I’m dumb. What do I read?

I’m dumb. What do I read?

Attached: 4B8EDD31-7065-4C8B-A272-6C0B7D949AB4.jpg (595x775, 128K)

Attached: 1001004000978891.jpg (773x1200, 103K)

I first wanted to recommend this, but I think it's a bit too much if we take OP's comment at face value.

OP, are you really dumb? Why? Are you just not well read? It's easy to fix that. Or do you have a problem with grasping concepts when reading?

Tell us in what way you consider yourself to be dumb and we can help you better.

I have a learning disability. I’ve read lots of fantasy and YA stuff when I was younger, but I want to know what books to start off on that are of a higher quality

It sounds like "how to read a book" wouldn't be such a bad idea then. If that's too much you could also make it easier for yourself.

Read some famous short texts like Of Mice and Men, The Great Gatsby, Animal Farm (something ~100 pages and not too hard to read), and then read up / watch as many critiques of it as you can find. Maybe this is a good first step in learning to read critically, and after that you can move up to harder/longer texts.

Thank you, I appreciate the help

The Decameron. It's a collection of accessible short stories, many dirty and comedic.

Heart of Darkness and Joseph Conrad's other short novellas also good choices in that category.

Not sure if you are trolling, but those are a good bit harder than the ones I proposed Heart of Darkness is much more difficult to get through than The Great Gatsby and will benefit from some knowledge about colonialism beforehand. It is a good text to read critiques of though.

Oh I’ve actually read this one

A Passage to India by E M Forester is probably a good intermediate book for you. It's longer, but the subtext ("secret meaning that you have to look for") is very obvious. It's the story of an Indian man falsely accused of raping a British woman during the time when India was colonised by Britain, but the subtext is a criticism of Britain's control over India.

I'm not well-read and picked up Tales From Ovid by Ted Hughes because I enjoy Ted's and want to learn more about Ovid. Plus, poems serve as light reading throughout the day. Picked up Metamorphoses too. Read what interests you, not what you think you should read. It'll be less taxing that way. Do you have access to a library?

Thank you for all these suggestions, will definitely check out my library for some of these

No one is going to mention op pic?
Shit's hilarious and can see my young self doing something like that

I used to sleep over at my friend's house a lot and there was a small hole in the drywall in a corner of his room and I used to piss into it at night. I might have even dropped a piece of shit in once. Who knows why kids do these things?

Are you Germans by any chance?

The Veeky Forums starter kit is pretty good. The easiest books are probably Brave New World, To Kill a Mockingbird, 1984, The Catcher in the Rye, Fahrenheit 451, The Great Gatsby, Of Mice and Men, Lord of the Flies, and Huckleberry Finn. Start there and try to read the whole chart

Attached: 0D4A47C8-C426-4A74-9A13-CC5718E454DF.jpg (736x1396, 226K)

I bet that the girl pissed in the drawer

10 of those were part of my high school curriculum.

the bible

Are there any things your particularly interested in? Moments in history, ghosts or something like that?

How does this book work? Is someone supposed to read it to you?