Here's that book you lent me bro. I told you I always give back books that people lend me

>here's that book you lent me bro. I told you I always give back books that people lend me

Attached: IMG_4447.jpg (332x443, 28K)

At least it doesn't have semen on it

>lending books to plebs
You deserve what you get.

wait until you get to chapter 5

I lent a girl my copy of The Secret History, she read it and enjoyed it. Should I ask for it back?

is the spine okay? are you one of the hypersensitive souls for whom shelf wear is an issue?

from my perspective
>you got it back
>it still has it's cover on it
>this
>it's not regularly dogeared
>seems like he tried to save the spine
>did not dip it in coffee or beer
would lend again/10

its*
yeah and see if she has any good ones. always best to lend one and take one hostage. they don't always come back

>here it is bro, perfect condition just like when you lent it to me

Attached: IMG_4448.jpg (240x181, 8K)

show me the actual spine you fucking whinger

No problem man, you can take some other if you feel like it.

I hate going into a used book store, finding a first edition with a solid DJ, and having to pass because some retard stored it in some unfathomable way, causing damage like that to the spine. Seriously, how does that even happen?

>how does that even happen
glue binding does that. if it's stitch bound it shouldn't, but it depends on the thread and tension

Ask for it back as an excuse to bring her back to your place. Then you can show off with your book collection and make a move. Do it for your bros, not all of us are lucky enough to know Veeky Forums grills.

>asking OP to reveal it's a MMPB
kek

Imagine being so autistic and superficial that cosmetic wear on the outside covers and outer edges of pages was enough to render a book "unreadable" to you. Now imagine discovering a long lost scroll/book/etc. and throwing it away because it had yellowed and become brittle with age.

Never lend Lolita.

If you've lend some unread book this is legit.

It could be a lot worse. I'm fine as long as there are no stains or tearing.

yeah that's true, i didn't consider that possibility.

>caring about the condition of a paperback

>Books cost Caring about minor wear and tear

>yfw you don't judge a book by its cover.

Attached: 1521223750152.gif (678x422, 55K)

Imagine buying new and getting them in this condition. Buying online is a gamble because you might get a piece of shit. Going to the store is just as bad because the few on display have been opened a million times and look like shit. Sigh...

Nobody actually thinks like this or does anything close to this. I’m the worst example you’ll find and I’m only picky when it concerns new books. I hate paying top dollar only to get something that clearly was handle/ stored like shit. If I was paying used prices, then I wouldn’t care at all. Have plenty of older books which I cherish. Many of them have flaws but I can deal with it.

where are you getting

In this thread - faggots who worry about the exterior appearance of a book rather than the quality of the interior.
Books are to be read.

Attached: 86C972A9-84E5-4171-80D0-C9A92C9E0B8C-13117-000014359B3161F3.png (418x280, 162K)

If it can be replaced, not to worry.

If it can't, you shouldn't have lent it out.

based collectible poster.

damn, /thread on third post and yet we're still goin

its still nice to have possessions that aren't all worn.