The Wake

How about we have a little fun? Read an excerpt from Finnegans Wake and post the recording.

ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/j/joyce/james/j8f/complete.html
finwake.com/

vocaroo.com/

Attached: 1.jpg (770x610, 161K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1Qh55v2vMBi
vocaroo.com/i/s0mtrw5aUHje
vocaroo.com/i/s1REZHJOToqc
youtube.com/watch?v=M8kFqiv8Vww
vocaroo.com/i/s0p6TX3Ve7PD
vocaroo.com/i/s0CnsWB8KI8l
vocaroo.com/i/s04yKcOHymSR
vocaroo.com/i/s1AYI3f6yXCN
vocaroo.com/i/s1FeAht7Z6ve
vocaroo.com/i/s0cpfxVcf8UQ
vocaroo.com/i/s0AvAaGw6uuB
vocaroo.com/i/s193HezkwWLj
vocaroo.com/i/s1p3K81mRROF
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Holy fuck, would love to. But it is too insane. I read a chapter and a half out loud and couldn't help but stumble all over myself.

sure OP, i'll play
page 61 of the original 1939 text, lines 6-12
vocaroo.com/i/s1Qh55v2vMBi

Attached: joyceyoung.jpg (1280x1024, 232K)

Do it user, maybe try going through a paragraph a few times before recording it

Alright. Here we go:

Part I, CH 6, v.152

vocaroo.com/i/s0mtrw5aUHje

good, kek'd

glorious! we must have more players!

Kekkek'd at both, thanks for contributing
As my explanations here are probably above your understand-ings, lattlebrattons, though as augmentatively uncomparisoned as Cadwan, Cadwallon and Cadwalloner, I shall revert to a more expletive method which I frequently use when I have to sermo with muddlecrass pupils. Imagine for my purpose that you are a squad of urchins, snifflynosed, goslingnecked, clothyheaded, tangled in your lacings, tingled in your pants, etsitaraw etcicero. And you, Bruno Nowlan, take your tongue out of your inkpot! As none of you knows javanese I will give all my easyfree trans-lation of the old fabulist’s parable. Allaboy Minor, take your head out of your satchel! Audi, Joe Peters! Exaudi facts!

The Mookse and The Gripes.

Gentes and laitymen, fullstoppers and semicolonials, hybreds and lubberds!
Have you evew thought, wepow-tew, that sheew gweatness was his twadgedy? Nevewtheless ac — cowding to my considewed attitudes fow this act he should pay the full penalty, pending puwsuance, as pew Subsec. 32, section II, of the C. L. A. act 1885, anything in this act to the contwawy notwithstanding. Jarley Jilke began to silke for he couldn’t get home to Jelsey

Part 1, ch 6, 187
vocaroo.com/i/s1REZHJOToqc

ahhh excellent, hello from across the pond, if i'm not assuming too much, sounds good!

Thanks, I kinda lost steam midway through when I realized I had no idea what I was saying

it certainly is much easier to hear in your mind than it is to put into words

The text:

Stand forth, Nayman of Noland (for no longer will I follow you obliquelike through the inspired form of the third person singular and the moods and hesitensies of the deponent but ad-dress myself to you, with the empirative of my vendettative, pro — vocative and out direct), stand forth, come boldly, jolly me,- move me, zwilling though I am, to laughter in your true colours ere you be back for ever till I give you your talkingto!

bugs... easy on the vocaroo

>1939, Joyce writes this
>1940, bugs bunny first appearance
HIGHLY suspect
it seems disney is the one who should pay the full penalty

>That Jewish verbal IQ

youtube.com/watch?v=M8kFqiv8Vww

Bully this pseud.
vocaroo.com/i/s0p6TX3Ve7PD

Ambitious, I like it

vocaroo.com/i/s0CnsWB8KI8l

I can't read this aloud without feeling like I'm being tricked into doing a bad irish accent.

i reckon that's the idea!

recorded on an old mp3 player, it's the only microphone i have, pls no bully:
vocaroo.com/i/s04yKcOHymSR

