What is your favorite quote from a work of literature?

What is your favorite quote from a work of literature?

Attached: DYHh7_TXkAIAC7o[1].jpg (614x115, 11K)

>The father sniffed the air, his hands on his hips. "Is that one of those funny cigarettes?" LaVache held up the nubbin of joint and looked at it reflectively. "Sir," he said, "this is a deadly serious cigarette."

"And the whole world opened up before me because I had no dreams."

jesus christ

Attached: 1519182386625.jpg (351x351, 26K)

Fatti non foste a viver come bruti, ma per seguir virtute e canoscienza

""""""""""""""literature""""""""""""""

I didn't enjoy that quote

OP stole mine

I like this one of Kant
>Examples are the go-karts of the judgment, which he who is naturally deficient in that faculty, cannot afford to dispense with
and this one of Horace
>Quodcunque ostentis mihi sic, incredulus odi

I laughed at yours because Holy Mother of Christ I knew it was bad but not that bad

Attached: chimesatmidnight.jpg (1920x1080, 257K)

"We are what we imagine ourselves to be"
-Kurt Vonnegut

cringe

crash my pancakes golden retriever puppy my mom said

There are no facts, only interpretations.

Gross. Is the entire book just lazy pop culture, video game and internet references? I most surely can't wait for the movie.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

What does this even mean? I can just as easily keep two secrets as I can one.
What a fucking idiot.

Attached: download.png (327x68, 8K)

“Algebra applies to the clouds, the radiance of the star benefits the rose--no thinker would dare to say that the perfume of the hawthorn is useless to the constellations. Who could ever calculate the path of a molecule? How do we know that the creations of worlds are not determined by falling grains of sand? Who can understand the reciprocal ebb and flow of the infinitely great and the infinitely small, the echoing of causes in the abyss of being and the avalanches of creation? A mite has value; the small is great, the great is small. All is balanced in necessity; frightening vision for the mind. There are marvelous relations between beings and things, in this inexhaustible whole, from sun to grub, there is no scorn, each needs the other. Light does not carry terrestrial perfumes into the azure depths without knowing what it does with them; night distributes the stellar essence to the sleeping plants. Every bird that flies has the thread of the infinite in its claw. Germination includes the hatching of a meteor and the tap of a swallow's beak breaking the egg, and it guides the birth of the earthworm, and the advent of Socrates. Where the telescope ends, the microscope begins. Which of the two has a greater view? Choose. A bit of mold is a pleiad of flowers; a nebula is an anthill of stars. The same promiscuity, and still more wonderful, between the things of the intellect and material things. Elements and principles are mingled, combined, espoused, multiplied one by another, to the point that the material world, and the moral world are brought into the same light. Phenomena are perpetually folded back on themselves. In the vast cosmic changes, universal life comes and goes in unknown quantities, rolling everything up in the invisible mystery of the emanations, using everything, losing no dream from any single sleep, sowing a microscopic animal here, crumbling a star there, oscillating and gyrating, making a force of light, and an element of thought, disseminated and indivisible dissolving all, that geometric point, the self; reducing everything to the soul-atom; making everything blossom into God; entangling from the highest to the lowest, all activities in the obscurity of a dizzying mechanism, linking the flight of an insect to the movement of the earth, subordinating--who knows, if only by the identity of the law--the evolutions of the comet in the firmament to the circling of the protozoa in the drop of water. A machine made of mind. Enormous gearing, whose first motor is the gnat, and whose last is the zodiac.”

― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables

This is patently false though.

"Objection to scientific knowledge: this world doesn't deserve to be known."

Emil Cioran

but I am the centre of my universe

THE MORE SHE DRANK

“In his forty-third year William Stoner learned what others, much younger, had learned before him: that the person one loves at first is not the person one loves at last, and that love is not an end but a process through which one person attempts to know another."

John Williams

>“You will be required to do wrong no matter where you go. It is the basic condition of life, to be required to violate your own identity. At some time, every creature which lives must do so. It is the ultimate shadow, the defeat of creation; this is the curse at work, the curse that feeds on all life. Everywhere in the universe.”
>― Philip K. Dick, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

Attached: The Second Coming of Philip K. Dick.png (300x257, 91K)

it seems mostly like an 80's nostalgia circle jerk. It's a 'page-turner' I guess, but I personally picked it up as a trash feel-good read and got 90% through and stopped giving a shit.

Interesting (probably recycled) ideas about the potential future of the internet and VR tho

What a fucking faggot.

You're never required to do wrong. You're just too weak to do right.

You don't even know what " you " are as a concept

¿LE GUSTA ESTE JARDÍN?
¿QUE ES SUYO?
¡EVITE QUE SUS HIJOS LO DESTRUYAN!
- Malcolm Lowry

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 11.40.03 PM.png (1134x1086, 463K)

Great, now I'm crying.

Man up, faggot.

And so he walks on, destined forever to trod around the banana skin of fate which with but one slip will send man careening into the manhole of despair

Just like you are unable to dispense with your dumb go-kart analogies, huh, Immi?

Underrated.

What is this pearl of wisdom from?

There will be a time for that, but it's not now.

"Well, then, we must first remember that we got to this point while trying to discover what justice and injustice were like?"

- Plato, The Republic

"OP was a faggot" - anonymous

“I never see such a nigger.” - Mark Twain

when a woman calls me "sugar" I know it's time to get out

>cringy writing
People are actually hyped for that film

I am not a pyus hermit. I have not done good my whole life nor will I, but if I am to choose between one evil and another... I would rather not choose at all

"I would prefer not to." -my buddy Tyler

im not surprised a Veeky Forums pseud couldnt understand such a deep sentiment

'It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.'

Attached: 1520785268067.jpg (498x621, 66K)

kek

underrated

"bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk"

I can't find where this is from and I want to read more, for fuck's sake, user. Did you come up with it?

>Examples are the go-karts of the judgment, which he who is naturally deficient in that faculty, cannot afford to dispense with
What a mean thing to say

the book might be shit, but it might make for good entertainment.

We have heard the chimes at midnight, mister Robert Shallow.

That we have, that we have, that we have; in faith, Sir John, we have.