Will he make it in time?

Will he make it in time?

Attached: george martin.jpg (1022x1200, 218K)

Doubt it. but hope so.

#rick

hello

>Cause of death: Morbid obesity
Must feel bad.

He waits for the rise of AI, so that an artsy AI can finsh his mess for him

I fucking hope not.

He already wrote it but the show makes more money so he's waiting until it's over.

I feel like HBO are fucking him over in releasing the last two books. Probably has Winds finished already but can't say anything until before the last season of GOT premiers. Bet you that's what HBO are planning to release both Winds and the last season at the same time. There will probably be some sort of announcement for Spring once the show is over.

no he will not

Hi George. You’re a money who’re who is also a shitty hack. Stop blaming everyone else and admit the truth.

He's not even pretending to try anymore so the answer is a definitive No.

Not if the book finishes the fat fuck first

I think the big hold up on TWOW is that he's basically writing it in tandem with ADOS. For all the other books, he was running with whatever threads he left himself from the previous book and just needed a general idea of what he wanted to do in the next. Now he only has one book to follow, so there's hardly any wiggle room left. He needs to plot everything that's going to happen in Winds and Dream at the same time. So if he's run into some problem on the scale of the Meereenese Knot, it's almost automatically doubled in size. The upside is, though, once (if) TWOW is finished, he'll just have to fill in the blanks on ADOS. I predict less than two years between their publications--screenshot this.

Attached: 1503726604846.jpg (635x648, 171K)

FAT
P
I
N
KMAST

Lmao
I remember when I moved into this stage of grief

Just kill all complications and be done with it lole

What was Robert's tax policy?

Before the store closes? Seems like he manages to every night.

There is no way this fat nigga lives through writing two 1000+ page books

The fat fuck will keel over, and die of a stroke by the end of the decade.

Check'em

Yes and besides all the books are finished. He's either putting them off because he hates the normies that watch GoT, or his editor is putting them off for business reasons, or HBO is paying him not to release them yet

This. He's got to have been finished with all of the books for years

I'm genuinely optimistic, but apparently GRRM has committed the cardinal sin of our times: making millenials wait. So now I get to hear every butthurt book reader explain how he doesn't care anymore, or how he's already finished TWOW and is putting off releasing it for whatever reason, or hasn't even started it, or just likes to make us suffer, or his word processor caught on fire, or won't release it to spite Weiss and Beniof and the show watchers, &c &c. The only legitimate concern to me is that he dies or has a stroke or something before it's finished.

will they ?

Attached: q0rufvs3dwluxyqnlfgt.jpg (800x450, 56K)

More zombie polar bears more Ed Sheeran, let's give the people what they really want

Fat FPINK Kmast?

>making millenials wait
At least it keeps the normies from moving on to the next media franchise that you love, and ruin it like the plague of locusts that they are, for the time being.

>Martin's characters are multifaceted, each with intricate pasts, aspirations, and ambitions.
How true is this

I doubt it.

A Song of Ice and Fire was never meant to be finished.
That was literally the entire point he was trying to make, and everyone missed it.

The series is about how events from the past shape peoples' lives decades, even centuries after the fact. And history is a never ending story with no beginning and no end.

It was always his intention from the beginning to never finish it and always leave fans debating how the story will end. If he does this, he will go down as a fucking legend exponentially more than if he actually finished the series.
If the series get finished, then there is no more debate and all the questions will be answered. And where is the fun in that?

sorta
gay

The show is nothing like the books. The story and ending of the books is going to extremely different to the show.

George's wife hinted that in the books R+L=J isn't true which would explain why GRRM let the showrunners make the show after giving him their answer on who they thought was Jon's mother.

I hope this is true because the show is awful now. I'm not even a big fan of the books, I just like the overarching story.

He won't go down as a legend he'll go down as a decent fantasy writer.

His books are low culture and that never survives the test of time. It's why Tolkien will be talked about long after GRRM is forgotten.

Swordman number 13 dying before swordman number 6 has no relevance past the arbitrary enumerative formality of swordman 13 dying before swordman 6.

does it matter since it's no longer written by him but a team of writers and focus groups?

I hope not

Do you know what an open ending is?

He was close to being finished in 2016 but because GRRM is an impulsive writer he decided to give an unplanned major plot twist for a number of characters. This plot twist created ripples in the larger story so he had to do rewrites.

This is the real reason

>George's wife hinted that in the books R+L=J isn't true which would explain why GRRM let the showrunners make the show after giving him their answer on who they thought was Jon's mother.
where?

>Will he make it in time?

For the McDonalds breakfast menu?

I was on the verge of dropping this book when I reached halfway through a storm of swords until based GRRM introduced the new qt husbando character named Satin
>literally used to fall asleep in jon snow chapters
>now looking forward to them because of Satin
Also the plot twists that ensued soon after with Joffrey's death, Sansa's escape and the events with Barristan the bold and Jorah.

nope

His books are unironically garbage, his world-building is complete trash and his writing is mediocre at best. Only normies got into that shit.

>They didn't include him in the show
criminal.

Attached: tumblr_p22wbqt86u1qbawp4o1_540.jpg (540x600, 146K)

Just read about the War of the Roses.

Reminder Daenerys will marry both Aegon and The Tattered Prince, who is also a Targaryen.

is this what die hards tell themselves every night? Isn;t it possible he hasn't even started ADOS?

How long did it take him again to release a dance with dragons before the show was even up and running? He's known for this sort of thing.

And how well were those last 2 books received? he's not a good writer under duress. which he has more now than ever.

Books 4 and 5 are unironically the best books in the series though.
If you had to make a list of the 10 best chapters in the series, like 6 of them would be from AFFC.

no he is too busy being the most advanced man in the universe. . . .

And they would be?

I don't think he'll reliably finish them with the immense pressure being put on him right now.
Can't blame him, readerbase is a bunch of cucks and impatient ungrateful amerimutt mongoloids.

no

>His books are low culture
Top kek

For fantasy? Easily very much the case.
For literature in general? Probably slightly above average but nothing special.

The chapter where Doran reveals his master plan, the chapter where Cersei holds the small council meeting and finds out the realm is falling apart, the chapter where Brienne hears the septon's speech, and the chapter where Sam arrives in Oldtown and meets Marwyn.

Only 4, but still some amazing moments.

This. The chapter where Euron captures the Shields Island is probably my favorite

I hope DARKSTAR has a bigger role in the last two books desu.

he finished them long go but decided to wait for the show to get big to boost the sales.

Few years ago I started reading A Song of Ice and Fire. I finished A Game of Thrones and I liked it. Then I started A Clash of Kings. It was good.
But I started reading something else, then something else and finally I abandoned the series thinking some day I will give it another chance.

Anyway, is it worth reading rest of the books in 2018? Let's say, I would begin anew reading second one (to remind me who is who). Are subsequent parts good? Are they worth the hype tv series is making?

Attached: cq5dam.web.1200.675.jpg (1200x675, 43K)

Am I the only here hoping he dies before he finishes the series? That would hilarious. Only the beginning of the series seems interesting anyway and we can guess how it's gonna end

Stop reading Game of Thrones.

Start reading them from the beginning only if the winds of winter release date is announced. They are worth the read but maybe not the wait.

The last 2 books are just bloated af, he just builds everything up with no payoff. The guy is supposedly in the second half of his series and still introducing tons of new POV characters