wealth comes from material resources and has no intellectual root or meaning,
are the men who think—for the same reason—that sex is a physical capacity
which functions independently of one's mind, choice or code of values. They
think that your body creates a desire and makes a choice for you—just about
in some such way as if iron ore transformed itself into railroad rails of its
own volition. Love is blind, they say; sex is impervious to reason and mocks
the power of all philosophers. But, in fact, a man's sexual choice is the
result and the sum of his fundamental convictions. Tell me what a man finds
sexually attractive and I will tell you his entire philosophy of life.
Show me the woman he sleeps with and I will tell you his valuation of
himself. No matter what corruption he's taught about the virtue of
selflessness, sex is the most profoundly selfish of all acts, an act which he
cannot perform for any motive but his own enjoyment—just try to think of
performing it in a spirit of selfless charity!—an act which is not possible
in self-abasement, only in self-exaltation, only in the confidence of being
desired and being worthy of desire. It is an act that forces him to stand
naked in spirit, as well as in body, and to accept his real ego as., his
standard of value. He will always be attracted to the woman who reflects his
deepest vision of himself, the woman whose surrender permits him to
experience—or to fake—a sense of self-esteem. The man who is proudly certain
of his own value, will want the highest type of woman he can find, the woman
he admires, the strongest, the hardest to conquer—because only the possession
of a heroine will give him the sense of an achievement, not the possession of
a brainless slut. He does not seek to . . . What's the matter?" he asked,
seeing the look on Rearden's face, a look of intensity much beyond mere
interest in an abstract discussion.

Attached: pizza.jpg (1200x1200, 220K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mises.org/library/failure-new-economics-0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Horrible prose but she's right, as she is about a large number of things that liberals and reactionaries cry over. also that's an impure bread whore in pic related. HAve some self respec

>an impure bread whore

Attached: 1518640469407.png (225x225, 4K)

Dishonest eyes, Pizza affinity. You would do well to keep your penis away from these demons. find yourself a vegan gf or one who is averse to gluten

an impure bread whore

Show me your patrician taste then

Attached: pence.jpg (2048x1603, 753K)

Oh I see, I assumed 'bread' was a typo for 'bred'

the food makes the woman user

I mean, she is eating some bread in the picture. Who knows, maybe she is a literal bread whore.

Back to the_donald

Ayn "unfuckable autist Yenta" Rand
All women are brainless sluts

Pretty much. Her echoes of social contract theory in formulating governmental roles and acknowledgement that man is naturally inclined to greatness are both very admirable.

This is a buttmad liberal(in the sense that they believe independence is the highest good). You can tell because they can’t actually engage in the topic at hand, and think that sexual relations define an individual’s character. They’re a virgin hikikomori due to their own decisions, yet they don’t want to accept responsibility for this.

Attached: image.jpg (1186x889, 1021K)

who is this erectile reptile?

Rand is self-inserting a gynonarcisstic trope that she is "not like the other girls" (who are "brainless sluts") and that her unique and special brillance as a "not like the other girls" girl ennobles and uplifts the other people in her life; her man's value can be defined by her unique special brillance as his woman. As an example of female hubris and delusional inhumility it's a brillant statement, but nothing more.

Doesn’t mean her notions of masculinity are wrong, cunt.

>He will always be attracted to the woman who reflects his deepest vision of himself, the woman whose surrender permits him to experience—or to fake—a sense of self-esteem.
This is just a less nuanced, less specific account of Freud, and it has no more merit than popular aphorisms like "opposites attract." It also more or less erases the possibility of two powerful figures meeting on equal terms in the bedroom, because of the assumptions contained in "surrender[ing]." Wouldn't a real meeting of two paragons of virtue be mutually empowering? Is it so far-fetched for a man and a woman to have sex on equal terms? Has Rand never felt the joy of reverse cowgirl?

Besides all that, this ignores phenomena like objectively disgusting women playing hard-to-get, and 10/10s who are also cock-filled whores. In either case, the effort put in doesn't match the reward that comes out, so Rand's theory falls apart.

Attached: 1509429448715.jpg (1280x960, 245K)

This sounds like horseshit. All she's really saying is that good people have high standards and only fuck hot girls, and it's written terribly.

>destroying civilization
Uh, didn't the Commies industrialise a fuck tonne but ran out of steam? Arguably, they did best in Africa. Burkina Faso rebuilt itself and the communist Congo was miles ahead of the capitalist counterpart, and the shithole today.

I think these are both intelligent statements.

