I really hate this guy, but I'm getting intrigued by the word of mouth regarding his book. Any anons read this?

I really hate this guy, but I'm getting intrigued by the word of mouth regarding his book. Any anons read this?

>le postmodernism
>make your bed

Attached: jobitchpe.jpg (1664x2560, 202K)

Other urls found in this thread:

currentaffairs.org/2018/03/the-intellectual-we-deserve
youtu.be/AwXAB6cICG0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anything that helps bury
> le postmodernism
is fine by me.

Its great.

I see someone who didn't make his bed this morning

While Peterson is worth reading, you should read Jung and Baudrillard beforehand

I've read a lot of Jung, and I'm not really interested in reading some French man. I'd rather read what I want to read instead of reading everything before hand.

bait.

Not really, but I'd like that PDF

At least read Baudrillard's Wikipedia page and about Simulation and Simulacra as it helps explains why Peterson's ideas are so maligned in the era of hyperreality.

Yeah Maps of Meaning is great my friend.

I’ve been aware for a while now that a lot of people hate this guy and I finally watched a few interviews and he doesn’t seem that crazy. What’s the hate? Is it just because he refuses to use weird pronouns?

Haven't read it.. about a year ago I watched all his maps of meaning stuff, then more recently the biblical lectures. It is pretty hard to argue his conclusions about the life lessons that can be derived from all these old stories, I felt inspired at the time.
Now, idk, I don't hate the guy like some people here do... at least he is spreading some ideas single-handedly that the entire new-right hasn't been capable of so far. The stodgy traditionalism is not really for me, though I can see how it is useful for a lot of people/
There are probably better books for self help, or good supplements to 12 rules, pic related.

Attached: 9781400069286_custom-401a0d258f36abc0afccb673d3bab1de7926e20e-s6-c30.jpg (948x1440, 47K)

It's easy to hate Peterson based on the circle jerking cunts that now constitute his fanbase but the book really isn't bad, nothing groundbreaking but it was an interesting enough read for me personally.

But honestly one glance into the community surrounding him on the net and it seems to be just a bunch of cunts who want to fit into a group unironically posting pictures of their clean rooms memeing about lobsters.

well its more because people attack the right by attacking him since he is an advocate of freedom of speech. Basically any friend of right ringers is an enemy of the left regardless of how sensible he truly is.

His science is "racist, and sexist", which is the greatest crime, especially if you have a large audience - he is an existential threat to leftist domination of thought, or so that is how they seem to see him.

It's basically a condensed pic related with some neuroscience and jungian psychodynamic thrown in.

Attached: what_i_read.png (1200x470, 451K)

I have a hard time taking the man seriously as all the people I've met that've talked about him are either narcissist or self-hating pseudo-intellectuals.

I was thinking about picking up the book since I've been struggling with getting out of bed, being productive, and avoiding simple pleasures. Do you think this might be an okay entry-point for change?

It's a good book with fun tangents to explore.

Like said it is honestly a decent book and yes it is a self-help book so there is a chance you might find some guidance or motivation from it.
Just a shame that his followers have such little self-awareness they cant see the hypocrisy in making someone like JBP a god figure. I see people making religiously inspired fan art of him and then making that their wallpaper on their phone.

I like to pretend that the ones who do it do it ironically. The rest are sheep.

Yeah this. The book itself isn't bad. It reads nice and easy too.

it's only an entry point for change if you're actually willing to make a change and realize it won't be easy.

better than your life now though probably

This reminds me of Nietzsche but Peterson doesn't seem to mind being a Christ figure.

It's hard to tell really because often he talks about not worshipping ideologies and thinking of them as perfect and being willing to be corrected etc...
But at the same time, he will happily sign fan art of him being depicted as a perfect golden god I'm not sure if he is just too nice or too flattered in person to put a person down for such things or he really doesn't mind.

Attached: eh.png (180x195, 137K)

is Petes literally a Christ-like figure?

>I really hate this guy,

give me one good reason that doesn't boil down to the fact that he happens to not be a leftist.

My own personal jesus

Brainlet here, can someone please explain Baudrillard to me? I can't make shit of his wikipedia articles.

