Does anyone else feel saddened that we never got to see what he could have become?

Does anyone else feel saddened that we never got to see what he could have become?
His whole life seemed to be working towards some masterpiece that was cut short. His harsh views of reality were softened with his correspondence with other writers and his style just became more masterful.
He reminds me of Ivan in the brothers Karamasov.
What do you think he could have created if he hadn't been so tragically cut short?

Attached: hp-lovecraft.jpg (700x386, 100K)

Who the fuck cares?

A long novel would've been nice.

Because we are potentially missing out on a masterpiece beyond what any writer could have offered. Or maybe not. It is a story that will never eventuate now.
I wanted to see how his views might have changed his writing as well as seeing a full length novel that could have been a more indifferent form of cosmicism. He was already indifferent but to see it explored in full with no prejudice would have truly been a marvelous work.

No one of any pratical value as a human gives any shit

My eldest cat, NIGGERMAN xDDDD

It would have taken more than just a few more years, you'd have to rework his entire life from the publication of At The Mountains of Madness onwards at the very latest. Lovecraft had given up on fiction before he became aware of just how dismal his health was.

lmao

kek not even wrong

>dude it was totally way scary man, I can't even describe because it was too much for words but just trust me niggerman

Lovecraft threads have become some of the worst on this board in recent times.

Didn't he write an entire essay about how novels are bad, or was that Poe?

>What could have been
What's the point? There are actual masterworks that you haven't read because you keep being a redditing cocksucker

I hate Lovecraft’s prose, and only some of his stories are interesting. A lot of them are boring as fuck “guys there’s a creepy thing in the dark and it’s super creepy. I had a dream about it and it was so scary, and then I went into the dark and died the end”

He actually tried to write one but it’s less than a page, "Azathoth" I think

I agree, OP. It's a shame he never wrote a full-length novel.

I had this same thought as well OP.
His later stories show him moving away from his "spooky monsters XD" to a more sophisticated form of science fiction.
The Shadow Out of Time and The Haunter in the Dark are two specific examples I can think of that prove that this guy still had a lot of ideas left in his mind. If he made it into the 40s and 50s, he would have produced stories 100 times greater than the stuff he left us with. Shame.

>What do you think he could have created if he hadn't been so tragically cut short?
A novel that missed anything likeable about his old stuff but would overshadow all of it because muh novel.

What makes you think that?

dexter ward was a novel, albeit a short one, and it really doesn't deviate from his usual style except there is more of a "back and forth" struggle between the protagonists and villains (like Dracula or something) as opposed to the big monster just swooping in suddenly and defeating everyone like in most of his stories

This is really intellectually dishonest. You could make the same case for nearly anyone. "He died, but if he didn't, he would've eventually achieved something great." Obviously people will improve if given enough time, but who says that their lifetime would be long enough?

Yeah, it saddens me. His stuff was getting better and better as he got older.