Physical books are better than digita-

>physical books are better than digita-

Attached: IMG_20180314_170409437.jpg (3120x4160, 3.4M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OawrlVoQqSs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The digital vs physical debate is childish and almost useless. Ereaders were not meant to make physical books obsolete. It's supposed to facilitate reading.

youtube.com/watch?v=OawrlVoQqSs

Ten years from now the e reader will be obsolete.

what sort of e-reader is that? and while i'm asking does user know of any other e-readers in general that can compete with/are superior to apple products?

That looks like a Lenovo tablet, not an e-reader.

Arguably, but I work on a computer all day and frequently get red, irritated eyes as a result. I'm sure as shit not going to sit and stare at a tablet screen for hours. Paper and e-ink don't affect eyes nearly as much as current LCD screens, but in 10 years there may be new screen technology.

What's this? What does it prove?

that e-ink is better than tablets or books.

l

I use my Paper White in public a lot. Am I a douche?

-l.

Why is this trend of not finishing your own greentexted sentences so popular?

it's a sarcasm meme thing. the poster writes something, then the picture happens, for example, and it ends because the poster suddenly doesn't believe in what he's writing any longer

Pythagoreanism is legit my mane

I read that page a couple days ago. Then I saw this post and honestly thought I had brain-meltingly realistic dejavú, then I read the words and realized I really had read the page before. Great fucking book. Viewing the numbers graphically like that really helped me understand why odd numbers were masculine for the Greeks. I would think even=more ordered=Logos=masculine, but viewed graphically the odd numbers appear to have more order (square vs. Rectangle). Anyway, great book, enjoy

>tablet

Absolutely disgusting.

You that nigga that didnt upgrade to the reading wheel yet? Pffffff

lmaooooooooooooo this nigga wildin AIGHTTTT

BET

fpbp

ereaders are better because you can annotate with permanently fucking with the book or use faggot sticky notes

Physical book paired with a free E-book version should be the standard

>but in 10 years there may be new screen technology.
they're working on color e-ink, and some groups are trying to use that to replace the standard lcd screens in tablets and laptops and shit.

e-ink (or crystal or whatever the fuck the color ver. is called) is pretty up there in terms of superior screen tech. I'd say I couldn't think of a better option, but I guess that's kind of the point.

There is actually no evidence that ebook readers are easier on the eyes than tablet screens, it's just opinions
I'm increasingly convinced it's a shitty scam given how expensive some of these things are

I like physical books because if I can find somewhere quiet I can pretend I don't live in the modern world.

I don't know what world I would imagine myself living in. Perhaps Narnia.

as someone who has kindle paperwhite of the most recent gen I have some problems. You can't navigate the same way you can with a real book. It's cumbersome in flipping around from place to place. Outside of that its pretty cool. It lived up to its name and got me to read a lot more

desu this is the strongest hidden positive of ereaders. No one gives a fuck if you read with an ereader, catty little bitches will get uppity if you a physically book though. Not that you should be giving a fuck what those people think either way

This.
How is anything other than that acceptable?

I find myself reading more and more on my phone. It's compact, always on me, let's me play music to put the in the reading mood, and I can easily access my library from the cloud.

My personal experience says e-ink is easy on the eyes

>opinions

I dont know how you can compare a non-backlit ereader screen to pc or phone screens.

first off, empirical evidence is still evidence.
secondly, pretty sure you're fucking wrong,
thirdly, that there's a rich bitch version of a product is not a goddamn argument.
you can buy a $900 pizza, Does that mean people who say pizza tastes good are just shilling?

The printed vs handwritten debate is childish and almost useless. Printed books were not meant to make handwritten books obsolete. It's supposed to facilitate reading.

I don’t think you can seriously equate the two conditions. Clearly typed is better than handwritten print, but an ebook is more or less designed to emulate the features of a physical book as much as it can with additional features. I’m unsure what point you’re trying to prove.