What are some good children's books for a kid age 3-5 to get started learning to read? I'm getting my son pic related...

What are some good children's books for a kid age 3-5 to get started learning to read? I'm getting my son pic related, but what else should I get?

Attached: bundo.jpg (500x500, 31K)

hungry hungry caterpillar is pure lit core. otherwise just read books out loud or play audiobooks.

The "If you give a mouse a cookie" book is great. Teaches your son a valuable lesson too.

Do what I am about to say. This is an unronic advice:

Narrate him, as a bedtime story, the clean versions of The Iliad and The Odissey

>hungry hungry caterpillar is pure lit core.

Attached: ericcarle.png (2203x1814, 2.12M)

>Narrate him, as a bedtime story, the clean versions of The Iliad and The Odissey
I do not sterilize the works. I take the heat from the woman and continue. Also:
>Cuchulain of Muirthemne by Lady Gregory
>The original Pinnochio by Collodi
>Animal Farm by Orwell
>11 plays of WB Yeats
>7 Short Plays by Lady Gregory
Of course, OP wants texts for the child to READ, not to have read to them.
>Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type
This text is almost written grammatically correct, which is a great accomplishment for children's literature. It is also a good entry into the field of political science.

start with aesop you fucking pleb

The Lost Scrapbook by Evan Dara

I forgot to add:
>Pixi Bucher
These are great for when the child begins Deutsch study. They are written at the child's level but they contain very little fluff unlike (((American))) children's literature. There are nearly a thousand volumes published over 50 years.
>Vater Eichhorn fallt von Baum
This is my favorite, so far.

Speaking about positivism and Freud..

>With many of my books I attempt to bridge the gap between the home and school. To me home represents, or should represent; warmth, security, toys, holding hands, being held. School is a strange and new place for a child. Will it be a happy place? There are new people, a teacher, classmates—will they be friendly?

>I believe the passage from home to school is the second biggest trauma of childhood; the first is, of course, being born. Indeed, in both cases, we leave a place of warmth and protection for one that is unknown. The unknown often brings fear with it. In my books, I try to counteract this fear, to replace it with a positive message. I believe that children are naturally creative and eager to learn. I want to show them that learning is really both fascinating and fun.

>start with aesop
I forgot this one in my previous list but, in my defense, it is compiled with my copy of Pinnochio under one cover. Aesop is highly recommended.

The art is at least as important as the actual text of the book. Look for books about topics your son has expressed an interest in (e.g. bugs, machines, etc.) but you obviously don't need to limit yourself to what he already knows he likes.
A couple names I remember are Bill Peet and Tomie dePaola. Also Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats by TS Eliot, if you wanna keep it Veeky Forums.

Attached: 3967792941_d3411fbab8_b.jpg (1024x768, 269K)

The Bob Books are a good primer if you have nothing else. They will soon show their crap plot lines, however. They are a cheap and easy start.

Attached: 41aZCDjwGuL.jpg (357x500, 26K)

Though I enjoyed the story line, Klassen makes extremely poor use of prepositions, as is portrayed in the title. It is regrettable that someone so keenly focused on the idea of maintaining one's own sovereignty writes so poorly. These comments carry just as well for "This Is Not My Hat", also by Klassen. At least he did not botch the title on that one.

This one.

Attached: images[1].jpg (268x188, 10K)

DRUMPF BTFO

Attached: 71MMIBeUxHL[1].jpg (2240x1400, 250K)

Leftist propoganda. Children should be reading this instead.

Attached: Thump-640x480[1].jpg (640x480, 39K)

Weslandia, EChoes of the Elders, essentially every Eric Carle book, Where the Wild Things Are, Salamander Room, every nonShrek William Stieg book. Most Dr Seuss.

can liberals stop using my superior sexuality to PWN conservatives already? we're still going to enslave you into our BDSM hell-dungeons...

Was unironically going to make a thread about Marlon Bundo. It genuinely looked good.

This trolled me into thinking Carle was dead

> the first bundred days

Kinda aww'd, fucking love RABBITS