Bygmester Finnegan, of the Stuttering Hand, freemen’s mau-rer, lived
in the broadest way immarginable in his rushlit toofar — back for
messuages before joshuan judges had given us numbers or Helviticus
committed deuteronomy (one yeastyday he sternely struxk his tete in a tub
for to watsch the future of his fates but ere he swiftly stook it out again, by
the might of moses, the very wat-er was eviparated and all the guenneses
had met their exodus so that ought to show you what a pentschanjeuchy
chap he was!) and during mighty odd years this man of hod, cement and
edi-fices in Toper’s Thorp piled buildung supra buildung pon the banks for
the livers by the Soangso. He addle liddle phifie Annie ugged the little
craythur. Wither hayre in honds tuck up your part inher. Oftwhile
balbulous, mithre ahead, with goodly trowel in grasp and ivoroiled overalls
which he habitacularly fondseed, like Haroun Childeric Eggeberth he
would caligulate by multiplicab-les the alltitude and malltitude until he
seesaw by neatlight of the liquor wheretwin ’twas born, his roundhead
staple of other days to rise in undress maisonry upstanded (joygrantit!), a
waalworth of a skyerscape of most eyeful hoyth entowerly, erigenating
from next to nothing and celescalating the himals and all, hierarchitec-
titiptitoploftical, with a burning bush abob off its baubletop and with
larrons o’toolers clittering up and tombles a’buckets clottering down.

>vocaroo.com/i/s04yKcOHymSR
Honestly a really great reading. It felt like you had truly studied and strived to understand the text. If you were an actor (and a fucking insane one at that), you could use that as an audition piece.

I don't follow what he's getting at at all, but the specifically irish musicality of the passages ring loud and lear to me

well thank you user, that's really nice. i did practice the paragraph a few times

vocaroo.com/i/s1AYI3f6yXCN

99th percentile verbal IQ big-brained nibba coming through

chapter 3 book 2

owo my brain nibba brian too bige

shut the fuck UP

Fellas... I need some good ol' English poems... Should I recite J Milton for y'all?

Do the broken tower

Too late.
(Satan's first speech) vocaroo.com/i/s1FeAht7Z6ve

did you record this at the opera?

user, why yes! And you were there with me, companions we were, Bunburying when - I dare say - you fell asleep and I was to awake you with the stirring fire of Milton's hellish imagery.

a four voice part (the text, shaun, shem, and issabellissima), the start of 2.2, p260. But i say 'snuffer' instead of 'snuffler' at one point. i'd appreciate any critiques

vocaroo.com/i/s0cpfxVcf8UQ

And what a rousing performance it was! your rolling rrrr's lit a fire in my heart which time itself could not extinguish. thank you user.

holy shit thats a good reading user, great job

Attached: ok.gif (500x500, 800K)

vocaroo.com/i/s0AvAaGw6uuB

i tried

Do something by Eliot

bumping

we're _all_ waiting

y-you too

vocaroo.com/i/s193HezkwWLj

Shize? I should shee! Macool, Macool, orra whyi deed ye diie? of a
trying thirstay mournin? Sobs they sighdid at Fillagain’s chrissormiss
wake, all the hoolivans of the nation, prostrated in their consternation and
their duodisimally profusive plethora of ululation. There was plumbs and
grumes and cheriffs and citherers and raiders and cinemen too. And the
all gianed in with the shout-most shoviality. Agog and magog and the round
of them agrog. To the continuation of that celebration until Hanandhunigan’s
extermination! Some in kinkin corass, more, kankan keening. Belling him
up and filling him down. He’s stiff but he’s steady is Priam Olim! ’Twas he
was the dacent gaylabouring youth. Sharpen his pillowscone, tap up his
bier! E’erawhere in this whorl would ye hear sich a din again? With their
deepbrow fundigs and the dusty fidelios. They laid him brawdawn alanglast
bed. With a bockalips of finisky fore his feet. And a barrowload of guenesis
hoer his head. Tee the tootal of the fluid hang the twoddle of the fuddled, O!

bumping, where did everyone go? start reciting some stuff lads, it doesn't even have to be the wake
>like I'm being tricked into doing a bad irish accent.
you should let it happen even if it's bad, it's how it's meant to be read

one gripe, tete is read as teet instead of tête or tet

vocaroo.com/i/s1p3K81mRROF

Attached: Ty.jpg (512x386, 34K)

alright, thanks

I wanted to do it, but I think I broke my brain trying to read it.

