people live their ENTIRE LIFE, from start to end, in total darkness. Isn't that terrible?

Nah not really, I'm too busy being cripplingly depressed and wanting to die

Attached: milky way lake.jpg (2646x3835, 946K)

>Is anyone else in a constant state of awe about the fact that we exist at all?
No.

Think about it for ten fucking seconds instead of thinking about thinking about it.

Existence is clearly possible because otherwise we wouldn't exist.

In a universe where existence is possible, why are you surprised that things exist in it?

Fucking TURN ON YOUR BRAIN.

If I could translate into words the feeling which I feel now, you would agree with me and be filled with my inner calm and sense of awe. Human words are far, far too incapable of transmitting an accumulation of one's entire life experiences, which I guess is what it would take as this point to transmit what I am feeling. I truly feel what the ancients said when they meant "God-fearing". It terrifies me to be in this existence, but I love it all the same. Clay figures on this green and blue globe, half covered in shadow, half in the light of the sun. You are in the shadow now.

I understand why so many traditions and so many extremely faithful men of God spend entire days in prayer, associating every thing they see with God as so not to forget about God. To forget who you are, where you are, who's playground you are on---that is sin.

>muh existentialism

no because im not 12

I don't find your pseudposting interesting.

Say something meaningful; say it clearly and succinctly.

Otherwise don't say anything at all.

Attached: 1495050685351.jpg (1054x1378, 176K)

In short, my belief is that this is a totally false reality, and that there are certain actions you must take to get the the true reality. So, you have the choice of "enjoying things in life" and being lost in total darkness, or you can try to break out of this prison to real reality. What is your choice? Do you want to be a hedonist, and love life? Or do you want to hate this life, and out of the hate, come to love it more than any hedonist could possibly dream of enjoying life?

God operates beyond logic, beyond "simple terms". If you want to be a simpleton, stick to the world of logic and science.

Attached: 1390104625910.jpg (509x378, 111K)

>In short, my belief is that this is a totally false reality
You have no reason to believe this whatsoever. You will fail to present a reason when I ask you now. You choose to believe this because it's trendy and makes you feel intelligent, when in reality it is a baseless assumption that appeals only to idiots.

Attached: FOR FREE.jpg (613x606, 286K)

You are not ready to receive this knowledge. I am sorry.

To give you a hint, but not the full answer: God. God exists in the real, true reality. We live in a spectre of reality compared to that which He dwells. Be good with God, and you might get a chance to get a tiny glimpse of His Reality, His Vision.Or, you can become attached to this False, Corpse world which was a plaything made by God for fun. If you spend your entire life looking downward at this False world, letting emotions like anger get to you over things that happen in it, never looking upward---then you will be abandoned.

If you do not go looking for God and looking to be a good, respectable, holy and dutiful man in the eyes of God, then that is your choice to be secluded from His society.

But before you even go in the direction of God, my advice to you is to learn how to get over your anger and pride and replace them with kindness and generosity. God will not even as so much look in your direction until you overcome these obstacles. I will help you though, praying that he does look in your direction, lost soul.

Attached: KNOCK.jpg (400x497, 55K)

>This is a totally false reality because we exist and have consciousness
>Therefore there is "true" reality where this is possible
And what makes it possible here and not "there"? You are a retarded faggot and you should stop posting here and fuck off back to your /x/ or whatever brainlet shithole you have crawled from.

Attached: 1520443068663.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

>false reality
I feel this way sometimes too. Doesn't have anything to do with a God for me though. God seems too small I guess. I messed with DMT one too many times, and I've had some serious sleep disorders for as long as I can remember. I've done almost a dozen sleep studies at this point. Sometimes after I've had a particularly bad run with sleep paralysis or lucid dreaming, after I wake I just can't shake the feeling of how much more real everything felt during my sleep, or I'm reminded of a DMT trip, and I feel foggy like it's difficult to come to terms with everyday waking reality. Can't stand the idea that I'd be seeing and feeling everything so different if my bran just told me to. I hate how our brain filters shit out we don't need and I hate how small our visible spectrum is. Hate how our brain jumps the gun on sensation and reaction, like how you can trick someone into thinking they got burned with a piece of ice.

It does seem that way to me, but mostly because while I may understand the laws of physics I don't understand why they are specifically the way they are. If we ever come to understand essentially all of physics, to the extent that a physical stimulation based on our discovered properties can predict with 100% accuracy the outcomes of 100% of physical scenarios, or in other words stimulate a time slice of any part of the whole universe, could we truly find a reason for that original physical law from which all branches to exist or are we forever doomed to misinterpret it or take it as axiomatic due to the confirmation bias inherent in interpreting the metaphysics of a universe in which you are not a metabeing?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heisenberg's_uncertainty_principle
Now stop posting here.

Can you explain why you responded to user's post with this article? I've taken several course on physics and quantum physics, so from my perspective you look like an armchair quantum physicist who just posted a a link to a random physics wiki article without explaining why.

>calls user retarded while constantly swearing and posting very stupid meme images not relevant to the thread or Veeky Forums at all

Hey real brainlet, explain why you're posting those meme images on the Veeky Forums board, you look like you don't belong here. Go back to /b/ or r eddit or wherever you got these double digit IQ meme pics from.

Scientists are retarded and so are you.

Fuck off back to plebbit you stupid fucking Platonist.
FUCK OFF BACK TO PLEBBIT YOU STUPID FUCKING PLATONIST

whatd he say? post got deleted

If you had read Kant instead of dwellinv on this essentialist pseudo-scholastic nonsense, you would understand very well the nature of reality and existence, as far as a human being can. But you prefer cataracts to clear vision, so the problem is obviously not with your education, but with your deficient faculty of judgment.

This is the most intelligent post I've ever read on Veeky Forums. What do you do for a living? Surely, you're not unemployed and replying to this thread 1-2 minutes after someone responds to one of your posts like some kind of NEET who doesn't even read books, let alone have a job?

Project harder buddy.
I read much more than you
>muh jerb
kys please, neoliberal retard.

I love Kant. In particular, one of his quotes about God was very moving for me---and in particular, a very relevant feeling to the one described in this thread. You do know Kant wrote an entire book on religion, right?

>Two things fill the mind with ever-increasing wonder and awe, the more often and the more intensely the mind of thought is drawn to them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me.

-Kant

>muh kunt
Platonists are Platonists you stupid fuck.

You do know Kant wrote a whole book against this idea of "false reality," right?

>muh Platonists
I swear I've seen you post the same nugatory comments in thirty other threads

>muh platonsts r good becuz no reason lol

Why don't you provide a reason that they're "bad," since you're the one who has started screeching about them? I'm not a Platonist nor do I have much affinity for Platonism

You are praising Kant. You are a Platonist. kys

>Platonists commonly like Kant
Any train of thought to back this incredible assertion, or do you just refer everything you don't like to the philosophy of Plato?

Your brain constructs reality so it is highly false that what you are seeing is at best.... a construction of reality and not actually seeing real reality itself.

You are mentally ill and I hope you kill yourself soon

yeah haha i smoked weed once too :)

same bro