Do you read as an act of self-improvement or an act of leisure?

Do you read as an act of self-improvement or an act of leisure?

Attached: 1520959566623.jpg (879x1312, 255K)

>implying they are not the same thing
stay stressed, western society

Attached: zhuangzi.jpg (717x508, 45K)

por que no los dos?

¿Porqué no los dos?
Aprenda español, perro jijueputa

both.

Attached: Olenka Horbatsch.jpg (540x960, 62K)

bitch fuck your hypothetical

this

I'm too depressed to aspire to improvement and too anxious to rest in leisure.

Great post senpei

>¿Porqué?
What a fucking retard.

i read because I'm stupid and need things spelled out for me. i've slowly lost intuitive learning.

Fucking jezebel posters

Both, obviously

^

The obvious split is that non fiction is for improvement and fiction is for pleasure. But there are some times where it switches. History books can be hilarious when they tell stories of great leaders fucking up. Some fiction resonates with you after you finish reading it and you come out a better person.

stop posting females.

>¿Porqué
>jijueputa
tipico chicano.

my eyes must gaze upon this lady in real life or my life is for naught

as the other dude said por que no los dos. i just like human expression, its fun to see what people are talking about

Attached: Funhaus Elyse WE LOVE DEATH Open Haus #64.webm (830x990, 2.59M)

Disgusting
Ill wager the most intellectual thing shes read was a "what do he think after le sexx xDDD" article in cosmopolitan

>self-improvement

Attached: 12rfw.jpg (1455x703, 176K)

HIGH tier fpbp

Attached: 1518305296636-lit.jpg (960x540, 21K)

Mainly for leisure. I radically altered my diet 2 years ago after reading How Not to Die by Michael Gregor, if that counts.

Not purely either (though sometimes basically just one or the other). I read because it's an aesthetic thing that I can experience, see beauty/truth in it that I don't in all if the same ways in life.

The leisure/entertainment and self-improvement purposes seem a bit denigrating to the self or the work, respectively.

>tfw so emotionally sensitive a simply webm of a pretty woman just making random silly faces makes you happy

Attached: Funhaus Elyse WE GIVE YOU STDs Open Haus #44.webm (530x620, 1.19M)

seems pretty normal desu, i think if it affect you, then you'd be easily diagnosed with the 'tism

Attached: Funhaus Elyse 01.webm (480x270, 161K)

At this point I read to stay mentaly stable.

speaking of the 'tism...

To keep the ability of articulating my ideas the way I want to, in order to not being enslaved by the unknown.

hahaha you mean autism lmao? thats a funny ass terminology

good shit, dubs confirm

Not every act of leisure is an act of self-improvement

Read as an addiction. Stimulates receptors and fires neurochemcials.

he’s dreaming he’s Laozi watching him dream

Attached: for you.jpg (1280x720, 33K)

Attached: jodie foster.gif (320x240, 1.58M)

I never liked reading, meaning I would rather do something else to have fun, but I see it as very important in ones life

FPBP

Reading is my drug, but so is alcohol and caffeine and nicotine and cannabis too tbqh senpaidesudesu

Now this is comfy

i never understood why people post dumb thots on a christian and literature board.

Attached: 5bb32c35d569e1b269a290cd868d0b7f791f69349d230346b0ecd1d0d366acda.jpg (249x255, 22K)

Depends what I'm reading, but typically both. I'm usually subconciously always trying to improve myself, and that's reflected at what I choose to read in the moment. I typically prefer more direct approaches to self improvement though when I'm actively looking to better myself.

A good example of what I'm talking about in something a little smaller scale. I have recently involved myself into Dungeons and Dragons as an adult because I have a lot of friends and we all want a solid creative outlet. I spent months actively learning how to be a good DM, how to design solid adventures, and generally learning about game design in association with D&D. This involved me watching different professionals play the game and watch a series of tutorials from really solid youtubers, involve myself in the community on reddit, and read books on cartography and DMing. Now, I'm reading through different classic fantasy books like the Belgariad, Thomas Covenant, The Elric Books, etc. I'm doing the latter because it's what I'm interested in now and I want to read more punchy fantasy, but it's also a great source for inspiration in my current creative pursuits.

Leisure, assuming I'll commit to finishing "Call of Cthulhu" before I die.

woah

Attached: me ponderching.png (1396x884, 985K)

the hindquarters on this negress... Like a damn centaur

ahhhh god bless those 56% genetics, cute and sexy mutt

JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1401882236353.gif (399x228, 371K)

Attached: kys.jpg (800x450, 27K)

>that creature
>pretty
I can't even imagine how low some people's standards must plummet over time.

