Is this book a meme or is it actually good?

Is this book a meme or is it actually good?

Attached: 616.jpg (120x150, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

muslimvillage.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/satanic-bible.pdf
youtu.be/V1EXeurb4lI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Most sentences end in exclamation points.

Oh

so you're saying it's good, right?

"Satanism" on the whole is a normie atheist meme. You might as well buy a fedora if you're going to read that.

LaVey=Levi?

Merchant confirmed. Oy fucking vey

Attached: FB_IMG_1509710598548.jpg (720x1280, 47K)

muslimvillage.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/satanic-bible.pdf
See for yourself

No, it isn't all that good, but it's a meme worth reading once.

It's a somewhat cringey and definitely dated piece of counterculture. It's very much a part of the insanity of the 1960s, generally. That said, several of the core ideas are basically and actually correct, in particular the contempt for conventional religion itself, and putting one's self very high up the order of things. Worth at least one read to know what the meme is all about, even if you reject the content.

The companion, the Satanic Rituals, suggests about ten or so "scenes" for how to set up your infernal rite and what to direct it towards-ancients, new technology, love, hate etc.

It's just glorified egocentrism with an edgy topping, worth reading tho

It's the bible for fundamentalist tier fedoras

>That said, several of the core ideas are basically and actually correct, in particular the contempt for conventional religion itself, and putting one's self very high up the order of things.
These are both basically and actually wrong. The first in general and the second at least in your case.

Ayn Rand tier garbage except even more edgy.

Fun fact: most of the Satanic Bible is plagiarized from another book called Might is Right. The only difference is that the Satanic Bible cut out all the parts where the author talks about blacks and jews

t. commie trash

Fedora-tier

it's 60s culture made a bit edgier, a historical artifact that can't be taken seriously in the current year

it pretends to be satanic but has plenty of 60s morals embedded in it, if you want actually edgy satanists check the order of the nine angles, they are kind of an internet meme now though

the first books, before it goes into 'rituals', are good but all blatantly plagiarised.

idk if you're joking or not but LaVey actually was a jew.

Nope. Religion a shit and I'm awesome.

LaVey is like Rand and Nietzsche poorly mixed together with much less intelligence. It's a fun novelty read though.

Typical Jewish scams.. Whole chapters have been literally copy pasted from "Might is Right". Would be much better to read that if you are interested in such stuff.

Why does this attract the autists? They ruined new-paganism for me too.

I'm kinda nervous of reading something like that

Attached: satanicbible.png (1008x410, 115K)

The most reddit post ever posted to Veeky Forums.org

It sucks. It's cheap B-movie style Occultisim and hack philosophy.

Levi=Priesthood
Yes that's the reference. I'm glad you have basic reading comprehension.

>new-paganism
it was never good

Why isn't the fact that the whole book is plagarized brought up more?

You lost! Cool.

Why hasn't it occured to either of you that someone who (((calls))) himself a Satanist just plain doesn't give a fuck about any of that, and that you're not winning intellectual points thereby?

*herp-tee-terp ur being bad*
*er um sweetums that was the idea*
*foiled while Lavey cries like a bitch on his deathbed*

A better book on Satanism

Attached: cover (1).jpg (334x522, 39K)

>Be greedy and be a dick about it

I'll post some info since people don't seem to be giving this book credit.

If you have an interest in Modern Satanism, it is a monumental work. Even in popular culture it has adjusted our view of what Satanism and Satan represents.

Modern Satanism has been massivley affected by The Satanic Bible. However, it is often for what it represents over what it actually is. Most "satanists" do not actually base their beliefs off LaVey, but the book has meaning for being the first above ground Satanist organization publication.

This was also the first time that Satanism was viewed in a Righ Wing context. Prior to this, such as with the Romantic Satanists (Blake, Shelly, Byron) it was a leftists liberationist view of the devil as a symbol of liberation. With LaVey it is the first time we see the social darwinist, psuedo-nietzschean, right wing satanic idea.

The book being plagarized is true, however there has been some good apologetic scholarship (see The Devils Party published by Oxford) showing how religious documents in the past have been based on older fragments and LaVey does a similar move in changing and emphasizing certain aspects of the borrowed texts to express himself.

Satanism in the past was used as a symbol of populism, leftist politics, liberationist ideas, ect. LaVey changed this an made it Individualistic, Right Wing, Capitalist, Social Darwinist, Egoistic, ect.

Three names in Egoism: Stirner, Rand, LaVey.

He also affected all subsequent Satanic Groups. Temple of Set was an offshoot, Order of Nine Angles is a Far Right Satanic Group, The Satanic Witchcraft groups of Chumbley and Howard are far more feral than past satanist incarnations.

>ITT people butthurt that Tyler is clearly the chosen one

doesn't the ONA predate LaVey?

There's no exact date, but likely around the same time as Lavey. They despised him though.

I've looked into it, and indeed o9a sources/wikipedia/Goodrick-Clarke claim that it was started contemporaneous or predated the CoS.

However, the two scholarsly books I've read on Modern Satanism (Children of Lucifer and The Devils Party), both published by Oxford, claim that CoS was the first right wing Satanist group, and always discuss o9a as a more recent invention. Also, o9a is notorious for obscuring their past, like their founding Wicca, and so I wouldn't doubt this could be the case.

The last section of The Devils Party discusses how Goodrick-Clarke (on which the 60s date for o9a is based) took his dates from o9a sources without dispute, which was challenged by the scholars of Devils Party.

Also, given the connection between white supremacist thought and CoS, through Moynihan, Abraxas Institute, Shreck, ect. I would seriously doubt the o9a white power/Satanist connection could be separate from CoS trailblazing.

