Does anyone actually use cursive anymore?

Does anyone actually use cursive anymore?

Attached: Cursive.svg.png (1500x1200, 199K)

I connect my letters but I don't use crazy shit like that Z

Me

Me

Everyone living in eastern europe.

I recently realized it's the cyrillic cursive z (з). I wonder how it entered into the western writing.

Yes

Sometimes.

Attached: IMG_20180131_233029.jpg (3968x2240, 2.32M)

I do, if I have to write quickly.

I did all through middleschool, printed in highschool onwarsd, but over time I've noticed my letters are transitioning into cursive. Most of them, at least. It's a sort of weird hybrid at this point.

I learned in elementary school and used it all through grade school. As an undergrad I stopped and wrote in print. Now, as a graduate student, I've found myself using cursive again. It's just faster and easier to write. Plus, cursive can't be beat for aesthetics.

Much more comfortable way to write desu

They're both derived from greek.

Cursive is entirely useless after learning some form of shorthand.

Was secretarial school expensive?

I do because I use a fountain pen.

speed:
italics > print > cursive
aesthetics
cursive > print > italics

I taught myself to write. It used to be taught in public schools before everything got dumb.

even the people who write in cursive dont write in cursive. its just an excuse to write like shit and not fully spell out words

I do.

t. third worlder

>Italics
What? I assume you don't mean this

Attached: cal59.jpg (334x392, 49K)

I did want to learn to write like this once upon a time, but I found that even once I had gotten it to look nice and been at it for quite a while, it was simply too slow to be practical.

Attached: Erasmus,_Letter_to_George,_Duke_of_Saxony-1.jpg (1565x2258, 654K)

You mean cracker runes? No one uses them anymore.

no, at least nobody under 25.

i write in print but have adapted a few strats from cursive to improve speed while maintaining a semblance of legibility

This is why I hate cursive.

i'm 23 and have used it all my life since having handwriting lessons when i was about 6y/o.

I don't use cursive, but I lament the proliferation of san-serif fonts.

Basically everyone in Brazil only writes in cursive

I use sütterlin cursive but for English, completely illegible

As an insect, I believe in specialization.

But its also seen as a "feminine" thing. Every girl in here has the exact same cursive round calligraphy. Men write differently from person to person, but using print calligraphy is kind of "impolite" or gives an impression that youre illiterate or something

I do, but I don't capitalize shit because fuck it

I write in cursive. I get compliments often but I think it's horid

fyi like 50% of people cant read cursive

Don't you ever write your signature?

I use cursive most and prefer it immensely. If I have to write something for dumb-dumbs to read, I use all caps block lettering.

>not owning a Personal Dict-o-Phone Deluxe

I get the
>wow user, with writing like that you could be a doctor or a lawyer!
from time to time because of my cursive. Its more or less unreadable to anyone but me. The asian students in my class seem to be impressed by it sometimes thougg

You're so funny

Is there application software available to enable that function on one of Bruce Bethke's Personal Information Managers?

>learning cursive
>using cursive

This meme is so fucking dumb. Cursive isn't something you force yourself to do, it just suddenly happens when you write too fast.

My community college poly sci notes

Learned cursive in french school around 3rd grade

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 1.83M)

I do cus it's faster

The earliest curly-bottom "z" shape in the Latin alphabet is the Insular Majuscule (6th C Ireland), which was something of an artistic elaboration on the squiggly-bottomed Roman uncial and half-uncial z's of earlier centuries.

The Insular Majuscule form had an influence on the Insular and Saxon Minuscules and the English "Artificial Uncial" from the 7th to 10th centuries, but we're still talking about a glyph with a flat top.

The proper "ȝ" shape really only emerged in the Middle Ages, in the Gothic/Textura hands, as a conflation of minuscule "z", Middle English "ȝ" (the letter "yogh," used to make what we would now call the "y" semi-vowel and both the voiced and voiceless fricatives that became silent "gh" in Modern English, the glyph itself ultimately descended from half-uncial or roman minuscule cursive "g" via Insular majuscule/minuscule, again see pic related), and a very similarly-shaped Latin abbreviation mark from which the modern semi-colon is partly derived, e.g. qȝ = quia.

From the Middle Ages onward, then, the Gothic texturas had a "ȝ" shaped z as a variation, and the Bastarda hands (Gothic cursives) used this almost exclusively because it's faster. Secretary hands derived from Bastardas were one of the two main direct influences (along with Italic/Humanist/Chancery cursive) on modern cursive.

>derived from greek
kys ignoramus

Attached: stock-vector-insular-majuscule-619446305.jpg (1322x1600, 376K)

Mostly. People are surprised when I do this. I had to mix some of the letters with non-cursive though, so professors can understand it.

I do italics because I write on shitty rip-happy paper at work. Less retracing, less ripping or ink saturation.

I write my own notes/thoughts in cursive, but I print everything that I expect someone else to read so that there aren't any miscommunications.

Why is writing in cursive synonymous with writing illegible nonsense for so many people? Fucking do it properly shitheads.

Legibility is king.

Attached: 7nmvnnpxhzi01.jpg (3024x4032, 822K)

You're wasting paper writing like that.

looks like shit senpai

>GLOBALIZATION

Attached: 1513488830843.jpg (605x531, 32K)

I don't use cursive when I write in English, but I always do when I write in Russian.