Joyce probably was doing one of his wordplays again with "teat". he put his teat in a tub

Fearmanagh has a septain inclinaison2
and the graphplot for all the functions in
Lower County Monachan, whereat samething
is rivi-sible by nighttim, may be involted into
the zeroic couplet, palls pell inhis heventh
glike noughty times ì, find, if you are not
literally cooefficient, how minney combinaisies
and per-mutandies can be played on the
international surd! pthwndxrclzp!

I'll start posting some excerpts for everyone to read.

So now be hushy, little pukers! Side here roohish, cleany
fug-lers! Grandicellies, all stay zitty! Adultereux, rest as
befour! For you’ve jollywelly dawdled all the day. When ye
coif tantoncle’s hat then’ll be largely temts for that. Yet’s
the time for being now, now, now.

For a burning would is come to dance inane. Glamours
hath moidered’s lieb and herefore Coldours must leap no
more. Lack breath must leap no more.

Lel lols for libelman libling his lore. Lolo Lolo liebermann
you loved to be leaving Libnius. Lift your right to your Liber
Lord. Link your left to your lass of liberty. Lala Lala,
Leapermann, your lep’s but a loop to lee.

A fork of hazel o’er the field in vox the verveine virgins ode.
If you cross this rood as you roamed the rand I’m blessed
but you’d feel him a blasting rod. Behind, me, frees from
evil smells! Perdition stinks before us.

In the name of Annah the Allmaziful, the Everliving, the Bringer of Plurabilities, haloed be her eve, her singtime sung, her rill be run, unhemmed as it is uneven!

Her untitled mamafesta memorialising the Mosthighest has gone by many names at disjointed times. Thus we hear of, The Augusta Angustissimost for Old
Seabeastius’ Salvation, Rockabill Booby in the Wave Trough, Here’s to the Relicts of All Decencies, Anna Stessa’s Rise to Notice, Knickle Down Duddy Gunne
and Arishe Sir Cannon, My Golden One and My Selver Wedding, Amoury Treestam and Icy Siseule, Saith a Sawyer til a Strame, Ik dik dopedope et tu mihimihi,
Buy Birthplate for a Bite, Which of your Hesterdays Mean Ye to Morra? Hoebegunne the Hebrewer Hit Waterman the Brayned, Arcs in His Ceiling Flee Chinx on
the Flur, Rebus de Hibernicis, The Crazier Letters, Groans of a Briton-ess, Peter Peopler Picked a Plot to Pitch his Poppolin, An Apology for a Big (some such
nonoun as Husband or husboat or hose-bound is probably understood for we have also the plutherplethoric My Hoonsbood Hansbaad’s a Journey to Porthergill
gone and He Never Has the Hour), Ought We To Visit Him? For Ark see Zoo, Cleopater’s Nedlework Ficturing Aldborougham on the Sahara with the Coombing of
the Cammmels and the Parlourmaids of Aegypt, Cock in the Pot for Father, Placeat Vestrae, A New Cure for an Old Clap, Where Portentos they’d Grow Gonder
how I’d Wish I Woose a Geese; Gettle Nettie, Thrust him not, When the Myrtles of Venice Played to Bloccus’s Line, To Plenge Me High He Waives Chiltern on
Friends, Oremunds Queue Visits Amen Mart, E’en Tho’ I Granny a-be He would Fain Me Cuddle, Twenty of Chambers, Weighty Ten Beds and a Wan Ceteroom,
I Led the Life, Through the Boxer Coxer Rising in the House with the Golden Stairs, The Following Fork, He’s my O’Jerusalem and I’m his Po, The Best in the
West, By the Stream of Zemzem under Zig-zag Hill, The Man That Made His Mother in the Marlborry Train, Try Our Taal on a Taub, The Log of Anny to the Base
All, Nopper Tipped a Nappiwenk to his Notylytl Dantsigirls, Prszss Orel Orel the King of Orlbrdsz, Intimier Minnelisp of an Extor-reor Monolothe, Drink to Him, My
Juckey, and Dhoult Bemine Thy Winnowing Sheet, I Ask You to Believe I was his Mistress, He Can Explain, From Victrolia Nuancee to Allbart Noahnsy, Da’s a
Daisy so Guimea your Handsel too, What Barbaras Done to a Barrel Organ Before the Rank, Tank and Bonnbtail, Huskvy Admortal, What Jumbo made to Jalice
and what Anisette to Him, Ophelia’s Culpreints, Hear Hubty Hublin, My Old Dansh, I am Older northe Rogues among Whisht I Slips and He Calls Me his Dual of
Ayessha, Suppotes a Ventriliquorst Merries a Corpse, Lapps for Finns This Funnycoon’s Week, How the Buckling Shut at Rush in January, Look to the Lady,
From the Rise of the Dudge Pupublick to the Fall of the Potstille, Of the Two Ways of Opening the Mouth...

