Are there any books, other than the Bible, that made you believe in God, or deepened your understanding of God?

Are there any books, other than the Bible, that made you believe in God, or deepened your understanding of God?

Attached: jesus.jpg (194x260, 7K)

Nature by Emerson
Walden by Thoreau
Koran
The Republic by Plato

>or deepened your understanding of God?
basically every good book i've ever read

I never believed in Santa and then I drew a parallel between Santa with gifts and God with heaven when I was around 4-5 years old. It was so obviously a scam to make adults behave the way the government or those in power wanted just like kids have to be good to get gifts. It's only more absurd now that the Church has no power as it once used to and rulers are not seen as representatives of God, but plebes still believe. I watch movies with Santa, but I still know its a dumb lie we tell kids to make them feel good. You can read all the religious fanfic in the world, but unless you turn your brain off or are in a really bad situation in your life, you'll be able to see just how shit it all is.

Daodejing

>It's only more absurd now that the Church has no power
Oh don't worry they're still influencing millions of people while they leech on my taxes

>while they leech on my taxes
wot
Where do you live and what do they do?

>Where do you live
Italy
>what do they do?
They leech on taxpayer money

America, Mexico, Africa the Churches still have influence over politics and economics, get free money from the government and don't pay taxes at all. Its fucking sick. the next christfag you see you should spit in their fucking face honestly

My bad. I guess they do have influence there. Germany fixed it in a pretty nice way tho. If you're religious, you pay extra to support your religious community.

Re-discover God through Satan

Attached: cover (1).jpg (334x522, 39K)

I'm well read and there isn't a book that has convinced me that god exists

Maybe facile, but Man's Search for Meaning strengthened my belief: 'If there is a meaning in life at all, then there must be a meaning in suffering...'

I dream of that castle...I dream I've been there before. I have a few dreams in my life that return in the day time as a vivid glimpse of a scene. I don't know why I have these dreams or why certain ones have stayed with me so long, but I've toured the outside of castles before and found them alive almost. I remember flying to a city in Scotland once and had the entire place mapped out in my head in a day. I don't believe in explanations beyond scientific understanding, but I do spook easily. I found myself driving through a place that resembled one of those vivid dreams once and it scared me. I was sleeping on the beach during a thunder storm, and it was just a year after a major hurricane had hit that place so there were grave stones in the places where houses once were and abandoned properties everywhere. If I did dream of that castle, I hope I don't suddenly find myself there on the outskirts. I think I might go mad, or worse.

is this bait

Ew, no, God is for plebs.

thats not really fair user. while im not a christfag my self still we should be the ones who are the adults here since they are clearly not willing to do so. Emulating the braindead monkey behaviour your shitting on is never a good idea.

The Conference of the Birds by Attar
Rumi's Masnavi
Sanai's The Walled Garden of Truth
Goethe's Faust
In Search of the Miraculous
Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson
Meetings With Remarkable Men

How exactly do they leech on taxpayer money tho?
Surely your government doesn't directly fund the Vatican, and if it does I wonder if it's due to corruption or over the table means.
>still have influence over politics and economics
Sure, like any other large group
>get free money from the government
Gonna need citations on that one, lad.
>don't pay taxes at all
muh church and state
>the next christfag you see you should spit in their fucking face honestly
That's kinda pathetic you'd lash out at an average person trying to better themselves because of something that occurs at an institutional level.
Pretty nasty behaviour tbqh

The Study Qur’an, some Bart Ehrman New Testament textual crit books, the Holy Bible in NRSV and KJV. Confessions.

Dante's Divine comedy
This book, besides being a great pleasure to read, got me interested in christianity.

Reading Thomas Merton was a great idea for me, he opens the door to a deeper idea of Christianity.

Pseudo-Dionysius is fantastic, but you need to be prepared for it.