This. 12 rules is more like... fucking self help book. That part when he goes on about
>hurr lets wash dish good boy
>durr get coffeebu deserve good boy
made me roll my eyes. But then again, it's an ok introduction to maps of meaning. Also, he's got a short essay on his website that he wrote for some encyclopedia that's also good.

1. How do you even sum up Maps?
2. The psychology of children doing basic tasks is both amusing and informative

1. It's an introduction as in makes you want to read it. Not as in shortened condensed version.
2. I didnt mean that part. I meant the how to treat yourself part.

>mannerisms
>twitter behaviour
>uh thats it
I fucking mean it he should quit that hellhole.

Out of the 3 things I like about him, his twitter shitposting is easily the best part. Savage motherfucker with just enough lack of awareness to make it tasty.

I'm not really an authority on this and I'm sure I'll be corrected, but basically, as cultures modernize, symbols traditionally employed to represent a meaningful reality begin to take a life of their own until the symbol becomes the "meaningful reality."

Compare a living frog to a renaissance painting of a frog to a frog shaped bath toy to Pepe the Frog.

Any links to his ebooks?

Maps of meaning is on his website as a pdf.
12 Rules is probably

What're the other two?

How he pronounces everything all canadian and his unerring discipline with regard to his published research.

Yeah his accent is cool.
>unerring
Eeeeeeeh. It's just a question of time before he messes something up. Also, the endless interviews don't help either, where he can be guided to topics he's no expert on (see: Vice, that Frozen is propaganda stuff, or when they showed him pictures of Pepe etc)

Read it three times.

Attached: C1948CBD-B94E-48F1-A16E-5414377FF294.jpg (4032x3024, 2.53M)

This is his list of reccomended books. Gaze upon it and weep.

Attached: QILEazx.jpg (351x828, 71K)

People on the left hate him because he's a traditionally-minded guy, a classical liberal, who refuses to use government-compelled gender neutral pronouns to address trans people. They also just hate him because he's a white male who advocates for freedom of speech and free expression, and speaks out for individualism instead of identity politics.

People on the (far) right hate him because he continuously bashes ethnonationalism (right wing identity politics) without ever actually debating the issue with people who have offered to debate him (Richard Spencer, Millennial Woes, etc.) Meanwhile Peterson routinely calls people who refuse to debate him cowards, so he's a bit of a hypocrite there. Also it is obvious that he knows a lot of stuff about race and IQ and certain influential...religious...minorities, but refuses to say anything with any weight on these subjects, despite going on and on and on about "tell the truth! no matter what!"

Why are those bad books? Reading any of those would expand your mind and your thinking. This is /b/ tier 'stop liking what I don't like!' Knowledge is knowledge and that list of books is perfectly reasonable.

Damn senpai that's like 36 rules

The Old Man and the Sea is literally the best book on that list. And it is the only reason I actually respect any ounce of him.

They're 95% entry level highschool books. Not necessarily bad, but not that great either. it's like he googled most read books by people age 16-20 and made a list of them.

kek not only this, but the only philosophy he reccomends is nietzche, reccomending only him is a very obvious sign of pleb

>his science
lol

>only philosophy he recommends is Nietzsche
This is typical of someone who brags about their IQ

Attached: bloom.jpg (360x360, 30K)

So far as I can surmise his preoccupation with Neechuh is on the psychological level, being that he Peterson is a psychologist, because Nietzsche was the philosopher to predict the tens of millions of deaths in the 20th century that would occur from people trying and failing to create their own values outside of religiosity. So for Peterson he's a bit of a prophet for lack of a less sensational word, and especially within Peterson's sphere of influence (his course study and book MoM are both to do with how people come to have the values they do) he is the paramount philosopher to take into consideration. Also I would figure since he studies Jung and Jung cites Nietzsche a lot too, it's could've even just been his breadth (or lack) of exposure.

>all that Viz Media on the shelf above

Fuck Peterson show us your manga collection, friendo

Seen him on JRE; powerful- don't know about the self help path. Stick 2 philosophy, Peterson.

>The will to power
Anglos

>Emily is his favourite Brontë

Fuck the intro to alt-right retardation shenanigans - what an absolute faggot.

Attached: Anne_Brontë_by_Patrick_Branwell_Brontë_restored.jpg (704x1024, 315K)

>Stendhal
>bad

okay, fag.

fucking retard

Currently reading.

