What do I need to read before starting the Bible?

What do I need to read before starting the Bible?

Attached: 23458f08cbfc88dc2d04f67ced6438e6--jesus-christ-images-jésus-christ.jpg (505x677, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/30AunYXtYDg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nothing, friend. I started the other week.
Just start w/ the pentateuch then go onto the NT and keep reading the OT. It's all wonderful

Probably some Jewish shit

The Epic of Gilgamesh to see all the shit (((they))) ripped off.

Which parts of the Old Testament should I read before starting the New Testament?

Unironically the Greeks.

Plato

None.

You're gonna start with Mark then John and then Acts. After that you begin with the Old Testament from the beginning.

Richard Dawkins' "God Delusion"

Attached: 9781784161927.jpg (257x400, 33K)

Gilgamesh
Enuma Elish
Atrahasis

Really, any Mesopotamian literature written before the 7th century BCE is interesting to read before/along with reading the Old Testament.

*tips fedora*
`In this moment, I am euphoric`

its interesting because both books are ripoffs of Semitic and Egyptian religion

Woaaaaahhhhh
Myths(origin stories, not in the typical normie brainlet sense that you would assume) in Mesopotamia have flood stories!!! Woahhh so weeirdd, cuz Mesopotamia was subject to a lot of flooding woaaaahhhh

Thats soooo interestingggg, that there are multiple myths about floods in a place that floods a lot wooooaaaahhhh

Euphrates and Tigris WOAAAHHHHH

5/8 b8
Anyone ever seen the LBR review for The God Delusion? I heard richard Dawkins has a new butthole since then

Who the fuck is LBR?

Whoops, LRB
London Review of Books

they copied literally every part of genesis from other Semites, the entire Christ myth from other Semites and the Egyptian book of the dead. You stupid fucking christfag

All of it. And read the Pentateuch more than once, that's the most important part.

Read books about the lived experiences of queer people who have been oppressed and victimized by white catholic christians for millennia. Then realize christianity was a patriarchal plot to control women's bodies all along

Nice red herring, but I'll bite. The Christ myth copied Egyptian myths? What like Horus or Osiris?

Brainlet. Myths are not just "origin stories" and there are parts of Noah and Utnapishtim's stories that are identical to the point that they have to be related.

Could you provide some quotes?

yes and dionysus and mithra and vishnu are all copies

t. passive aggressive christ faggot host

Try harder
youtu.be/30AunYXtYDg
(I didn't feel like typing)

>No, I can't.
ftfy

kek
but for real this

LMAO YOU FELL FOR OBVIOUS BAIT!! HAHAHAHHAHAHA

>says try harder
>links a video instead
I'd hardly call that fallig for b8; but hey...
This post was okay b8 I guess

start with proverbs. then timothy. Its a good start. you need to know that you arent perfect and that no matter how bad things might seem, there is hope in tangible words. Love, compassion, mercy, grace, these are the things you can gain from the bible. Why do you want to start reading it?

I feel that when you read the bible, truthfully to learn you can see that individual people are as misguided and wayward as you are. In the same regard, there are some that read the bible and ask why they do, but even those answers can be found in the bible.
read genesis and understand that life is delicate, perfect and imperfect, and that no matter how prepared you try to be, nothing can prepare you for the wisdom and truth found in it. no books can ready you for coming face to face with yourself. you may as well know nothing when you start reading the Bible.

Nothing, it's the other way around. You read the Bible then read interpretation of it.

Everyone in this thread is a brainlet. If you have a working knowledge of Christianity, read the whole thing Genesis-Revelation. If you have no idea what Christianity is about, read the whole New Testament then the whole Old Testament. All these posts like “read Mark first” “read Proverbs first” “start by reading the neoplatonists and a collection of ancient Sumerian myths before getting a comprehensive education in Russian literature all before you read the Bible” are a load of crap by people who have most likely never read the Bible but have worked out some perfect formula to read it… someday.
Listen to me, I’ve read the full Bible twice and the New Testament three times: if you mostly understand Christianity but haven’t read the Bible yet, read it all the way through Genesis-Revelation. If you don’t know anything about Christianity, read the New Testament first.

Start with the Sumerians

>Just read Leviticus lol