"So what does that even mean? Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity."

"So what does that even mean? Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity."
"That's the thing, most war species... you know... like war. Human's absolutely detest it. Something like a quarter of their literature is whining about how much war sucks. That being said, most of that literature goes into great detail about how exactly war was fought ages ago, right now, or in some hypothetical future."
"I'm still not following you."
"OK, say you are doing something you love to do, you stretch it out, you make it last, you try to set it up so you can do it again as soon as possible.
Something you hate, but have to do often. You do it quick, you do it efficiently, you try to set it so you never have to do it again.
With war, that involves inflicting the greatest amount of death, with the greatest amount of suffering, to anything that can possibly provide resistance.
That's what the humans have been doing.
You know how many war species invented chemical warfare? None! There's no fun in opening a valve and having all the other side drop dead. All examples were peaceful species acting in self-defense against war species.
The humans hadn't even had heavier than air flight for 2 decades before they already started mass deploying. They only stopped because they developed chemical masks and found the mask were negatively affecting their ability to kill quickly. Even then they started working on actual neurotoxic gasses which could be absorbed through the skin. You know why they did it? That particular conflict had gone on for a few years, and everyone was getting sick of it, so they tried to do the horrible thing and get it over with.
Did you know that they had their first fission bomb before they had their first fission power plant? They justified that by saying that if they had attacked conventionally, they would have actually killed MORE people. So they dropped two city-busters and called it a mercy, because the alternative was to lay waste to an entire densely populated subcontinent.
That's humanity in a nutshell. They're fairly creative sorts, but they have an unusual view of the big picture. They see war as an utter horror. So horrible that the greatest atrocities are but mild annoyances. So, they say: we find war so horrible, we will spare you and the universe that great horror, by unleashing this other far lesser horror. So that's why we virus bombed that eco-system, flooding the atmosphere with oxidized hydrocarbons, and then set it alight. So we can spare you the horrors of war. That's why we redirected that gamma ray-burst. To spare you the horrors of war. That's why we unleashed that arguably sentient nano-swarm to painfully reprocess that entire sentient species. To spare you the horrors of war.
They are a species so scared of war, that nothing else can scare them, and in their fear, they'll unleash horrors unimaginable on the universe and count the universe fortunate.”

Attached: 1521096804294.jpg (1080x1349, 85K)

didn't read lol

uh bro why is felix so attractive

gay

Stopped reading after like ten seconds. You're a bad writer and do not have interesting thoughts likely because you only have 110 IQ

Hating war is a relatively new phenomenon.

It really isnt you idiot. Even in the Illiad people were complaining about how much war sucks

jokes on you I didnt write it, its from reddit

Well let the dude from reddit know how I feel about him

Who is this semen succubus? I want to worship her forever

>her
Dawg, are you sitting down?

Holy shit, not everything is a trap you asshat.

hatred for war is a 20th century thing, before that it was deemed necessary or even glorified

No, but that is

That thing is retard.

You need to read more, a lot more

Holy... I want more

>I'm mad that war will always continue to exist
>so I'm going to argue like a snooty 15 year old girl to make my point

im not the guy you first replied to, unless you have an example besides "some dudes in the illiad", shut the fuck up

spartans lived for war, mongols loved that shit, cruzades for catholics, jihad for muslims, fucking roman culture was built up around soldiers and war, indian sacred texts are about warriors, etc. modern weaponry and atomic bombs took the honor factor from war and thus vilvified it to the western society pov

Sauce?

The absolute state of this board

>im not the guy you first replied to, unless you have an example besides "some dudes in the illiad"

From what springs to mind the majority of Christian writers, most of the Buddhist tradition, multiple plays from Shakespeare, the Medieval Peave Movement in France. Yeah you can pick examples from anywhere for or against it, point is you're an ignoramous to generalize all of history before the modern era as holding a single opinion

If you think the Iliad is a celebration of war you probably haven't actually read it

you are cherry picking book examples while im giving you the names of whole cultures that lived to perform war, like vikings or samurai

pacifists were a minority until the 1900

If you think that's my point you're probably a moron

The idea is decently interesting, the writing is atrocious.

>while im giving you the names of whole cultures that lived to perform war, like vikings or samurai

The "vikings" and "samurai" were not cultures, they were individuals within cultures, cultures which also included people who were not fans of war as I was showing with the examples I was citing and I don't consider entire major religions "cherry picking" you fucking retard

> cultures that lived to perform war, like vikings or samurai

> being this retarded

also cultures like the navy seals and judo

>Hating war is a relatively new phenomenon.

Attached: 1493243644637 (2).jpg (1000x1000, 570K)

You're a fucking retard. Just because love for war is ancient, doesn't mean hate for war isn't also ancient.

Typical Veeky Forums.
More interested in something sounds snappy and true than with something that actually stands up to any scrutiny.

If God hated gays why did he make boys such delightful faunets?

felinety ftw

>"So what does that even mean? Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity."
Also, how did scrambled eggs get stuck with breakfast exclusivity?

Even better

is that a boy?

This piques my interest

Yes and if you don't want to fuck him you're the real fag here.

Autist retard...

should have stopped after "That's what humans have been doing." Everything after that was clearly you indulging in how profound you thought you were and lecturing the readers on it. The observation by itself is more interesting.

Too bad in the real world guys (nor girls for that matter) look like this