Attached: 1518304388185.jpg (1600x1066, 400K)

wally gator

Attached: 1521087454190.jpg (2048x1603, 1.44M)

Amazing. Every word of what you just said.. was wrong.

you’re a fucking simping retard, you didn’t listen to a word of what was in the OP and were just waiting to say what you wanted to say
>two powerful people
oh so you mean a gay man and his lover? lol at you, there no beautiful women who are legitimately powerful i think you meant rich which is fucking hilarious
>empowering for both
yes if they take each other seriously and love each other
>b-but i want to talk about what i want to talk about
the OP is suggesting that men who fuck cocksluts have no self respect and this is so significant because men initiate, women select. stop being an idealogue faggot sex positive cum dumpster and listen to other people’s thoughts.

great fucking sexology 101 mindset
>all sex is empowering
>reverse cowgirl
lol

i just realized you didn’t even read the part where it psychoanalyzes the male’s mate choice this has nothing to do with agency you stupid fucking faggot or the exaltation of the women holy shit i wish id insulted you more viciously. you saw something to do with sex that wasn’t blindly adulatory and lept on the opportunity to shrilly scream about women having orgasms from chad dick and beautiful powerful yas gurll slay beyonce and her mandingo lover holy fucking shit i just realized you’re a p-zombie

kill yourself

>blah blah blah, shitty amphetamine prose, blah blah blah, self-transcendence is actually about masturbation, blah blah blah I'm such a stupid faggot, blah blah blah my entire """oeuvre""" can be explained as a painful psychological reaction to soviet tyranny, blah blah blah more shitty amphetamine prose, blah blah blah

I'm sure sex was entirely about herself to Ayn. I'm sure it is to most of her cultists. I know it isn't to everyone.

What does this mean by this?

Attached: 1515034549951.jpg (540x960, 58K)

Im attracted sexually to other men what does tjat say about my whole life philosophy?

I'm not sexually attracted to anything. Does that make me a closet nihilist?

No she is not right. Darwinism and the free marketism that goes along with it is generally acknowledged to be the absolute worst thing to happen to literature ever.

I mean Veeky Forums is a God fearing board, you honestly think God would approve of you putting a price on people’s lives (like healthcare, for instance?)

No, generally speaking this is the principle that most people fuck up on. Read up on Keynes, learn that economics benefits greatly from targeted investment, and that believing this doesn’t necessarily make you a gay faggot who is going to hell (like Keynes, ironically)

You're right. The one true god Allah would not agree with this.

What's that? Can you keep your reddit lingo and e-drama in your own site, le punch a nazi redditor?

I would agree with that.

Is Veeky Forums Islamic?

This probably means you are bad and stupid because you couldn't appreciate Ayn.

>Keynes
mises.org/library/failure-new-economics-0

>Mises
Flawed system of thought.

Nice historian though

>By the 1950s, almost everyone was Keynesian.
>50's and 60's were economic golden years

Damn, really makes me think.

Economics is not a science, as it has absolutely zero predictive power. It is based on speculation, sometimes educated, sometimes idiotic, but speculation nonetheless. Economics is metaphysics - mostly bad metaphysics. The respect that the field has today is perhaps one of the biggest tragedies of modernity. I will never be able to take a student of economics seriously, and will always consider the serious study of it a failure of character.

What do I believe Veeky Forums?

Attached: 1441398671639.jpg (1280x1772, 749K)

But I just want to fuck the hottest, youngest woman I can find. What does that say about my philosophy of life?

But your very post indicates economics IS a valuable thing to study

She's saying our life choices ie who we choose to be our sexual partners, are an extension of our mind.
I think it's hyperbolic to say you can extrapolate an entire person's 'philosophy' from analyzing their choice of sexual partner, but the message behind what she's saying is reasonable.

No self respect and not self aware enough to understand that.

There's a mental gap between those who view woman as objects to be conquered and those who view women as people to build lives with. As you correctly stated the first kind of person usually lacks self awareness or any real introspective qualities. The lack of self respect stems from the idea that your relationships with women are based around how much pleasure she can give you and vice versa.

Those men who have introspective qualities and self respect usually desire something tangible in life. A long term goal of some kind if you will. For many this is a family. I do not speak of men who get women pregnant and settle down or marry someone because " it's what everyone does ". But rather men who plan their future family/family life meticulously and because of this have much higher standards than the shallow group of men.

Physical attractiveness is only one part of the puzzle. For a woman to be a good wife/mother she must possess certain personality traits, and to ensure the intelligence of offspring, must also possess some level of intellect beyond the scope of the average person. Finding a woman like this is dramatically more difficult than finding a hot but braindead/thotty type of woman.

The question is what should men do who are aware of this reality, but are not necessarily suited to finding a woman of that caliber. Or that accept how rare it is to find such a woman and build a life with her. Do we plug away hedonistically knowing we are looking at incredible odds? Do we search for these women knowing that failure is a very real possibility? Or do we settle for an average girl who is not up to our standards?

