Tfw plan on dicking around throughout my 20s, not taking my professional career seriously...

>tfw plan on dicking around throughout my 20s, not taking my professional career seriously, reading literature that interests me and writing the occasional short story, and then somehow becoming an actual writer in my 30s

Mark Twain didn’t publish his first novel until he was 34. Tell me we’re all gonna make it, Veeky Forums. Haha...

Attached: 75F90B86-146F-44EC-A129-AF4CF059ED86.gif (558x400, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OTpciqjpVa8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We’re all gonna make it.

Attached: 1496328616866.png (296x256, 117K)

there might be hope after all. thanks op.

Attached: IMG_2096.jpg (400x447, 49K)

If you spend your 20s honing your craft, it might actually happen

We'll all make it buddy

Attached: voyage of life old age.jpg (4000x2691, 1.95M)

So what happens when you turn 30 and you're still working your shit job, still depressed, still anxious, still unpublished, still unsure of your talent, but now poor and living in increasingly tightened circumstances with no way out?

Attached: 4544C617-2CCA-439F-8F50-C2C7ADFC1EE0.gif (354x200, 3.35M)

>no way out

Heh... you knew here kid, you forget there’s always an off switch tempting to be flicked.

I'll make it because you guys won't.

The only way to improve is to do it more and more. If you can make money off practice, it's worth it.

This is such a misconception. Writers don’t get published until a later age because that’s how long it takes to get good at writing. They’re constantly writing and working to get published throughout their 20s. If you start at 30 you’ll just never make it. Unless you spent your younger years doing something interesting, you became known for thay, and then you write a book about it. But either way dicking around gets you nowhere.

I spent my early twenties dicking around. I'm going to spent the rest of my twenties seriously honing my writing, reading books that not only interest me but are beneficial and inspiring (no trash lit), continuing my study, working a job that fulfills me creatively while leaving me some time to myself and generally living life consciously

I dont expect to be published by 30 but I don't see why I wont be in a position to be published during my thirties

What if you start at 22?

>he writes to be published

Attached: 5f708fc03d75c426.jpg (300x300, 20K)

You can start anything in your twenties, but don’t waste time. These are the prime years of your life. Five years in your twenties are probably worth more than your later decades combined.

of course! it's so simple! why didn't I think of it? all you have to do is lower your expectations for success until you can realistically achieve your goals! with this simple way of thinking, everyone, regardless of motivation, time, or ability, will be able to make it! this revolutionary new mental technique needs a name: I'll call it... moving the hoop down!

youtube.com/watch?v=OTpciqjpVa8

time traveler...

That's not the point you brainlet. You should write because you have something to say, not because you desperately crave validation in the form of publishing.

that's what i've done but not by choice :(

>but now poor and living in increasingly tightened circumstances with no way out

that's been my 20s so i'm used to it but i'm not op

Hi Sam

So what are you guys doing to ensure when you hit your 30s your writing will be publishable. So far I'm just browsing this board.

I think you're supposed to do a mixture of reading a lot and having abnormal experiences. I've tried moving around a lot, ran out of money and spent some time homeless, hitch hiked up the northern half of Japan, that kind of stuff.

Reading a lot and writing a lot ideally.

The Unpublished Chad

>keeps all of his work to himself as he knows only he can truly understand his mind
>knows his ideas are too good for others to know about
>protects the careers of great writers from being demolished by his stunning prose
>understands that all of human canon must continue in mediocrity in order to truly earn and appreciate his levels of enlightenment
>cares for his fellow man and empathizes with his condition, and thus refuses to publish so that every man can have a wife, lest every female flock to him in tears over his literary majesty
>spares millions of lives in preventing the countless cultural revolutions his published works would spark
>humbly watches the sun set on humanity as the steward of its transcendence, observing the suffering and toil as a wholly removed spectator, knowing that it is far more merciful to let the species die than to put it through the pain of enlightenment

Attached: 1520389705418.jpg (292x302, 25K)

Whomst is Sam?

Ok Kerouac

I'm not saying travel's the only way, but you need to have a broad range of experiences to have writing fodder, right? If your only passion is the internet, it's the only thing you'll be able to write about

Found the last man

uh bro as someone who did exactly that it is not ideal. get a career of some kind while studying the craft, but don't let it grind you into mealpaste and be prepared to work hard. writing is not a hobby for weak men bro

test

did it work

What job will you be working?

Also, have you started this, or is it just a plan?

im not the respondee but im surprised how people get truly emotive on the subjet

This was my plan but i'm getting disillusioned with it. 25 still working retail and my writing isn't getting any better.

Attached: 63268f8c19412a13.jpg (235x214, 8K)

The real Chad is the one who never even writes or even thinks about ideas for books because he knows the world isn’t ready for the fruits of his brain, even posthumously

I wish more of you understood this