>but the only philosophy he reccomends is nietzche, reccomending only him is a very obvious sign of pleb
Or maybe the entire platform of Peterson is mass appeal and trying to motivate them into higher learning? Nietzche isn't very hard to understand and is extremely important in terms of influence on modern thought.

Why wouldn't Peterson only recommend Nietzche? I've heard him mention others like Kierkegaard and Hegel, but if people were to start with something it ought to be Nietzche

Who exactly are these books being recommended to? People who don't read? Do we really need Peterson to "recommend" Hemingway, Orwell, Dostoevsky, etc? These authors are all widely known and probably encountered in high school. Nothing wrong with the books but the only thing that lends this list a shred of uniqueness is the inclusion of a few hardboiled novels (and even then they are literally the three most well known novels in the hardboiled detective idiom). Recommending Nietzsche in a vacuum without other philosophers is also a complete joke. This list is so basic and safe that it genuinely triggers me.

>Nietzche isn't very hard to understand
>if people were to start with something it ought to be Nietzche
Is this supposed to be bait? Everyone always wants to start with N bc edgy nihilist meme and he is probably one of the worst places to start re philosophy. If you think he is "easy to understand" I doubt you understand him.

Postmodernism literally appeals to intellectually shallow looking for easy solutions. It's a swamp

>Nietzche isn't very hard to understand
This is how you end up with a legion of drooling american retards repeating "muh shlave morality" ad nauseam. This is how the Ayn Rands are created.

>If you think he is "easy to understand" I doubt you understand him.
I like you. Still, N is better than the other memes like Stirner or Derrida

i like watching videos of smart people explaining things to me im a neet so i have lots of free time and peterson talks about people like me so i like him

Attached: 1494182292446.gif (369x251, 446K)

This and everyone here is too much of a brainlet to understand it.

these NEETs they are the only of their flock who shall be saved in the days of judgement

>Everyone always wants to start with N bc edgy nihilist meme and he is probably one of the worst places to start re philosophy. If you think he is "easy to understand" I doubt you understand him.
Yes, Nietzche is easy compared to other big news authors. Doesn't mean he is objectively easy but hey I guess you and
We're too stupid to figure out that I wasn't saying Nietzche was objectively easy, just easier for people who don't know much about philosophy trying to carve their way into higher learning.

>This list is so basic and safe that it genuinely triggers me.
Yeah because ITS SUPPOSED TO BE BASIC YOU ELITIST TWAT , the entire reason Peterson is popular is because he is trying to popularize higher learning, so people who aren't well read can make steps to becoming well read.

Fuck off you smarmy cunt

>Ayn Rand was a Russian Jew who immigrated to the US
>Implying Americans don't understand Nietzche
Fucks sake, maybe go to Veeky Forums?

I haven’t seen anything obnoxious from his fan base... maybe a couple of over the top defences of some criticisms of him. I feel like it’s cool to shit on him as if he’s intellectually baron without actually criticising anything he’s said or argued for specifically. The people who do that are the most irritating in my mind. It’s the problem with the whole brainlet meme and similar “look at this guy” responses to anything thought out on Veeky Forums. It’s plain begging the question.

>Fuck elitists!!!!!! Muh common man!!!!
>Recommends Nietzsche
>just easier for people who don't know much about philosophy
nope
>Ayn Rand was a Russian Jew who immigrated to the US
Nice reading comprehension
>Implying Americans don't understand Nietzche
They don't. Muh shlaveh mooralitee

>Thinking Nietzche is hard
>Thinking Nietzche was an elitist
>Anti-American Veeky Forums posting because hurr Durr American are dumb ROFL!!1!
Graduate anytime plz

>Nietzsche wasn't an elitist
Case in point, Americans are dumb.

there is literally nothing wrong with this list

>Nietzche was an elitist because he was anti-egalitarian
>as if the point of Nietzche wasn't a call for the masses and the elite among them to grow beyond the intellectual heritage that Christianity had created in Europe and strive for higher morality
>Which memerson is trying to initiate by stimulating higher learning among the masses
Nietzche' advocacy of aristocratic ideals being pursued by others wasn't directed towards noblemen you pleb lol.