...I have not Stopped Water Where It Should Flow and I Know the Twentynine Names of Attraente, The Tortor of Tory Island Traits Galasia like his Milchcow, From Abbeygate to Crowalley Through a Lift in the Lude, Smocks for Their Graces and Me Aunt for Them Clodshoppers, How to Pull a Good Horus-coup even when Oldsire is Dead to the World, Inn the Gleam of Waherlow, Fathe He’s Sukceded to My Esperations, Thee Steps Forward, Two Stops Back, My Skin Appeals to Three Senses and My Curly Lips Demand Columbkisses; Gage Street on a Crany’s Savings, Them Lads made a Trion of Battlewatschers and They Totties a Doeit of Deers, In My Lord’s Bed by One Whore Went Through It, Mum It is All Over, Cowpoyride by Twelve Acre Ter-riss in the Unique Estates of Amessican, He Gave me a Thou so I serve Him with Thee, Of all the Wide Torsos in all the Wild Glen, O’Donogh, White Donogh, He’s Hue to Me Cry, I’m the Stitch in his Baskside You’d be Nought Without Mom, To Keep the Huskies off the Hustings and Picture Pets from Lifting Shops, Nor-sker Torsker Find the Poddle, He Perssed Me Here with the Ardour of a Tonnoburkes, A Boob Was Weeping This Mower was Reaping, O’Loughlin, Up from the Pit of my Stomach I Swish you the White of the Mourning, Inglo–Andeen Medoleys from Tommany Moohr, The Great Polynesional Entertrainer Exhibits Ballantine Braut-chers with the Link of Natures, The Mimic of Meg Neg end the Mackeys, Entered as the Lastest Pigtarial and My Pooridiocal at Stitchioner’s Hall, Siegfield Follies and or a Gentlehomme’s Faut Pas, See the First Book of Jealesies Pessim, The Suspended Sen-tence, A Pretty Brick Story for Childsize Heroes, As Lo Our Sleep, I Knew I’d Got it in Me so Thit settles That, Thonderbalt Captain Smeth and La Belle Sauvage Pocahonteuse, Way for Wet Week Welikin’s Douchka Marianne, The Last of the Fingallians, It Was Me Egged Him on to the Stork Exchange and Lent my Dutiful Face to His Customs, Chee Chee Cheels on their China Miction, Pickedmeup Peters, Lumptytumtumpty had a Big Fall, Pimpimp Pimpimp...

...Measly Ventures of Two Lice and the Fall of Fruit, The Fokes Family Interior, If my Spreadeagles Wasn’t so Tight I’d Loosen my Cursits on that Bunch of Maggiestraps, Allolosha Popofetts and Howke Cotchme Eye, Seen Aples and Thin Dyed, i big U to Beleaves from Love and Mother, Fine’s Fault was no Felon, Exat Delvin Renter Life, The Flash that Flies from Vuggy’s Eyes has Set Me Hair On Fire, His is the House that Malt Made, Divine Views from Back to the Front, Abe to Sare Stood Icyk Neuter till Brahm Taulked Him Common Sex, A Nibble at Eve Will That Bowal Relieve, Allfor Guineas, Sounds and Compliments Libidous, Seven Wives Awake Aweek, Airy Ann and Berber Blut, Amy Licks Porter While Huffy Chops Eads, Abbrace of Umbellas or a Tripple of Caines, Buttbutterbust, From the Manorlord Hoved to the Misses O’Mollies and from the Dames to their Sames, Many-festoons for the Colleagues on the Green, An Outstanding Back and an Excellent Halfcentre if Called on, As Tree is Quick and Stone is White So ts My Washing Done by Night, First and Last Only True Account au about the Honorary Mirsu Earwicker, L.S.D., and the Snake (Nuggets!) by a Woman of the World who only can Tell Naked Truths about a Dear Man and all his Conspirators how they all Tried to Fall him Putting it all around Lucalizod about Privates Earwicker and a Pair of Sloppy Sluts plainly Showing all the Unmentionability falsely Accusing about the Raincoats.

bubbles?

bump