An act of boredom desu.

Self-improvement is masturbation. And I'm about to better myself all over that OP image. God, I love dusky whores.

bruh you don't always have to share your opinion. i think her face is delicate and cute, no need to call her a creature that's pretty harsh lmao

/lgbt/ is that way

I don't see why you can't do both. However, I read only for leisure, holding self-improvement to be a loathesome thing worth avoiding.

Only patrician response itt.

I suppose by that limited duality self-improvement.

I see reading more as an investment, an influential book will change my outlook on life forever, but it requires a clear, fresh mind to absorb the information. It's futile to read after work when the toxins have yet to be cleared from my brain.

That's how I ended up as a spookposting Stirnerite ready to die for Rojava.

You're not wrong, though.

yes

Attached: funhaus elyse instagram.gif (450x602, 1.43M)

That is also true, you need to take the time to atriculate a question, or even just feel an intuition, because the reading movement need to be impulsed by the inquisitiveness of the mind. And we all know that when we're at work 12h/day we don't really have the opportunity to question the world.
so yes, you need to free some reflexion time.

This is so good to be understood. I'm really glad I'm not the only one. I feel like you read me so weel * pun not intended* in just one sentence. Or it is a pure coincidence.
Without lying, I am literally reading Stirner right now and I'm also thinking about Rojava like a answer. The most logical answer I found in order to beat my crippling nihilistic tendencies.
man that's good to be heard.

I have not finished the book though ( I'm halfway through), do you have any element of analysis to suggest to keep digging afterwards, anybody who've righted about him? If you are still her I'll be very thanksful...

>tfw sincerely admire enjoy and love the female form
>[attractive] women are all idiots
It diminishes the wonder once you have to really live with them.

you just know she's into some real freaky nasty unspeakable shit in the bedroom

>tfw someone gets it

Attached: ideal-smiling-crying-face-meme-sad-pepe-find-share-on-giphy-smiling-crying-face-meme.gif (427x382, 88K)

Attached: ivanka trump.webm (720x1080, 381K)

Veeky Forums is best board

Attached: 3rf.jpg (700x846, 167K)

even though she looks perfect in the op its clear she doesnt normally look like that and its just a single perfect shot of her. in this pic and in others you can see how she starts to look weird all the way to ghetto trash that i wouldnt give the time of day to. is she half nigger or something? she has that "everything about me is fake" look like one of those crazy kardashiens or whatever and black women with all their fake hair, nails, colored contacts, implants, etc

compare to who looks perfect even in motion

MOMMY

Attached: xzf.jpg (796x884, 181K)

QWEEEEEEEN

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-16-10-46-08.png (1080x1920, 1.58M)

Reddit

>compare to who looks perfect even in motion

out of all the examples you picked a woman with botox and fake teeth

Yep, pure redditry.

yeah i know i was going to say that but it doesnt change anything. all women wear makeup for example but some look good in it and others just like comical and extremely fake and overdone

>dam bix nood looks like THAT?

not that user but i would strongly suggest you find the nearest mirror and have a word with yourself

I like you.

these are both masks, neither sincere, no connection was made, nothing was given or received

death of discourse

All that money for cosmetic surgery and her eyes aren't even symmetrical.

Comfy nap time when?

Attached: Francisco_José_de_Goya_y_Lucientes_-_The_sleep_of_reason_produces_monsters_(No._43),_from_Los_Capri (1200x1815, 929K)

I read for the same reason I drink, life is nothing.

I read because I want to and not because it makes me happier or better.

Attached: charlize theron prometheus 1.webm (1920x800, 1.59M)

Que buen post

Double dubs confirm. Top tier post.

She's mixed fuck you all

Half human half silicone?

Half Mediterranean half silicon and half black and half emoji spammer

>Porqué
>jijueputa
>correcting people typos
Come back when you're 18 or when you can revert the effects of fetal alcoholic syndrome, pelotudo.

Self-improvment mostly right now, and I've stopped reading fiction as I don't find it useful, even if read leisurely.

el abominacion

>I've stopped reading fiction as I don't find it useful
Sad!

It hurts so much that, I'd never hold such cutie in my arms

Attached: kate beckinsale vinyl.webm (1280x720, 906K)

it's from ma boy Theo Von. Grew up in a small rural town where everybody was touched by a flick of the 'tism