Are there any books that can instill a sense of adventure in me...

Are there any books that can instill a sense of adventure in me?Right now im a boring lifeless fuck that just overthinks everything.

Attached: tintoretto_head_vitelius.jpg (1879x2500, 1.58M)

I was inspired recently by Dalinar’s story in Sanderson’s Stormlight Archives series.
Disclaimer: I am a faggot

After I read this book I bought a one-way ticket to Europe. I was 17 at the time and I've been traveling the world ever since.

Attached: br.jpg (1013x1500, 245K)

How do you pay?

On the Road by Jack Kerouac

Attached: md7288518658.jpg (300x441, 31K)

mommy

Get little jobs like barbacking or waiting tables as you go along

What do you mean? Just ask daddy for more money?

I find travel to be such an overrated pursuit. How has it been for you?

to hell with adventure.
lock the doors and close the blinds, there's nothing important out there.

Tried this for 10 years and it sucks
t. OP

>nothing important out there
as a guy currently getting his 3rd mates license, I have to disagree with you. get on the fucking ocean, it's great out there. lots of adventure to be had. also Dagon is real and I saw him

Trust me

Attached: 220px-Wizard's_First_Rule.jpg (220x326, 31K)

the innocent abroad by twain

unironically self help books about how to get rich. shit gets me hyped up

Music and art does it for personally i love this shit

"Bah, can you dig it like a spigot?
My guess is yes you can, like can I kick it? Wicked.
Liquor shot, if you happy and you know it
As you clap your hands to the thick snot of a poet, flowin'
Grope a pen, and I'm in, cope hymen,
Doper rhymin' more worther than the Hope diamond"

You have to sort of be one of those people who reads uncritically and has the character fill out his identity, and you have to have either an openness to challenge in selecting locations to suit your supposed identity, or you need a well defined route and purpose. I started travelling because of a family trauma and it made me face myself in a way that was awful. I'd gone to explore the places of some of my ancestors, and I loved discovering the history. But the social aspects of it made me realise how malleable my identity was, and those two together sort of started a crisis in me. I've spent most of my adult life travelling and exploring my limits and shaping my character because I realised how good and easy life can be living on 15$ a day in a place filled with books and music and woman and food and culture. That sense of adventure though isn't for everyone, as I've met plenty of people along the way that hated their experience. If you're young though, you should save enough money to go to a country where you can live cheaply for a long time. The sense of freedom you'll get after a few months will give you a sense of adventure. But you got to do it spontaneously or stop thinking about it, because you'll regret it like I regret not wasting my life travelling.

Now all I need is $10000 for three or four years of reading books, making music, swimming naked, having sex, and lecturing flashpackers about the commodification of travel experiences. This may involve me dressing up a bit.

Attached: shouldIgotravel.jpg (205x246, 7K)

roughing it by twain

Steppenwolf, my dude

>gay

hehe

What kind of adventurous tales stoke your fires? I'm a sucker for 19th and 20th century stories so all I can offer are names like Robert Louis Stevenson and ol Mark Twain

Biography of limonov by Emmanuel Carrere