Attached: 1507979717593.png (211x239, 4K)

You missed literally the whole point of Beyond Good and Evil + Geneology of Morals

It took you 8 minutes to churn out this garbage post? Go reread Nietzsche and try to understand the broader context of what he said instead of being a brainlet American who takes everything at face value and please improve your reading comprehension skills, they're severely lacking.

>But to reveal my entire heart to you, my friends: if there were gods, how could I stand not to be a god! Therefore there are no gods

It tool you ten minutes to espouse this garbage?
>I'm the one taking things at face value
Oh come on now, you can't be serious? You're the one calling Nietzche an elitist and *I'm* the one taking what he says at face value? Well it's good to know Eurofags can be just as stupid as people over here
>Allow me to give you a quote with no context
Lmao, how about you read something for once instead of circlejerk on a leddit philosophy channel?

Do you think Nietzche is a nihilist as well Mr Reddit?

>leftists hate him! click here to find out why

desu he is one of the greater minds of the current year. but there have been many greater than him and I'm looking forward to see the greater minds that will emerge in the future

> I really hate this guy
>le postmodernism

You aren't intelligent enough to understand what he is saying anyway. Go listen to another easily digestible theory regurgitated to you by your equally idiotic sociology " professor ".

Zizeks article diagnosed the situation rather well if you don't read it as an attempted challenge to peterson.

>he is one of the greater minds of the current year.
>this is what peterson fanboys actually believe

he's a pseud, thats all.
ignore the buttblasted queer and nazi ideologues.

Attached: 1517208421435.gif (480x480, 2.56M)

Peterson's writing is useful to read as an exercise in evaluating the standard of your own education by seeing how well you are able to identify his numerous errors.

This bugs me the most about Peterson. I unironically think he's great, but the fact that he won't even talk with someone like Richard Spencer while continuing to denounce any and all forms of collectivism is BS.

The family is a collective unit, Peterson surely isn't against the family acting, as a whole, in their best interests is he?

I see nothing wrong with the list. It resembles the required reading stuff I had to read in high school. Nothing special, or extraordinarily enlightening, Rather, a bit plebeian and average, at best. Somehow, I was expecting much more from the alt-righ,t rock star, philosopher king.

read this
currentaffairs.org/2018/03/the-intellectual-we-deserve

So like how manga/anime characters get more and more degenerate (moe, tsudere...) with each generation using the previous one as reference instead of doing it like in the good old times and try to mimic real inter-human relationships and people.

But what does this have to do with Peterson being maligned? Because he wants to go back?

> Nathan 'Soy' Robinson

>takes BrainSoyPlus
>calls others soy boys

Collectivism in family is a big part of why black communities are such a mess. It good for families to stick together, but not to blindly do so to the point where it destroys the community around them.

Should I read Wurthering Heights before or after Jane Eyre?

He's a soft fascist piece of shit who believes in "human nature" and neuronormativity.
At first he may seem like a reasonable man who just want young people to be mentally healthier but then you realize that neuronormativity is bullshit and nobody is more healthier than anybody else.
>His science
Psychology is a pseudo-science. You know that, right?

This is the best counterarticle sofar. James Lindsay wrote a good one, too.

>we-deserve
Come on. That's buzfeed tier.

What's good about that article? It's just someone who doesn't like Peterson, for some reason.
Wow, saying that statements in a self-help book are truisms or trivial... that's no argument. Of course, a motivational text will be some straight forward statements that you mostly know already - nothing wrong with composing such a text like that. Peterson is also pop-science to some extent, as in he goes on tangents discussing biological research findings and such. And then he goes to quote the bible and makes conclusions and guidelines like any preacher. Nothing wrong with that.

Why is it even so mysterious that Peteron is likes? To me it just seems that right-winged ideology has its perks and Peterson is somebody you can accept even when having gone through left-winged brainwashing all you live. It's literally right-light. The conservative parts. Father figure meme.

Here's an actual takedown that pins down his hypocrisy/weakness to a point:

youtu.be/AwXAB6cICG0

Attached: can't wake up.jpg (1000x1504, 1M)

I've read it and he fails to realize the true meaning of Deleuze's body without organs at page 14. Stopped reading there.

No youre right. Fedoralord has to wait for me tho. Its 2 in the morning here

same, 1:55, Vienna calling

Attached: carauto.jpg (1000x667, 152K)