Though, you are right, o9a hates LaVey for his jewishness, atheism, and capitalist origins.

Interesting aside, Temple of Set founder Aquino claims that CoS was theistic from 1966 to 1975, but changed for marketability reasons. This was the point Aquino broke away. Levays daughter was a theistic Satanist for a time as well.

Attached: tumblr_nmnfbkjCYV1qj0uf2o1_500.jpg (410x540, 80K)

Correction:*founding in Wicca, not founding Wicca. They started as wicca, or have wicca roots.

New paganism ruined itself.
Paganism ruined itself in general, people converted to christianity in droves for a reason.

(((LaVey))) was an edgelord faggot who regularly lied about his pathetic life to make himself sound cool.

Half of his bullshit was blatantly plagiarized and the other half was lies. He was a total hack fraud.

Attached: 427411ED00000578-4707902-image-a-7_1500395867502.jpg (962x1215, 182K)

Attached: DFxKJqzUMAAQlJc.jpg (1200x842, 143K)

I read it when I was 14, and I thought it was interesting and worth the read. In that time I was getting more and more into atheism and nihilism though, now that my fedora phase is over I don’t think I’d find it very engaging.

imagine how much more autistic would the guy in the middle look in a color picture

Attached: fe061b6004f68475cec3df4a0cd1f1e2.jpg (461x666, 261K)

Attached: Darwin-Nietzsche-1078x516.jpg (1078x516, 98K)

LaVeys pulling power in 1960s lowerlevel Hollywood is underrated desu. Very dangerous individual.

darwin didn't believe in spooky demons

C'mon dude, at least read the wikipedia

My sister bought it for a bit of curiosity and she said it was utter wank

Modern Satanism has fuck all to do with Satanism as it's been practiced in the past and nowadays it's basically a fedoraspeak way to be an atheist

Satanism is dorky shit. No one cares how "monumental" or "influential" the biggest turd in a sewer is, you bore.

book is good if you have actual problems that your not dealing with. mostly motivational speech type stuff. really boring in this day and age though. talks a little about actual spooky stuff at the end, but that was shit he just made up to keep the press happy. if you want to get into actual demons and shit, its all about intention. like if your going to go to the extent to follow a thing written by a guy with a big name, chances are someone will answer your call.

>Modern Satanism has fuck all to do with Satanism as it's been practiced in the past
has it ever been actually practiced in the past? most people invoking demons using grimoires were still using the power of god and the archangels to keep demons outside the circle or whatever

never seen an old book unironically worshiping demons

Attached: magicsquare.jpg (509x421, 67K)

Well, I think it's fun

Attached: lavey-ritual-tier.jpg (715x350, 60K)

youtu.be/V1EXeurb4lI

>Modern Satanism has fuck all to do with Satanism
there's no such thing as Satanism except for Modern Satanism

it's utter shit and Lavey is a con man

This is accurate, except in isolated cases where people did worship Satan. There is no evidence of a satanic cabal or religion. Romantic Satanists are the originals, though they were likely not literal. There is also the reverence for Satan as a nature spirit in old Sweden or Norway.

It's a larp based on herisology

LeVay: I'm a showman, atheist, egoist.
You: He's totally a con!

are they still selling satanist id cards?

From what I understand, yes they are.

Nietzsche says the same stuff but better and without the edgy symbolic trappings of associating it with Satan, and even Nietzsche is somewhat of a meme.

Absolutely no LeVayan or Nietzschean scholar would say that Nietzsche agrees with LeVay. Ubiquitously, every scholar calls LeVay pseudo-nietzschean social darwinism.

I like both, but no.

Because academics want Nietzsche to be a liberal. It's blatantly obvious to everyone actually reading Nietzsche that all that matters in the world is gaining power; imposing your will on the world. Aka egoism.

Anything good that can be found in it is stolen from someone who said it better.

It's Ayn Rand with cosplay.
It and his hokey schtick were allowed to flourish because as long as you're pushing antisocial, histrionic individualism, you're no threat to the established corporate paradigm trying to replace society with a marketplace.
A selfish perma-baby looking for novelty and basically worshiping itself is the perfect corporate work/consumption node.

Yeah no.

Okay you convinced me.

Anton LaVey was Randian free will.
Nietzsche was a determinist.
LaVey endorsed indulgence.
Nietzsche didn't even drink coffee.
LaVey beat animals.
Nietzsche cried over horse.

LaVey was a hedonist.
Nietzsche was about self overcoming.

You will not find a legitimate Nietzsche scholar who would agree with you.

>Because academics want Nietzsche to be a liberal

Attached: vO7lRZ7.png (621x702, 56K)

the entire book is plagiarized from much earlier sources. Levey is an evil faggot

>evil
Spooked
>bringing up points already discussed above
BASIC

here’s another point: he’s a materialist egoist which is fucking gay

kill yourself you meme’ing cunt

He's right you know.

nope

uh bro look up what satan actually means. it means accuser, blamer. this is why Jewish synagogues in ancient times were said to be satanic, because they held ill will towards Christians. the satanic bible and laveyan satanists are fucking retarded yeah i said it.

uh bro unironically good, good, good, good, good post.

SOOOPER SPOOOOOKED

Edgy spiritual LARPing manual that unintentionally plagiarized (it was fault of the publisher) from Might is Right. Lazy combination Nietzsche, Rand, Crowley, and Redbeard, and I can really only recommend the first one.

See

You can recommend Redbeard for the entertainment value of the extreme edge though.