I was at the bookstore and I was looking to purchase Pynchon's The Crying of Lot 49...

I was at the bookstore and I was looking to purchase Pynchon's The Crying of Lot 49. The only copies of it on the shelves were the 'Where's Waldo' tier design that is inexplicably stupid.

I went and asked a guy at the desk if they had any other editions of the book because I didn't like that cover and he said "Who cares it's just a cheap paperback."

Is he right?

Attached: 613cIzvHfoL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (325x499, 76K)

I’ve found him, the pseudest pseud in the world

>caring about book covers
Nothing plebbier, Harry Potter fan-tier behaviour

He's not wrong, I own that edition and you can still physically read it wtf ???

Genuinely just get the Where's Waldo cover, OP. Nobody outside of Veeky Forums will care and it's a shame to pass up on a great book just because the cover looks a bit shit.

its plebbier to say things like: "just a cheap paperback." Like you'r describing the gunman's locker at school.

Too bad you're not near me. I saw a nice copy for $1 at the library booksale yesterday. This cover:

Attached: 2794.jpg (315x475, 31K)

>too bad you're not near me
datfeel.jpg

My local library bookstores are good to me. The stack with the Vonnegut on top is from this week, all $1 each.

Attached: newbooksIMGP0038.jpg (1500x640, 244K)

Against the Day hardcover for $1? I'm jealous. I'm not American but the last time I was there (Texas) I went to all the Half Price Books stores and all the Pynchon's were $5 and up, even Inherent Vice. The M&D and GR hardcovers would go for about $8 or 9 second hand

Not only is he right, those covers are apt as fuck and if you're worried people will judge you for reading something that looks like that, just drop the pynch altogether and go read some self-important shit like roth or hemmingway or whatever

I have this and the margins aren't even justified.

>but the cover is not prettyyyyyy :((((

Attached: 1520542599763.jpg (645x729, 57K)

Oh, I'm in Canada (Toronto). We're nicer here.

I live in Texas, I never thought to check out local bookstores but yeah, HPB is pretty pricey. Haven't shopped there in years.
I live in walking distance to a Dollar Tree that has had copies of Inherent Vice (in paperback, with the movie poster as the cover) for a dollar, kicking myself for not picking it up.

I know that feel OP
I bit the bullet and bought that edition both for V. and for TCoL49.
I was hesitant because a chart told me that those editions had blurry text on top of the Waldo cover.
I don’t mind the cover as much as I did the text. It is blurry as fuck all.
Sometimes you’ve just got to accept shitty cards in life.

Sup OP?

Attached: 767226C9-1AB9-4522-A457-655F8626F1AE.jpg (1536x2048, 941K)

Just go online

I ordered both the first edition copy of Gravitys Rainbow and the UK anniversary rainbow one because i wanted them :/ didnt even like the book as much as i thought

50 cents. Also Bantam Classic GR and V. Wish there were Bantam pockets of the other ones.
He's right - it doesn't really matter - but wrong about one thing: once you decide you don't care what it looks like, why would you ever buy new?

Attached: IMG_9679.jpg (3264x2448, 1.65M)

Are you british? These covers suck.

Vonnegut is not worth it.

Which one you didn't like? Lot 49 or Rainbow?

>not buying the cheapest copy available and drawing your own covers

i have that one too, it's pretty cool

Saw that same cover at a bookstore in Tokyo, both I and the qt I was with were horrified at it. Their cover of V. was also equally hideous.

pls be in DONDON

I heard some of these have a weird blur in the text

Was Oedipaa black? I don't remember if it was mentioned in the book

She wasn't.

They are terrible books from cover to contents. Pynchon deserves better.

No, she was jewish