Attached: 3591835981985.jpg (800x429, 343K)

Kill yourself?

Ayn Rand was truly unfuckable and jealous that any guy would choose to have fun with sluts over her. This is her petty revenge. If you fell for this trick born out of ressentiment that says more about your self worth than anything else.

Attached: 1468155260398.jpg (1280x853, 155K)

It's impossible to build your life with a woman in the age of no-fault divorce and working women. 21st century romantic relationships are inherently temporary, which makes the "has to be able to be a good mother" criterion completely irrelevant. The idea of women as anything other than equal business partners or sexual objects is outdated. They can only be either of those two things to a straight man.

>Implying anyone takes Keynes seriously in 2018
shiggy diggy

>What does this mean?
What do YOU mean by the question.
I don't see 2 ways in which you can interpret the quoted text, it's extremely on the nose.

kek, why is this not used more often

>Ayn Rand was truly unfuckable
She was married AND had an affair. You were saying?

What if you're a gay powerbottom like Peter Thiel?

that I want to ride with you, cowboy
fucking hot young woman is a lot of fun

the total opposite of reading that awful Ayn Rand

Attached: milkman-in-uniform.jpg (1020x1390, 124K)

no it doesnt you shadow gazing heathen

Attached: 1484807232344.jpg (720x720, 111K)

Yes it does. He is somehow asserting that Keynesian policies being the cause for the progression of the economy invalidates economic thought.

Bullshit. Everyone on Veeky Forums knows that Ayn Rand is retarded and so is Von Mises.

Keynes is where you got to go for correct knowledge of economics, to the scientific level.

>not sexually attracted to anything
>does that make me a nihilist?
No it makes you a liar.

>scientific level
how embarassing
>thinks a rhetorical point is a self refuting argument against the valid argument the user made
even more embarassing

when you go into physics departments and bio labs do you start salivating? when you open an anatomy text book or a work on fluid dynamics does your wee willy get a bit stiff user? i would wonder what its like to be jealous of a whole race of mankind, the scientists, but then again i study philosophy and they’re jealous of us, there’s no poets left, so of course i have no one to be jealous of. sad that you keep using a word that means nothing. can you imagine a business cycle or a physics textbooks exhorting you to “feel bad about lawmakers muddying the study of light” or “public irrationality and ANIMAL SPIRITS in the scientific community interfering with the effectivity of thermodynamics”? I can, its really fucking funny man

>you have no self respect because you like to fill the most fertile holes with your man seed
The math doesn't add up.

If there are no poets left, I think by that harsh metric I can say there has not been a philosopher since Wittgenstein.

I don't even understand where you are coming from. This post is pure retardation, plain and simple.

Lmao wtf....

Why settle for anything? Marriage and life-long monogamy are both superstition projected as culture. Pair bonding has always been temporary, and seeking pleasure outside of that pair ought not affect the relationship between individuals as "adultery" doesn't inherently hurt the pair. Though it definitely does diminish the power of women withholding sex for material gain, which in my opinion is a positive thing. You are enabling this cultural house of cards; not as stable as it may seem.

I mean honestly, I get it, you're an idiot, and you want everyone to know. Basically you're afraid of verifying things or defining things mathematically, so you resort to only studying Hayek and Mises, writers who you, and only you, can grasp on an existential level to gratify your retarded worldview of 'selfishness is a virtue' hurr.

Meanwhile, the true conservatives have seen through the thin veil of retardation and simplicity Ayn Rands affords people. They have, plain and simple, drifted away from the notions of selfishness being a 'virtue' which is antithetical to religious doctrine. They have, understandably recognized that Keynesianism affords regulated competition, as it should be, and the free market should be used only as a tool.

The true traditionalist, progressive is an economic Keynesian and an Islamic moralist.

Duh.

Deleuze and Baudrillard was a pseudo-philosopher, Chalmers is still skittering around scaring people. Its in its death bed but there’s a few more projects left to prevent the species from losing its wits before we all go under for good
>can’t answer
completely exposed
its not science and it does not make reliable predictions, appealing to people’s irrationality to explain why you can’t stop the economy from crashing while the only way you can even vaguely argue for the utility of your field is by suggesting it fixes things, is pretty fucking repugnant for any person with self-respect. Go on Veeky Forums right now, make a thread saying: economics is as much a science as biology or physics is. please user, make my fucking year and go get your head taken off

Degenerates like yourself deserve the noose.

The issue is how the financial responsibility for the offspring is divvied up, especially in countries where paternity testing is illegal. I'm certainly not paying to pass on someone else's genes.

that fucking bread whore.